United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-12-2019, 12:25 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Pleased for him. Not convinced he’s the right man for the job still but good to see him smile
He smiles too much, according to some on here.

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:39 AM
windy waffles

Good result last night but we've been here before. Never have a problem getting up for the big games. Need to show the same desire against teams on our same level such as Bournemouth, Villa and Sheffield United.

Unread 05-12-2019, 08:42 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Good result last night but we've been here before. Never have a problem getting up for the big games. Need to show the same desire against teams on our same level such as Bournemouth, Villa and Sheffield United.
The seasons a write off for me. I dont think they will get 4th. Simply because we need reinforcements that we wont get or we need to stay at full strength till the end of the season , which wont happen.

They can easily piss europa, up untill the semi finals its easy. Focus on that and get into the champions league next year

Unread 05-12-2019, 09:09 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
The criticism of Ole has been way over the top.

Van Gaal lost 4 in a row to Wolfsberg Bournemouth Norwich and Stoke yet people are happy to champion him now.

Even if he didnt get a result tonight, I thought the short-sightedness chub faced Woodward wouldve pulled the trigger to please the twitterati. Very glad for Ole. Should be there for all to see how hard the players ran tonight vs how poorly they chased Villa- sitting back or not.

Closing down in 3's high up the pitch, playing forwards, making runs, getting in the box. Maybe they were aware its on Amazon. An indicment of how much the onus should be on them, more than the manager.

Hopefully a couple in Jan and a couple more in June. Then we can have a fair assessment of his time.

Up until then- enjoy the wins, homegrown players up for it, youngest team in the league and a proper united man at the helm. There are a few players in this team to "like".

When we lose- obviously give Lingard and Pereira stick in bucketloads.

Onto City

Thought Greenwood did OK as well, didn't seem out of his depth and linked up play quite nicely. He didn't write his name all over the game but also didn't look like he was trying to do too much. Forced a good save from Gazzaniga as well .

Greenwood - 18
Williams - 19
Rashford - 22
The Scottish Player - 22
AWB - 22
James - 22

Hell of a transformation from 12 months ago when Rashford was struggling for form and The Scottish Player was being derided for his managers decision to play him at centre back.

OIe

Unread 05-12-2019, 01:15 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The seasons a write off for me. I dont think they will get 4th. Simply because we need reinforcements that we wont get or we need to stay at full strength till the end of the season , which wont happen.

They can easily piss europa, up untill the semi finals its easy. Focus on that and get into the champions league next year
Genuinely think we will win the Europa League this season.

Unread 05-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Jethro

Papering the cracks

Unread 05-12-2019, 02:24 PM
atticusgrinch

Can't believe anyone ever doubted Ole.

Disgusting.

Unread 05-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Finport Red

On the basis that, if we bring in Poch or whoever else, we will be back to where we were a year ago with no guarantee (given the state of our owners and woodward) that we will be any better off with recruitment.

Also on acceptance that we are not the same club that we were a decade ago, that there are ten years of terrible decisions that have got us where we are now, I've decided to just accept what it is, where we are and just live in hope that it will get better.

I don't think we are too far away. With a bit of luck in holding on to leads, and a good transfer window in January, replacing those who went in the summer and reinforcing the squad with a bit of experience, we will be all right.

Team Ole

Unread 05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
On the basis that, if we bring in Poch or whoever else, we will be back to where we were a year ago with no guarantee (given the state of our owners and woodward) that we will be any better off with recruitment.

Also on acceptance that we are not the same club that we were a decade ago, that there are ten years of terrible decisions that have got us where we are now, I've decided to just accept what it is, where we are and just live in hope that it will get better.

I don't think we are too far away. With a bit of luck in holding on to leads, and a good transfer window in January, replacing those who went in the summer and reinforcing the squad with a bit of experience, we will be all right.

Team Ole
Starting with

Unread 05-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Starting with

Maybe its just me, but Obertan always reminded me of Francis Dollarhyde from `Manhunter`.

Unread 05-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
Maybe its just me, but Obertan always reminded me of Francis Dollarhyde from `Manhunter`.
Squidward for me.

Unread 05-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Can't believe anyone ever doubted Ole.

Disgusting.

He needs time and some proper £#%&!ing players. Then he can be judged properly imo. Sancho, Haaland, Rice and Maddison or Havertz s'il vouz plait...

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:33 PM
My Name is Keith

So..................

The OG OGS’s on here can be pretty £#%&!ing smug.

Ole

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:34 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So..................

The OG OGS’s on here can be pretty f***ing smug.

Ole

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
AK14

Surely any doubts people had about his style and ability to do the job has gone now?

Clearly needs to be backed in jan with signings and we’ll get stronger and stronger.

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
So..................

The OG OGS’s on here can be pretty £#%&!ing smug.

Ole

We really have some utter weapons supporting us. The abuse he’s come in for is a disgrace

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:38 PM
Patty_b

Pochettino X

Mourinho X

Guardiola X

'Out of his depth'

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:39 PM
MagnificentSeven

done both jose and pep in the space of three days

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:41 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
done both jose and pep in the space of three days
and Chelseas twice and should have beaten Arsenal and Liverpool..all with a threadbare squad but hey he can't coach or manage and makes stupid substitutions

Unread 07-12-2019, 08:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
and Chelseas twice and should have beaten Arsenal and Liverpool..all with a threadbare squad but hey he can't coach or manage and makes stupid substitutions

If only he had a clue...
Closed Thread