United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2023, 08:53 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
There’s lot of them there mate. Have you?

Unread 01-09-2023, 08:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Keep pushing me. I’m not not beyond editing and putting it all in one big block. Then you’ll be sorry.

Unread 01-09-2023, 09:01 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
The Scottish Player won't have any asset value because he came from the youth system and there was no fee involved. An arbitrary figure can't be just parachuted into the accounts to make the balance sheet look better. Any fee received is pure profit so if its true that a fee of 30m was turned down someone should probably be fired.
Selling academy players is the holy grail for ffp and is exactly why city and chelsea Invest so much Into player farming .
The Scottish Player will have a value. He’s a contracted playing asset. He just has no purchase cost so is pure profit when sold.

Unread 01-09-2023, 09:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Keep pushing me. I’m not not beyond editing and putting it all in one big block. Then you’ll be sorry.

Unread 01-09-2023, 10:33 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
I don’t blame ETH at all*. On the contrary, you can see him attempting to bring the required standard. It’s just very difficult with the hole we’ve dug for ourselves. The lack of clarity and communication re the ownership is another big cloud.

*Mount is a highly dubious choice that he needs to get right though. Benefit of the doubt though.
Why is Mount dubious he clearly fits into the mould of the player ETH wants - the fact that he's having to fit him into a system that is not complete but he can see in him how he wants to play.

Remember Brighton and Brentford last year trying to play out from the back - The players who could (Martinez and Varane) were handicapped by De Gea and Maguire- he's now brought in players who can now do it and last year was a transition year towards that system that is now established.

I see Mount as a part of a transition towards the sort of style he wants to play and at the moment it's similar to the issues of playing out from the back.

If Mount is the right sort of player and is available and wants to come then he should sign him as he might not be available when the rest is in place.

You can't just buy 6 or 8 new first team players it's at least 3 seasons so if the right player comes along you buy him.

Unread 01-09-2023, 10:51 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Why is Mount dubious he clearly fits into the mould of the player ETH wants - the fact that he's having to fit him into a system that is not complete but he can see in him how he wants to play.

Remember Brighton and Brentford last year trying to play out from the back - The players who could (Martinez and Varane) were handicapped by De Gea and Maguire- he's now brought in players who can now do it and last year was a transition year towards that system that is now established.

I see Mount as a part of a transition towards the sort of style he wants to play and at the moment it's similar to the issues of playing out from the back.

If Mount is the right sort of player and is available and wants to come then he should sign him as he might not be available when the rest is in place.

You can't just buy 6 or 8 new first team players it's at least 3 seasons so if the right player comes along you buy him.

Unread 01-09-2023, 11:22 AM
Tuco

3 turds left to flush today

Martial
The Scottish Player
Maguire

If only we could

Unread 01-09-2023, 11:24 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
3 turds left to flush today

Martial
The Scottish Player
Maguire

If only we could
would take this even with no signings

Unread 01-09-2023, 11:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

Don’t get me wrong, I understand why he’s got him. I get the profile and why we need him. I’ve said as much myself on here. My concern is whether he’s good enough and if he elevates us. I don’t think a single person on here wanted him and most would admit it’s underwhelming. But I trust ETH and whatever he’s got planned.
Closed Thread