United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:45 PM
dunk

Default Michael Carrick & Kieran McKenna

Fair play..

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:54 PM
silv

Can they do it on a wet and windy evening at the Emirates?

Unread 11-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Baron

McKenna is doing a really interesting job at Ipswich - was chatting with one of their fans the other day & he's coached previously shocking players into absolute machines doing specific jobs that work for the team. Players that looked like they couldn't trap a ball levels.

He also does a really unstructured coaching session, doesn't treat them as robots. They absolutely love the guy.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:05 PM
AK14

I liked both of them when they were here tbh

They weren’t the problem during their time here as head coaches…

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

So you weren’t one of the people who were slagging off the coaching, and what we did on the training ground etc?

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:39 PM
puressence

richie wellens in for the div 2 one aswell

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Nope. It was 100% Maguire and the midfield.

Unread 11-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Happy for Carrick, couldn't give a single £#%&! about the other guy at Ipswich.....

Unread 11-04-2023, 03:07 PM
goldfinger II

From the outside, it's almost impossible to know how good a coach or assistant manager is. There is no way to tell to what extent their ideas are used by the manager, or how effective they are.

Maybe if things dramatically improve after the arrival or departure of a coach, it might say something about how good they are. Otherwise, it is unknowable.

Unread 11-04-2023, 04:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you weren’t one of the people who were slagging off the coaching, and what we did on the training ground etc?
Probably?…

Genuinely couldn’t tell you… just a heads up, i talk a lot of %@#$&!s and flip flop between opinions depending on the mood I’m in.

But I’m sure you’ve got the bookmarks to clear all this up with a witty snide tagline to gain the adulation from your groupies.

Unread 11-04-2023, 04:26 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
McKenna is doing a really interesting job at Ipswich - was chatting with one of their fans the other day & he's coached previously shocking players into absolute machines doing specific jobs that work for the team. Players that looked like they couldn't trap a ball levels.

He also does a really unstructured coaching session, doesn't treat them as robots. They absolutely love the guy.
his contacts will be useful when rashers's contract runs down, too.

Unread 12-04-2023, 01:29 PM
MUFC One Love

It was weird at United, they seemed to have a good rep then over night the leaks started that they were not very good. I would say they're proving they're good coaches, I wouldn't believe our players, the same ones who have been leathered at our 2 biggest rivals this season.

Unread 12-04-2023, 01:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was weird at United, they seemed to have a good rep then over night the leaks started that they were not very good. I would say they're proving they're good coaches, I wouldn't believe our players, the same ones who have been leathered at our 2 biggest rivals this season.
Neither of these two had ANY experience in management though, that's why they get chewed up and spat out at a club like United....

All they do is cherry pick all the best training drills, pre match speeches from fergie etc, little nutrition changes and other quirky things that brought them succeed and parachute it into lower league teams and it works ...

Players see Carrick as a winner as a big name, some different approaches in training and they jump onboard...

Unread 12-04-2023, 01:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Neither of these two had ANY experience in management though, that's why they get chewed up and spat out at a club like United....

All they do is cherry pick all the best training drills, pre match speeches from fergie etc, little nutrition changes and other quirky things that brought them succeed and parachute it into lower league teams and it works ...

Players see Carrick as a winner as a big name, some different approaches in training and they jump onboard...

Unread 12-04-2023, 05:14 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
his contacts will be useful when rashers's contract runs down, too.

Unread 26-08-2023, 06:46 PM
Mr_Ed

Carrick lost 3 out of 4 this season with 1 point.

McKenna won 3 out of 4 with Ipswich.

As you were.

Unread 26-08-2023, 06:47 PM
dunk

Carrick lost a few players didn’t he?

Unread 26-08-2023, 06:59 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Lok and a few others had him pinned as a future United boss after 10 games last season…

Unread 26-08-2023, 07:36 PM
browser

Ole's offspring

Unread 02-12-2023, 10:58 PM
Baron

Let’s play like this please. Swap McKenna for Rashford?