United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Chelsea and Liverpool Yesterday.

You could throw a blanket over Chelsea's entire midfield yesterday, if you can pressure their fullbacks, they have no width whatsoever.

Liverpool just aren't very good, over-reliant on torres for any inspiration and with a manger who seems to sifgn players deliberately to play them way out of position. I thought it an odd signing in a way given the system Benitez employs and Gerrards inability to play midfield but why spend £20 million on Robbie Keane and play him on the left wing?

Yes, we were shite on Friday, that looked to me to just be a case of not really giving a shit.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Red Caz

Didn't see much of Chelsea but Liverpool were shite yesterday.

It would appear Babel is the new Crouch.

I think the question is "Why spend 20 mil of Robbie Keane at all?" to be honest. Would have been better off keeping Crouch.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Caz

I think the question is "Why spend 20 mil of Robbie Keane at all?" to be honest. Would have been better off keeping Crouch.
Only yesterday? They're shite everytime I see them.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
History

Quote:

Yes but you have to put yourself in 'Rafa land' not the 'real world' and the answer is because Keane is the final piece.

Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Only yesterday? They're shite everytime I see them.
YHBR and you can make your own dinner now

LaPaz

If they would have spent that £20m on SWP & Milner then they would be much more of a threat.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yes but you have to put yourself in 'Rafa land' not the 'real world' and the answer is because Keane is the final piece.
He'd be a decent enough signing if there was any intention to play him off Torres but given Gerrards unwillingness to play as a proper midfielder this was never gonna happen.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Good news for ste, he's beginning top tire of various rat dishes.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Mr_Ed

I can't honestly see the vermin mounting much of a challenge this season. I've seen them three times now on the old goggle box and, quite frankly, the horse is not impressed.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He'd be a decent enough signing if there was any intention to play him off Torres but given Gerrards unwillingness to play as a proper midfielder this was never gonna happen.
Aye, he is a good player just not what liverpool needed. Crouch will get as many goals as keane. Whatever we think of crouch he scores goals. So the Keane Money could of been spent on decent wingers. Like SWP or Bentley for example.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Good news for ste, he's beginning top tire of various rat dishes.
Top tire?

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
If they would have spent that £20m on SWP & Milner then they would be much more of a threat.
Or stuck the extra 5 million in for Villa. Although he'd probably have been employed as a right back.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Top tire?
He prefers it to chicken dishes though 'cos he can't stand having a minutes silence for his tea.

Unread 01-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
He prefers it to chicken dishes though 'cos he can't stand having a minutes silence for his tea.

Believe me, Ste would love a minutes silence at any time.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:01 AM
BarryX

Quote:
MF Round 2 aka 'the next episode' is drawn today, so no doubt mr. ste will be in the kitchen anyway..

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Like you say though, United were trousers on Friday. If a supporter of either of those teams said to you that United are toothless in attack you'd think they were overreacting.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Like you say though, United were trousers on Friday. If a supporter of either of those teams said to you that United are toothless in attack you'd think they were overreacting.
I wasn't necassarily inferring anything from it, though I do think the dippers are way off winning the PL.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Red Caz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
MF Round 2 aka 'the next episode' is drawn today, so no doubt mr. ste will be in the kitchen anyway..
Sweet

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
To be honest though Fuzzy we were missing our second best passing midfielder, our first choice holding midfielder, 42 goal attacker/winger and current first choice left winger who was replaced by a winger who was playing his first competetive match of the season.

So if we looked a bit toothless then we had good reason.

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
To be honest though Fuzzy we were missing our second best passing midfielder, our first choice holding midfielder, 42 goal attacker/winger and current first choice left winger who was replaced by a winger who was playing his first competetive match of the season.

So if we looked a bit toothless then we had good reason.
We were also playing a much better team than either Spurs or Villa.
Closed Thread