Unread 19-08-2023, 07:51 PM
suedeshoes

He's never a Manchester United player

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:00 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's never a Manchester United player
Absolutely shit. Outdone only by beach footballer Jadon.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Stickman

You’d be disappointed at half the price.

Worst thing for me is I expect nothing from him whatsoever.

86m - just can’t get away from that.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:17 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You’d be disappointed at half the price.

Worst thing for me is I expect nothing from him whatsoever.

86m - just can’t get away from that.
And ETH knows him in and out. You could tell after 5 games he was shit

Would love to play against him.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
And ETH knows him in and out. You could tell after 5 games he was shit

Would love to play against him.
His numbers were shit in Holland ffs, was never going to do anything in England our worst ever signing.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:22 PM
BigJim

Honeymoon's over. He needs to start doing the business regularly. Hitting the post is just another miss.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:24 PM
jem

I think the criticism of antony is over the top. forget the price tag. works hard to cover. has a lovely shot (sometimes). wouldn't be in my first xi, but he's not shit.

Unread 19-08-2023, 09:29 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think the criticism of antony is over the top. forget the price tag. works hard to cover. has a lovely shot (sometimes). wouldn't be in my first xi, but he's not shit.
Works hard any chance our 90m winger can pass, beat a man, score, cross the ball or do anything really

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Alrighty then.

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
His numbers were shit in Holland ffs, was never going to do anything in England our worst ever signing.
He arguably isn't even EtH's worst signing FFS.

Why do people feel the need to get so hyperbolic?

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:29 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He arguably isn't even EtH's worst signing FFS.

Why do people feel the need to get so hyperbolic?
Who is worse?

Malacia?

Unread 19-08-2023, 10:35 PM
Hank Scorpio

A circus act.

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:01 PM
armchair

Makes Lee Sharp look like a complicated payer you'd never figure out.

Unread 19-08-2023, 11:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Makes Lee Sharp look like a complicated payer you'd never figure out.
half on a card, the other half in small denomination notes with consecutive serial numbers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Alrighty then.
we paid silly money. no getting round that. just because he wouldn't be in my first xi doesn't make him shit.

Unread 20-08-2023, 04:58 AM
shenwen

Needs to prove himself this season, not just as a useful player but one who will change games. Not off to a great start.

Unread 20-08-2023, 06:44 AM
armchair

He's lucky Amad is injured and Mason is a rapist or there would be four better players in his position at the club.

Unread 20-08-2023, 10:37 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's lucky Amad is injured and Mason is a rapist or there would be four better players in his position at the club.
This. I’ve lost count of the amount of times that he’s wasted great opportunities to either cross it or shoot first time with his right because he has to check back onto his left to recycle the ball to AWB or try his trade mark wide of the goal shot. He slows it all down, makes it predictable and is utterly wasteful. He more often than not kills all the momentum he himself has created.

The rest of his game is ok - great energy, tracks back well, good attitude etc but his failure at the requisites for a winger are shameful.

Can’t understand why he can’t be tried on the left. At least that way he could play it 1st time maintaining the momentum and energy.

Looks a terrible signing at the moment but made worse because of the role he’s been given.

Hopefully an incentivised razzers rather than bottom lip dragging rashers will help.

Unread 20-08-2023, 10:44 AM
Dr Stranger

At the moment, he’s just not hurting teams enough.

When we talk about his qualities, we end discussing work rate, holding his position and tracking back. I’d rather we were talking about the impact he was having in the final third.

He’s become an easy target and ends up getting called shite when he’s still had good moments, but like all our forwards, we need more from him.

Fine margins too. That shot hits the post and goes in, it’s 1-1 and our £80m winger has dragged us back into the game.

Unread 20-08-2023, 10:45 AM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
half on a card, the other half in small denomination notes with consecutive serial numbers?
good

Unread 20-08-2023, 10:51 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
At the moment, he’s just not hurting teams enough.

When we talk about his qualities, we end discussing work rate, holding his position and tracking back. I’d rather we were talking about the impact he was having in the final third.

He’s become an easy target and ends up getting called shite when he’s still had good moments, but like all our forwards, we need more from him.

Fine margins too. That shot hits the post and goes in, it’s 1-1 and our £80m winger has dragged us back into the game.
I hear you Dr but he isn’t a striker. He’s a winger with nobody to supply. Jury is out for me, and well overpriced (not on Erik btw)