United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:16 AM
shenwen

Who are these right footed players that never use their left? Valencia? he got berated for it. Plenty of left footed players that use their right as well. Practically all of them. Antony is definitely an anomaly in that respect. It's weird because he seems to be not too bad on his right. Just has an odd aversion to using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He was good, but he had 3 or 4 shots that did nothing to trouble the keeper when I would have expected Sánchez to have a harder time. They were a bit timid, but I'm expecting better things.

The difference in a front three that worked hard, and even having Dalot overlap properly now & again for him is huge.

If ETH changes the front three starters it would be baffling.
This. Don't care about left or right foot. Just be more effective with whichever one you are using.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Who are these right footed players that never use their left? .
Are you serious ?.

Probably 90% of right footed players across every step of the pyramid from U5's upwards, from barrow in Furness to Barcelona....

Is this some strange wum ?

Do you watch any other level of football ?

He was the reason we started well last night, the intent to win, the desire we have been missing down there both in going forward and winning it back....

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:28 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No it isn't, are fully right footed players berated for not using their left ?

He's a left footed winger that plays on the right touchline .... Is he suppose to start training his right foot ? At 23 years of age, a multi trophy winning full international has to throw out everything he's nurtured to success because ally mcoist and some sexton red from Bury is fuming he hasn't gone on the outside....

It's so £#%&!ing stupid....

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:30 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Are you serious ?.

Probably 90% of right footed players across every step of the pyramid from U5's upwards, from barrow in Furness to Barcelona....

Is this some strange wum ?

Do you watch any other level of football ?

He was the reason we started well last night, the intent to win, the desire we have been missing down there both in going forward and winning it back....
Most players I have seen are good on their right, weaker on their left, but very few who refuse to use it. Certainly at professional level. But you're the big coach, as you remind us £#%&!ing constantly, so I guess you know much better than everyone else.

I get it. You have a strange obsession with Antony and he finally put in a good shift last night. But let's wait until he does that every week eh? I've said already I thought he played well, but let's not give the Ballon D'or quite yet.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:38 AM
jem

shaw is very left-footed, but he had a thunderous shot with his right (should have been a pen for the handball). antony can't do that with his gammy leg.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Most players I have seen are good on their right, weaker on their left, but very few who refuse to use it. Certainly at professional level. But you're the big coach, as you remind us £#%&!ing constantly, so I guess you know much better than everyone else.

I get it. You have a strange obsession with Antony and he finally put in a good shift last night. But let's wait until he does that every week eh? I've said already I thought he played well, but let's not give the Ballon D'or quite yet.
He scored and assisted with his right last season.....

You seem very rattled, so I'll let you enjoy your day....

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:55 AM
shenwen

Quote:
He scored and assisted with his right last season.....

You seem very rattled, so I'll let you enjoy your day....
Been rattled since some £#%&!ing protesters ruined my afternoon peace

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:59 AM
jem

Quote:

I'd say garnacho is two footed, which Id quite rare in a footballer.....

Hth.
greenwood?

and he's aware of players around him, too.

(and... yes, I know. but we'd be top of the league.)

Unread 08-12-2023, 02:40 PM
Sheik JaBooty

It's not about being two-footed, or even how much you favour one over the other, it's that you simply cannot have a wide right forward who has no option to go outside. It £#%&!s the flow of the whole team, slows things down, creates terrible angles for your centre forward and players arriving late into the box and is way too easy to defend against.

I'd expect people who've "kicked a ball" to know this.

Unread 08-12-2023, 02:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
It's not about being two-footed, or even how much you favour one over the other, it's that you simply cannot have a wide right forward who has no option to go outside. It £#%&!s the flow of the whole team, slows things down, creates terrible angles for your centre forward and players arriving late into the box and is way too easy to defend against.

I'd expect people who've "kicked a ball" to know this.
Anyone who’s actually watched us would know Antony does go outside sometimes.

It’s clear the lads that don’t know ball on here, Jesus.

Unread 08-12-2023, 02:47 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Anyone who’s actually watched us would know Antony does go outside sometimes.

It’s clear the lads that don’t know ball on here, Jesus.

Yeah, ok...

Unread 08-12-2023, 02:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty

Yeah, ok...
You’re basically admitting to not watching us. I can’t say I blame you, but probably best to drop the pretence that you understand what you’re talking about. Just a suggestion, mate. Wouldn’t want you embarrassing yourself in front of the lads on here.

Unread 08-12-2023, 03:31 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You’re basically admitting to not watching us. I can’t say I blame you, but probably best to drop the pretence that you understand what you’re talking about. Just a suggestion, mate. Wouldn’t want you embarrassing yourself in front of the lads on here.
God forbid...

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:39 PM
believe

Another day of absolutely nothing.

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:40 PM
NedKelly

Bright spark today. Shame he got hauled off to make way for Martin Luther Rashford.

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:41 PM
Sparky***

That thing he does where he rolls his foot over the ball instead of just kicking it forwards and getting up the line does my head in

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:42 PM
larry

he has the twinkliest of toes
never seen skills like it

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:42 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That thing he does where he rolls his foot over the ball instead of just kicking it forwards and getting up the line does my head in
I think he's got a mental disorder.

82m. Well done Erik...who do you want next?

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

He’s utter £#%&!. ETH’s worst signing alongside Mount.

Unread 09-12-2023, 06:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Bright as usual, played some lovely balls and took his man on well today.....

Ul