United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
Forest
Set up a goal about a minute after coming on, again..

There's been so many games in such a short space of time they all blend together

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:07 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still not forgiven for Sunday by any stretch, but a decent performance.

We miss far too many chances/opportunities.
Christ I hope we get the right forward this summer. Everytime we improve on a position another one goes to shit.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:08 PM
Sparky***

Let's be honest, put a harry kane up front for us there and it's 7-1. He'd have probably bagged a hat trick.

There's so many 'nearly' moments when we go forward and far too often the critical pass is just behind or over hit... imagine when we get another couple of top players in

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:11 PM
Jethro

Erik demanding seven goals

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Let's be honest, put a harry kane up front for us there and it's 7-1. He'd have probably bagged a hat trick.

There's so many 'nearly' moments when we go forward and far too often the critical pass is just behind or over hit... imagine when we get another couple of top players in
And we will.

Whether it’s Kane, Osimhen; we’re getting a new striker. We’re getting there. We needed a whole new team in the summer. Now, we’re just looking at 2-3 areas.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Well, that could have been a lot worse and I suspect most of us were expecting that it would be.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, that could have been a lot worse and I suspect most of us were expecting that it would be.
Not really

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Look at his face! Just look at his face!

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
From what I’ve seen most of us were pretty confident Erik would have us respond well.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
From what I’ve seen most of us were pretty confident Erik would have us respond well.
Hmmm, possibly.

Even under Freggle, it took us a few games to properly recover from the 1-6.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:20 PM
dunk

Another 6 games to play to win this £#%&!ing competition The size of it is £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:21 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And we will.

Whether it’s Kane, Osimhen; we’re getting a new striker. We’re getting there. We needed a whole new team in the summer. Now, we’re just looking at 2-3 areas.
This.

We get Kane or Osimhen and we're levels above this. The ball sticks up front and teams have to worry about every aspect of our shape. At the minute, we're muddling through with Weggers and the ball comes back a lot more than it should. Cant wait for a genuine centre forward again.

Sparky***

Shout out to Martinez as well who was the coolest man on the pitch tonight, really exuded authority and played some unbelievable passes

The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We could have scored 8 or 9 tonight

We are back on track, we have loads to look forward to
The rebuild is back on track, about 30% complete I’d say, picking up trophy’s along the way. Be a few more shit shows along the way too.
Quote:
Still not forgiven for Sunday by any stretch, but a decent performance.

We miss far too many chances/opportunities.
They shouldn’t forgive themselves never mind us. They should ask to watch the highlight before every game

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:23 PM
dunk

It was far more severe, nqat, but Sunday was a bit like City getting beaten 4-0 at Everton in Guardiola's first season. A reminder that it is early days and soft underbelly is still there, for now.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Shout out to Martinez as well who was the coolest man on the pitch tonight, really exuded authority and played some unbelievable passes
He's an all round footballer. Superb.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
It was far more severe, nqat, but Sunday was a bit like City getting beaten 4-0 at Everton in Guardiola's first season. A reminder that it is early days and soft underbelly is still there, for now.
Arsenal let in eight against us once, and we loved it. But they got over it, eventually.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:26 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Hmmm, possibly.

Even under Freggle, it took us a few games to properly recover from the 1-6.
responded with a decent unbeaten run from memory and a clean sheet immediately after?

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
responded with a decent unbeaten run from memory and a clean sheet immediately after?
A couple of *very* dug out 1-0 wins, wasn't it? Some on here certainly weren't happy bunnies afterwards, put it that way.

Unread 09-03-2023, 11:42 PM
emalcant

Good evening, I am a Betis fan and for work reasons I will not be able to attend the second match in Seville. If anyone is interested in purchasing my ticket, you can contact me. It is located in the main stand, quite centered and in the second ring. Thank you