United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2018, 01:56 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I loved him as a player and still don't know where the anti-united stuff came from exactly.
he managed city, so he gets cut no slack.

there's a few people whining about him being a miserable dick who don't mind mourinho, though.

Unread 07-01-2018, 02:07 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

there's a few people whining about him being a miserable dick who don't mind mourinho, though.
Trebled his salary from 18k a week at Blackburn - must have been tempting having been on a lot less as a player.

Unread 07-01-2018, 02:37 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

no, i can understand us turning against him but he seemed to turn against us first. and then become vehement!

Unread 07-01-2018, 03:45 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Seems to have a real dislike for Utd these days. Went off him completely after the 3-2 win with Owens 97th minute winner

At the 90 minute mark when the 4th official put the board up with 4 or 5 mins to be added he had a proper hissyfit as City were behind & he felt there should have been more time added.. @#%&! want to happy when he got his way & an extra couple [ rightly] were added Be careful what you wish for Sparky

He loved his big thighs when he played, don't recall anybody pulling their shorts higher .
4-3

Unread 07-01-2018, 04:07 AM
Kangared

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
4-3
So it was

Unread 07-01-2018, 07:45 AM
Missjac

I knew it was coming. Poor old Mark

Unread 07-01-2018, 11:14 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
4-3
3-3

Unread 07-01-2018, 11:54 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
no, i can understand us turning against him but he seemed to turn against us first. and then become vehement!
yes, but what I meant was that every negative thing he said was taken to heart. did he really whine more than bruce about "not getting those decisions"? does he sound more miserable than robbo? does he go out of his way to criticise united like scholesy? does he call everything against united like neville g? some people won't forgive schmeichel even though he talks about "us".

the answer to those questions might be "yes", of course. but he's still not as much of a dick as mourinho and at least he's done something for united.

Unread 07-01-2018, 12:00 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

but he's still not as much of a dick as mourinho and at least he's done something for united.

Fair comment

Unread 07-01-2018, 02:11 PM
shenwen

Garbage manger
Some of the players he has - Crouch, Adam, Diouf, Berahino, Stephen £#%&!ing Ireland. The premiere league’s bargain bin. Who in their right mind would keep handing out contracts to this lot?

Just noticed Coventry are managed by Mark Robins. Top red.

Unread 07-01-2018, 07:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but what I meant was that every negative thing he said was taken to heart. did he really whine more than bruce about "not getting those decisions"? does he sound more miserable than robbo? does he go out of his way to criticise united like scholesy? does he call everything against united like neville g? some people won't forgive schmeichel even though he talks about "us"
None of those people would have a face like a wet weekend if we had just won the Champions League. I understand he grew up supporting Chelsea, but it was still genuine :cringe:

Unread 07-01-2018, 09:45 PM
Nelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And he did that because he thought that his equaliser had torpedoed our chances of winning the title. By any standards, that has to take some living down.
Indeed, RiC.

Bit off topic I confess, but it's easy to forget what a knife-edge we were on in that 99 title run-in.

We drew four of our last five away games, four of those games coming between April 25th and May 12th. We played Leeds away on April 25th and drew 1-1, then between May 5th and May 12th we played Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Blackburn, all away. The only win in that sequence was at Boro.

I remember the game against Brian Kidd's Blackburn being more nervy to watch than the Liverpool game tbh. A loss there would have really f***ed us up. The 0-0 draw there sent Blackburn down and Kidd got sacked iirc.

Still, it all turned out well in the end, despite Ince & Kidd's best efforts

Unread 07-01-2018, 09:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson
Indeed, RiC.

Bit off topic I confess, but it's easy to forget what a knife-edge we were on in that 99 title run-in.

We drew four of our last five away games, four of those games coming between April 25th and May 12th. We played Leeds away on April 25th and drew 1-1, then between May 5th and May 12th we played Liverpool, Middlesbrough and Blackburn, all away. The only win in that sequence was at Boro.

I remember the game against Brian Kidd's Blackburn being more nervy to watch than the Liverpool game tbh. A loss there would have really £#%&!ed us up. The 0-0 draw there sent Blackburn down and Kidd got sacked iirc.

Still, it all turned out well in the end, despite Ince & Kidd's best efforts
Back when we used to have actual title races in this country. Remember those?

Unread 07-01-2018, 09:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We walked it for the next couple of years after that tbf.

Unread 07-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Nelson

Quote:
To be fair though Sparky, I never used to complain when we were smashing the league for three years on the trot

You're right though, City's dominance has ripped the soul out of the PL this season. Just can't get excited about watching United in a race for second with nearly half the season still to go.

What else is there to look forward to in the British winter, if not a good title battle?

I'd say the CL and FA Cup, but fear City have got those sown up as well

Unread 07-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We walked it for the next couple of years after that tbf.
1999/2000 we obliterated it nqat. Still didn't win 18 games in a row though, which is just farcical tbh

Unread 07-01-2018, 10:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
1999/2000 we obliterated it nqat. Still didn't win 18 games in a row though, which is just farcical tbh
There’s no mid table any more really. I suppose the decline of Southampton, West Ham, Leicester and Everton partly responsible. Outside the top six feels a homogenised mess of shite. Basically 14 teams that you feel you’ve failed if you don’t beat now, home or away.

Unread 07-01-2018, 10:31 PM
jem

city walking it is not just about city doing well. we've dropped far too many points against shit teams in or near the relegation zone. if the top of the league isn't competitive, blame us, arsenal, spurs and liverpool. all £#%&!ing up way too much.

Unread 07-01-2018, 10:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
city walking it is not just about city doing well. we've dropped far too many points against shit teams in or near the relegation zone. if the top of the league isn't competitive, blame us, arsenal, spurs and liverpool. all £#%&!ing up way too much.
Definitely. You can’t blame the other sides for city being 15 points better than us in January.

Nobody saw that coming in the summer.

Unread 07-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Am I the only person on here who feels somewhat dirty when they find themselves agreeing with Jem?
Closed Thread