United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2014, 10:53 PM
wonky no

Default Central midfield

For me blind and carrick would produce more goals from midfield than any other combination. A central attacking threat is a must imo.

Carrick and Herrera would stop the threat at the back.

So who's in v citeh?

Unread 29-10-2014, 10:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Herrera has scored two already yes?

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Tiberian

Blind has scored 4 goals in his club career.

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
For me blind and carrick would produce more goals from midfield than any other combination. A central attacking threat is a must imo.

So who's in v citeh?
Carrick and Blind haven't played a second together. Herrera is more a goal threat that both of them will ever be.

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Blind has scored 4 goals in his club career.
Both him and Carrick are probably the least prolific of all our midfielders

Wonky

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:05 PM
FraUtd

Herrera's the only one that regularly looks to break into the box from midfield, he's more Scholes than Keane, def wouldn't want him wasted in front of the back 4

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Shooter McGavin

Quote:

So who's in v citeh?
All 3 for me but Fellaini will be in over Carrick

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Carrick and blind
With herrera ahead
Rooney.......di maz
......Falcouch

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:18 PM
wonky no

Blind can score goals. The fact that he's quite deep in most of his games means he's not sniffing. I called him scoring the other week before it happened and that was based on him getting further forward. Carrick will naturally fall back, hopefully pulling strings which would allow blind to push up.

Herrera has scored 2, blind has scored 1. Yes? Seeing as one is always on the front foot and the other was his defensive minded partner, you would expect more than 1 goal separating their tallies.

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:47 PM
sa7

I thought Valencia did ok in there against Everton on the right of the diamond. Good strength and energy plus he drove at them through the centre a few times causing a bit of chaos. He's a better stand-in midfielder than stand-in winger.

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:53 PM
utd99

I'd stay unchanged. Think the eleven who started against Chelsea did a good enough job vs the current best team in the country to warrant a little faith.

Unread 29-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Crumps

It depends.

Herrera in for Mata would be my shout.

Unread 30-10-2014, 12:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
It depends.

Herrera in for Mata would be my shout.
Clearly wasn't fit against West Brom. Not sure I've ever heard on a broken rib healing in two weeks.

Unread 30-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Clearly wasn't fit against West Brom. Not sure I've ever heard on a broken rib healing in two weeks.
He didn't break it against West Brom though did he?

Unread 30-10-2014, 12:28 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
He didn't break it against West Brom though did he?
I think he meant he wasn't fit for that game only two weeks after doing it.

Unread 30-10-2014, 12:34 AM
wonky no

I'm willing to throw a significant amount of vcash at blind out scoreing Herrera.

Unread 30-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I'm willing to throw a significant amount of vcash at blind out scoreing Herrera.
hmmm I cant see that myself. (no Blind joke please)

Unread 30-10-2014, 02:23 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think he meant he wasn't fit for that game only two weeks after doing it.
I know that's what he meant......and we are another two weeks away from that by City.

He was on the bench on Sunday which pointed to him being somewhere near fit. If that is the case and there are no issues in the week I'd play him so we have 3 central players in there which is where we have really come unstuck against these blue @#%&!s. I really want to £#%&!ing beat these properly. No question marks, no ifs and buts a proper £#%&!ing kicking. Fellaini to break someone's cheekbone when we are 4 up and in Louis time..

Unread 30-10-2014, 02:27 AM
Crumps

Has Wonks got Herrera and Blind mixed up?

Unread 30-10-2014, 02:54 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Herrera has scored 2, blind has scored 1. Yes? Seeing as one is always on the front foot and the other was his defensive minded partner, you would expect more than 1 goal separating their tallies.
Herrera's only played 5 games. Chances are that gap will widen.
Closed Thread