United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:26 PM
wonky no

Default Mata

Before persie IMO

We look far better with him in the side. It's Always going divide opinion but
I see mata Rooney and falcao scoring and creating more and persie coming off the bench.
We missed him today, despite the goals we scored. Mata, off the ball, gives us a lot of balance.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Before persie IMO

We look far better with him in the side. It's Always going divide opinion but
I see mata Rooney and falcao scoring and creating more and persie coming off the bench.
We missed him today, despite the goals we scored. Mata, off the ball, gives us a lot of balance.
Van persie is shite at the moment should be nowhere near the team

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Van persie is shite at the moment should be nowhere near the team
That goal at the WC aside, he's been awful for some time.

I'd hoped he'd pick up with LvG in charge and that he was just poor last season because of Moyes.

He looks lethargic and lacking in ideas.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:33 PM
ScarFace

lvg has said today he doesnt like rooney as a striker.

that has £#%&!ed mata for the rest of the season until he is sold.

the fact we brought on jaz as a striker is shocking.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Barracuda

If we're sticking with a 10 and two strikers then I'd have to agree, at present Mata, Rooney and Falcao is the best we can send out. RVP doesn't look with it at all for whatever reason?

Not a bad problem for LVG to have I suppose, I only wish he had the same problem fitting in Hummels, Benatia, Godin and co.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:43 PM
wonky no

Not really having a pop at rvp. He's not at his best but even if he was near it he'd still have to be the dropping to the bench. With rvp plying his game in the area and being our furthest forward striker and Rooney playing deeper it meant that Rooney was covering in midfield when we didn't have the ball, that then drew falcao out to a more number 10 position. Both blind and anders were trying to screen our centre halves.

We were far too stretched at times. Mata has far better positional sense than Rooney and falcao, going backwards. With Rooney being captain, falcao
On an exceptional loan deal and rvp being prone to injury, you'd have to say that mata would be first choice. It's a given when you factor in his goal threat.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:53 PM
jem

van persie is stinking up the place, but if you think mata wouldn't have looked a @#%&! for the whole game instead of just the few minutes he was on, you are insane. too £#%&!ing slow and leicester even managed to steal the ball off him and score after closing down all £#%&!ing game.

neither of them should have started today.

Unread 21-09-2014, 05:54 PM
jem

and rooney should play up front or wide, as always. he is not a £#%&!ing midfielder.

Unread 21-09-2014, 06:02 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
van persie is stinking up the place, but if you think mata wouldn't have looked a @#%&! for the whole game instead of just the few minutes he was on, you are insane. too £#%&!ing slow and leicester even managed to steal the ball off him and score after closing down all £#%&!ing game.

Mata has never looked a @#%&! in any game he's started.

Unread 21-09-2014, 06:09 PM
magic_cantona

I love RvP but the abuse the likes of Rooney and Mata get is ridiculous when you consider that Van Persie has been worse.

I'd seriously drop him for Falcao and put Mata back in. RvP is either not fit or he's lost any kind of form.

Unread 21-09-2014, 06:13 PM
kid napper

Sort the defence out and no one will care about stuff like this as LVG wlll be rotating.

Unread 21-09-2014, 06:19 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Mata´s confidence is rock bottom
I wonder why?

Unread 21-09-2014, 06:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Burnleh?

Unread 21-09-2014, 07:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Burnleh?
Not really, half the team was worse that day (being generous)

Unread 21-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Would have stuck with the lineup that beat qpr last week with mata playing where rooney did today with falcao coming off the bench .
Dont like rooney playing in the no 10 role as he is far more effective as an out and out striker as for rvp dont know what the £#%&! is wrong with him atm clearly off the pace and looks like he needs a break already .
Would love lvg to start with rooney and falcao next week with mata supplying the amunition.

Unread 21-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
Would love lvg to start with rooney and falcao next week with mata supplying the amunition.
Me too, but pound to a penny he won't

Unread 21-09-2014, 07:51 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigb*****
Me too, but pound to a penny he won't
Agree with that and its probably going to take and injury to force lvg's hand to get what the side needs.

Unread 21-09-2014, 09:10 PM
jem

Quote:
he is a great player, but he has dawdled for us since he arrived.

I'd rather have him at 10 that rooney, but with our current selection headache up front, I would sacrifice him even if we play with one up front because we need a second defensive midfield and herrera has played better than mata or rooney as the attacking central midfielder.

Unread 21-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Alan

Playing 3 strikers doesn't help the balance of the side. Either play Mata or sell him. He's a luxury player IMO. Not the kind of player you would look to when you're up against it.

Games like today are when Vidal would be a much better option. Crunching their thugs and then getting up the pitch to support the front players.

Unread 21-09-2014, 09:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Playing 3 strikers doesn't help the balance of the side. Either play Mata or sell him. He's a luxury player IMO. Not the kind of player you would look to when you're up against it.

Games like today are when Vidal would be a much better option. Crunching their thugs and then getting up the pitch to support the front players.
Not sure if your aware but his knees are £#%&!ed, hence why he didn't end up at United.
Closed Thread