United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2014, 04:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

A reminder of what a great well respected club Real Madrid use to be.

Unread 07-07-2014, 04:55 PM
puressence

wanted to come to utd on loan after munich ..rip topred xxxxx

Unread 07-07-2014, 04:56 PM
The Watcher

Unread 07-07-2014, 04:59 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

It's certain that Argentina and Brazil will meet in the final now with both nations overcoming the tragic losses of two former players this week.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
It's certain that Argentina and Brazil will meet in the final now with both nations overcoming the tragic losses of two former players this week.

Who did Brazil lose?

Djalma Santos went last year. Eusebio in January. Bad 12 months for absolute top boys

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Jethro

What a player. Nonsense scoring record. RIP

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
You old bastard.
Just based on what I've heard and read tbh, and the limited amount of footage of him that's available.

I just think his achievements were incredible. To move to Europe at a relatively senior age, and dominate the game in such a way, marauding his way through the European Cup, and being the stand-out player in arguably the greatest club side ever. Incredible.

he was supposedly world-class in about three different positions, and in addition to his ability, the general leadership he showed was a reason for Madrid's dominance. Yes, Maradona did it at the World Cup and Napoli, but Di Stéfano did it year after year after year for Real Madrid. 307 goals in 396 games for Madrid, as the crucial cog of their best ever team, and when you look at the players in that team it emphasizes even more how good he was.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:07 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Just based on what I've heard and read tbh, and the limited amount of footage of him that's available.

I just think his achievements were incredible. To move to Europe at a relatively senior age, and dominate the game in such a way, marauding his way through the European Cup, and being the stand-out player in arguably the greatest club side ever. Incredible.

he was supposedly world-class in about three different positions, and in addition to his ability, the general leadership he showed was a reason for Madrid's dominance. Yes, Maradona did it at the World Cup and Napoli, but Di Stéfano did it year after year after year for Real Madrid. 307 goals in 396 games for Madrid, as the crucial cog of their best ever team, and when you look at the players in that team it emphasizes even more how good he was.
tbh that records up with rooneys

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Who did Brazil lose?

Djalma Santos went last year. Eusebio in January. Bad 12 months for absolute top boys
Going by the reaction of the press, Neymar.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Going by the reaction of the press, Neymar.
Gotcha

Actually doing a search after you said that, ex player Brazil international Fernandao died in a helicopter crash last month aged 36

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:18 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Haven't bothered watching footage of him as it's relatively pointless to compare it to who's out there today but I agree, his achievements are up their with the best. He was probably the first ever galactico and the start of the Madrid trend of bringing in a big money buy from another league but I think all of them European cups are what separate him from Best and Charlton in some ways.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

A true legend.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:38 PM
waynes ear's

Got to see La Décima

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:41 PM
andyroo

RIP. My father-in-law's favourite player ever, whenever they start talking about Messi or Ronaldo he always says "what about Di Stefano?"

Shame he never played in a world cup, but hell with his record he can have no regrets.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Grimson

River's best-ever player. RIP.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:49 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Got to see La Décima

Not sure how arsed he would have been tbh, considering he won 5.

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Not sure how arsed he would have been tbh, considering he won 5.
Heard it was his dying comment tbh

Seen it, popped it

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:52 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Heard it was his dying wish
...happy for him then. i think

Unread 07-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Busby and murphy both thought he was the best player they'd ever seen. Good enough for me.

Unread 07-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
As Maradona said, Di Stefano did what Pele didn't, traveled within South America and Europe and replicated his quality everywhere.

Possibly the best ever. If only he'd played in a World Cup.
Unlike Maradona, Pele and Di Stefano weren't cheating coke addled dwarfs.
Closed Thread