Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Speaking of Giggs, Moyes blamed not signing Thiago on him
How come?

Unread 04-10-2018, 11:40 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman
We've scored some absolute wonder goals under Mourinho. Lingard V Everton last year Rashfords strike against the dippers Matic v Palace Valencia V Everton. We've scored some right screamers and no mistake.
Back to main point
Liverpool were £#%&!in dreadful! Not as dire as we are now, granted, but it was still a shit show watching them. They did counter well on occasion but all in all the midfield was a shambles, the defence was worse and the attacks disjointed.
The only thing they did well was press or "gen gen" as kilpperty likes to call it.
The scousers were right on Klopps arse this time last season. The difference? Media coverage, the scouse @#%&!s just aren't that big of a story when they're shite.
The reality, we beat Newcastle (big ask I know ) that leaves us on 13 points, if City win that leaves us 6 points behind the dippers after 8 games.
Honestly I can remember there being questions raised about Klopp at that point. People started referring to his dismal end at Dortmund and wondering if he'd just lost the plot a bit. But moving on, I never said we haven't scored good goals, but they've generally been moments of individual quality. Liverpool and city are both winning lots of games because they play far, far better as a team than we do.

Also, Klopp probably earned a bit of patience by blatantly developing them as a team since he'd taken over, which mourinho seemed to have done with us briefly but now we look even worse than we did in lvgs final year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
How come?
He £#%&!ed thiagos Mrs.

Unread 04-10-2018, 11:43 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
But when David Moyes spoke to his coaches about the deal, Giggs disapproved, reportedly claiming that Alcantara was "not a Manchester United player".

According to journalist Ian McGarry, Moyes asked for an explanation and was told: "Playing for this club is more than being a footballer. It's about your attitude, it's about your mindset, it's about everything that you want. Everything in your body, every cell, has to want to live play and win for Manchester United. I don't think he's a Manchester United player."

And, according to McGarry, the club "immediately called off the transfer".
Cringey to read and hard to believe Giggs said that verbatim.

Also hard to see how any of what he said applied to Moyes' signings afterwards, or most of Fergie's later signings

Unread 05-10-2018, 12:14 AM
gasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Honestly I can remember there being questions raised about Klopp at that point. People started referring to his dismal end at Dortmund and wondering if he'd just lost the plot a bit. But moving on, I never said we haven't scored good goals, but they've generally been moments of individual quality. Liverpool and city are both winning lots of games because they play far, far better as a team than we do.

Also, Klopp probably earned a bit of patience by blatantly developing them as a team since he'd taken over, which mourinho seemed to have done with us briefly but now we look even worse than we did in lvgs final year.

He £#%&!ed thiagos Mrs.
Fair enough, just re-read and you specified team goals. Not really applicable to us but again, it's not applicable to the dippers either. Moments of genius from Mo Salad have been the difference between early season 2017 dipper and late 2017-18 season dippers.
Just to add, I'm not pro Jose, I'm amazed he's still here, but he is. So I'm glass half full and just mentally contesting how bad the situation actually is. The media are spinning a great line for everyone to swallow and the players and manager have £#%&!ing fallen for it.
Reality is, we're miles better than what we've seen since the arse end of last season.
Mourinho's sulking because we didn't buy him Harry £#%&!ing Maguire to the point he's had to leave on the bench one of the CB's he bought! And play a 21 year old midfielder instead.
He's also having public spats with several players and calling them out etc etc.
Much as i don't really think this is the best way to deal with the situation, I can't help thinking, well why not? You're acting like a spoilt @#%&! so let the public decide.
Totally endemic of the society we currently have to put up with, spoilt @#%&!s wandering about the world shouting the odds and becoming offended once challenged.
£#%&! Pogba.
£#%&! Mourinho, you're both under contract to do your jobs for Manchester United.
Get on with it.

Unread 05-10-2018, 06:36 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Cringey to read and hard to believe Giggs said that verbatim.

Also hard to see how any of what he said applied to Moyes' signings afterwards, or most of Fergie's later signings
If only Giggs had mentioned the ability to play football also being a useful characteristic Moyes might not have gone out and signed Fellaini immediately afterwards.

Unread 05-10-2018, 11:18 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman
Fair enough, just re-read and you specified team goals. Not really applicable to us but again, it's not applicable to the dippers either. Moments of genius from Mo Salad have been the difference between early season 2017 dipper and late 2017-18 season dippers.
Just to add, I'm not pro Jose, I'm amazed he's still here, but he is. So I'm glass half full and just mentally contesting how bad the situation actually is. The media are spinning a great line for everyone to swallow and the players and manager have £#%&!ing fallen for it.
Reality is, we're miles better than what we've seen since the arse end of last season.
Mourinho's sulking because we didn't buy him Harry £#%&!ing Maguire to the point he's had to leave on the bench one of the CB's he bought! And play a 21 year old midfielder instead.
He's also having public spats with several players and calling them out etc etc.
Much as i don't really think this is the best way to deal with the situation, I can't help thinking, well why not? You're acting like a spoilt @#%&! so let the public decide.
Totally endemic of the society we currently have to put up with, spoilt @#%&!s wandering about the world shouting the odds and becoming offended once challenged.
£#%&! Pogba.
£#%&! Mourinho, you're both under contract to do your jobs for Manchester United.
Get on with it.
Not having that, salah has been a great signing for them but that front 3 of Firmino, mane and salah have been fantastic together. Also, Jordan Henderson is a shite midfielder yet they reached that champions league final. You don't do that without working together. Have read people on here say several times that they could stomach the losses if the football was positive and entertaining. That's why Klopp kept the job, because his ethos was clear to the fans and because the board at Liverpool backed him in the transfer market 100%. Liverpool have clearly undergone several structural changes in recent years, from the top down it would appear; we could do a lot worse than to follow their example, because we are in danger of becoming the Liverpool from 10 years ago (living on past glories).

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:40 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Mirror saying. He’s done.

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He might be if we lose tomorrow.... but we won't.

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
They're saying he's gone whatever the result tomorrow. Board had enough etc.

Quote:
Mirror reliable re United pal?

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:55 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Like I said earlier in week, could win 5-0 next two games and he’s done.

Mirror saying regardless of result. He’s done.

Unread 05-10-2018, 09:56 PM
AK14

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Sandman

Nice to see United handling this with the same class they showed van Gaal.

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:10 PM
puressence

Oh well 😔

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Nice to see United handling this with the same class they showed van Gaal.
One of the few things Mourinho has done brilliantly is the way he managed Rooney’s exit. Despite the fact the club were desperate to have him off the wage bill and he was a shadow of his former self, Mourinho allowed him to leave as a record breaker, with a European trophy in his hands and with mutual goodwill.

The little shithouse Woodward is more the “dump her by text then turn your phone off” type of @#%&!. This would be the second time he’s let a manager lead out a team while everybody already knew they were a dead man walking. Whether you like Mourinho or not, there’s nothing edifying about seeing a beaten man being kicked on the ground.

Despise Woodward to be honest. He’s the absolute antithesis of everything I always (probably naively) thought we should be about. A boastful, avaricious little coward.

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:18 PM
andyroo

Hard to believe it's not Scholes

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Lok

And the cycle starts again.

Zidane it is then.

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Now what?

Carrick?

Big Sam to get us to 40 points and £#%&! straight off

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:22 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Neville going off on one now.

The same van Gaal that offered to walk in December and United told him to continue until the summer.

Unread 05-10-2018, 10:24 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Like I said earlier in week, could win 5-0 next two games and he’s done.

Mirror saying regardless of result. He’s done.
Why wait?

Nah, not having it. We'll win tomorrow and he'll be here til Christmasat least.
Closed Thread