United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Baron

It's %@#$&!s. He's a cultured John O'Shea & a perfect utility player, not a world class centre back.

The club needs to identify an achievable target & go £#%&!ing get him. Any obsession with left footed left centre backs is also %@#$&!s as proven by every team that's ever won a £#%&!load of trophies over the last however many seasons you ever care to think of. Including our own perfect centre back combination of Rio & Vidic.

Unread 30-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Ethers

I really like Blind, but he doesn't have any of the physical attributes necessary for becoming a top quality centre back.

He isn't tall enough, he isn't strong enough and he isn't fast enough.

You can have all the intelligence in the world but it can't make up for certain deficiencies, otherwise Stephen Hawking would have a hundred caps for England.

Unread 30-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I really like Blind, but he doesn't have any of the physical attributes necessary for becoming a top quality centre back.

You can have all the intelligence in the world but it can't make up for certain deficiencies, otherwise Stephen Hawking would have a hundred caps for England.

Unread 30-07-2015, 12:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
It's %@#$&!s. He's a cultured John O'Shea & a perfect utility player, not a world class centre back.

The club needs to identify an achievable target & go £#%&!ing get him. Any obsession with left footed left centre backs is also %@#$&!s as proven by every team that's ever won a £#%&!load of trophies over the last however many seasons you ever care to think of. Including our own perfect centre back combination of Rio & Vidic.
No one said he was a world class cb. Unfortunately, it appears we can't buy a world class cb, and we certainly don't have any among our current crop. Come to think of it, we probably don't even have any United class cb's either. So what do you do, settle or try something different? I think he has it in him, and even you can't deny the night and day distribution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Tbh I 'd rather try something different than stick with our current mongs if that's the only alternative. How many of those Jones type performances do we need to see? Sure, they will all have great games, maybe even great runs, but no one who watches this team can have doubts that this type of shit@#%&!ery is always lurking just beneath the surface, all the time.
Closed Thread