Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Neo

Default Happy Birthday Big Dunc

Would have turned 78 today.

RIP.

Quote:
"He was more than a great player - sometimes he seemed like some bright light in the sky. He was a giant, and even today his loss is the hardest thing to bear."
- Sir Bobby Charlton

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:32 PM
forwardirektion

Happy birthday fella

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Happy birthday fella

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Happy birthday fella

Was waiting for the first unfunny #@&%! to post that.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
ashtonred

Rip

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Was waiting for the first unfunny #@&%! to post that.
Better than being a mawkish rawkish try hard isn't it.

Full stop in memory there pal RIP KTRFFHCMUWND

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
"He was more than a great player - sometimes he seemed like some bright light in the sky. He was a giant, and even today his loss is the hardest thing to bear. Yes, let's employ David Moyes as the new manager."
- Sir Bobby Charlton

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Neo

Quote:
Better than being a mawkish rawkish try hard isn't it.

Full stop in memory there pal RIP KTRFFHCMUWND
Was also waiting for the first 'RAWK' comment. Congratulations on being a big enough #@&%! to be first on both accounts.

Making a thread about one of United's greatest ever players on a United forum? How £#%&!ing dare I.

Maybe I should make one about a fat, trampy mess who looks like a half-shaven bear with a cholesterol problem.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Was also waiting for the first 'RAWK' comment. Congratulations on being a big enough #@&%! to be first on both accounts.

Making a thread about one of United's greatest ever players on a United forum? How £#%&!ing dare I.

Maybe I should make one about a fat, trampy mess who looks like a half-shaven bear with a cholesterol problem.
Pure makes enough of his own threads mate.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:53 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
This is a beef between me and you. Leave Anderson out of this.

Weird @#%&!

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Make a thread by all means, but wishing happy birthday to a dead guy is a bit cringe really.

Unread 01-10-2014, 03:56 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Happy birthday fella

#@&%!.

Unread 01-10-2014, 04:00 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Even if he was alive - lapping a completely random date 78 times is nothing to get too giddy about.

Unread 01-10-2014, 04:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Even if he was alive - lapping a completely random date 78 times is nothing to get too giddy about.
Are you this much fun at parties, pal?

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Not sure Arf quite covers it...

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Yes. Are you?

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Neo

Nice to see all the Top Reds trying to out Top Red one another by showing how Top Red it is for Top Reds to be reluctant to praise any past Reds in the fear that you are somehow mirroring Scouse sentiment.

There's a weird obsession/fear on this forum of coming across as any way 'RAWK-ish', as if making a thread about one of United's greatest ever players is the same as a running commentary on the stage of pregnancy of one of our striker's wives.

I'll stick to paying my respect to Big Duncan on his birthday. One of the all-time greats, NQAT.

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Charlestown Rouge

We pay our respect to Duncan Edwards every February and have done without fail since 1958 - and United fans will continue to do so. Acknowledging the 78th birthday of a dead person is odd unless perhaps they are a close relative who you actually knew and even then it's the day they carked that usually counts.

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
We pay our respect to Duncan Edwards every February and have done without fail since 1958 - and United fans will continue to do so. Acknowledging the 78th birthday of a dead person is odd unless perhaps they are a close relative who you actually knew and even then it's the day they carked that usually counts.
What the £#%&! am I supposed to do with this cake now then, pol?

Unread 01-10-2014, 05:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
riccers with the snides. Scenes.
Closed Thread