United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-09-2014, 11:30 PM
wonky no

Default The carrick conundrum

So with blind and herrerers and 3 up top, where or why does he play?

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:03 AM
MagnificentSeven

shit, forgot about him

i guess he could slot in as cb given that we don't have a great deal of choice with evans and jones being injured and blackett being banned. a back four of rafael, smalling, carrick and shaw would be pretty lightweight, but i'm quite stumped otherwise.

in all honesty i'm looking forward to him returning. we need a calm and experienced head in this squad.

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:13 AM
jem

carrick would walk into the team if we weren't playing a stupid, unbalanced formation.

Unread 22-09-2014, 12:56 AM
Cream

In the bin.

Unread 22-09-2014, 01:28 AM
dinger

All this talk of Carrick playing centre back is mental, put him alongside blind and Herrera and have di Maria, falcao & Rooney in front of him and he's laughing. After 5 years of this classy bastard getting flogged he's finally got a quality attack in front of him and he'll have players beside him that can compensate for his lack of pace.

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:12 AM
Switching Off

Considering the state of defence he may put Blind in there so Carrick will take his spot.

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:13 AM
dunk

In the midfield, as quickly as possible. Christ we're missing him

Unread 22-09-2014, 08:34 AM
S/Side.Red

I don't think Blind is an automatic pick and I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if that changes, tbh.

For me, Carrick should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Unread 22-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Whalefish

If Carrick ends up at CB it'll be a £#%&!ing disaster. Much like the other 'proper' CBs he can't header a ball and is a bit of a fanny. Back in midfield please alongside Herrera and one other.

Unread 23-09-2014, 07:51 AM
denis lawless

id give him a run in the nets.....cant see him leaking 5 so already an improvement.

Unread 23-09-2014, 08:12 AM
crockster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Considering the state of defence he may put Blind in there so Carrick will take his spot.
I suggested this the other day, might work well.

Unread 23-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I don't think Blind is an automatic pick and I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if that changes, tbh.

For me, Carrick should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
Yes, Carrick is a better player, or was. Last season was worryingly poor from him, beyond even the Moyes malaise. We have been used to Carrick starting the season slowly and gradually asserting himself, never looked like happening.

Blind at CB in the PL would terrify me, a prime candidate to be bullied.

Unread 23-09-2014, 08:40 AM
Liu Jian

He doesn't.

Will take him ages get up to speed after missing pre-season. And the last thing we need is yet another slow player in the team.

Unread 23-09-2014, 10:11 AM
rebelcountyred

Reckon fellaini would be better at CB, got the elbows for it too.

Unread 23-09-2014, 10:15 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
And the turning circle of a tugboat. Imagine him up against Aguero

Unread 23-09-2014, 10:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
He doesn't.

Will take him ages get up to speed after missing pre-season. And the last thing we need is yet another slow player in the team.
He would be replacing a slow player. And Carrick at 33 is probably still more mobile than Blind.

So for the experience, I think he'll come back in. And LvG seems to talk about him very enthusiastically.

Unread 23-09-2014, 11:00 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Holy shit.

Unread 23-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
He would be replacing a slow player. And Carrick at 33 is probably still more mobile than Blind.

So for the experience, I think he'll come back in. And LvG seems to talk about him very enthusiastically.
Not sure about that. Rather than pining for Carrick we should be concentrating on getting a box-to-box midfielder in January.

As for Carrick at centre-back...hahaha £#%&! off.

Unread 23-09-2014, 11:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Not sure about that. Rather than pining for Carrick we should be concentrating on getting a box-to-box midfielder in January.
Surely we really need to concentrate on winning games between now and January?

Blind concerns me. I saw his last game for Ajax when PSV ran through them 3-1 at the Arena and I worry that while the team is in a rebuilding phase he'll always struggle in frantic games such as Sunday. Hopefully when we get to a stage where our team is a more cohesive unit with stronger defenders, he'll get better protection. At the moment, I'd rather have Carrick in there.

Unread 23-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Surely we really need to concentrate on winning games between now and January?
no, we need to ignore the whole of october, november and december and concentrate on 2015.
Closed Thread