United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Default James Franco

Played himself to a tee in This is the End, by the looks of it.

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...ncos-new-novel

1) Sometimes it is painful to be oneself; at other times it seems impossible to escape oneself.

2) I am an actor, so I can play everything. Everyone is in me, and I am a part of everyone.

3) I am Jack Nicholson and Marlon Brando and Jimmy Stewart and Jean-Paul Belmondo and Steve McQueen. I am Meryl Streep and Natalie Wood and Cate Blanchett and Marilyn Monroe.

4) I’m here to entertain you, but I don’t really care about entertaining you, know what I mean?

5) I thought about the kiss a lot, and I could feel her soul on my lips.

6) Seeking your place, that is reality. Seek your purpose and how to best fulfill it. And if your place is not amongst the people of your time, then do your work for other times, for the times to come, or do your talking with your heroes of the past.

7) Why not be your own Scorsese?

8) “Oh,” I said, and looked at her white cheek. It made me aware of how we have skin over bones and there are different shapes underneath that are arbitrary.

9) The picture of me sleeping with my mouth open next to a bunch of attentive students says a thousand words. But it says the wrong words, or it says the words that TMZ wants it to say. It doesn’t say: This photo was taken at 10 p.m. during an optional guest lecture by William Kentridge, hosted by the graduate art school. James wasn’t even in the Columbia art department but went to their visiting artist lectures anyway, even though he was in four other graduate programs at the time and working on the film Howl and hosting Saturday Night Live, and a bunch of other things.

10) Peace,
James Franco

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Jethro

Quite the opinion of himself.

Quote:
3) I am Jack Nicholson and Marlon Brando and Jimmy Stewart and Jean-Paul Belmondo and Steve McQueen. I am Meryl Streep and Natalie Wood and Cate Blanchett and Marilyn Monroe.

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

kind of like him but despise his brother.

smarmy, unfunny and shite at acting.

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
kind of like him but despise his brother.

smarmy, unfunny and shite at acting.

His brother, General? The way you've been going on in the dole thread I thought you'd love him.

Unread 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Chorlton74

he was ace in `This is the End`.

but those Gucci ads. :shakehead:
Closed Thread