United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2016, 12:21 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
£70 odd million buy out, so Juve just might be in need of some cash in the bank now...
Why? They arent short of a few quid

Unread 23-07-2016, 01:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Why? They arent short of a few quid
They're not rich either though. Poggers is sold. It's done.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

£70m for Higuain ffs

Awful striker.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:01 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
They're not rich either though. Poggers is sold. It's done.
They were originally trying to include two or three players in the deal and now they have the money to pay straight cash. I reckon it's done too.

To Madrid, probably.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Lok

Nearly a hundred million euros for a bang average striker who is 28.

I know he's worth a bit extra as they're weakening their rivals but this is beyond mental.

I was hoping Arsenal would spend stupid money on him. They might actually go for someone decent now

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
They were originally trying to include two or three players in the deal and now they have the money to pay straight cash. I reckon it's done too.

To Madrid, probably.
Nah. I know there's been pain before but there's a new sheriff in town now. Raiola and Mendes his deputies.

Besides, if they were able to sign him Marca wouldn't have been slagging Poggers off the least few days.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Stickman

I've never really rated him but have to accept I'm wrong given he's broken the Serie A scoring record since ehm, time.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:38 PM
Buck

Extremely over-priced for his age but "awful striker" "bang average"?

1 in 2 career record.

He bottled it in some big moments but so did Van Persie.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Extremely over-priced for his age but "awful striker" "bang average"?

1 in 2 career record.

He bottled it in some big moments but so did Van Persie.
Just find him slow and laboured. His goal scoring record is exceptional but just not the type of forward I enjoy watching. £70m is insane.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
£70m for Higuain ffs

Awful striker.
Harsh. Was ace last season and for a year or two at Madrid. Not top, top bracket, but there are probably about 5 in World Football who are atm. Once you get past Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero (the @#%&!), Zlat last season and Griezmann, it starts getting very thin on the ground for truly top level strikers, and Griezmann doesn't count, really. Benzema maybe.. Aubamayang? Beyond that Higuain is probably the best around as it stands.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Harsh. Was ace last season and for a year or two at Madrid. Not top, top bracket, but there are probably about 5 in World Football who are atm. Once you get past Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero (the @#%&!), Zlat last season and Griezmann, it starts getting very thin on the ground for truly top level strikers, and Griezmann doesn't count, really. Benzema maybe.. Aubamayang? Beyond that Higuain is probably the best around as it stands.
£70m is ludicrous for him.

Unread 23-07-2016, 02:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
£70m is ludicrous for him.
I'm not saying it's not, but if there were more top strikers about he'd be miles cheaper.

Could probably say similar about Pogba tbf. Football is having a major lull in terms of talent imo.

Unread 23-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not saying it's not, but if there were more top strikers about he'd be miles cheaper.

Could probably say similar about Pogba tbf. Football is having a major lull in terms of talent imo.
Pogba demonstrates much better value for money both from a footballing and commercial perspective.

Unread 23-07-2016, 03:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Pogba demonstrates much better value for money both from a footballing and commercial perspective.
Still should be miles cheaper. If there were more options, he would be.

Unread 23-07-2016, 03:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Just find him slow and laboured. His goal scoring record is exceptional but just not the type of forward I enjoy watching. £70m is insane.
If you give him service then he will score lots of goals but in tight big matches he isn't someone who's going to do something really special and say beat a couple of players and score a goal to win you the game

They would win Serie A easily without him so they clearly think he will really help them win the CL
Can't see it

For someone who is 29 in December so little resale value it's a ridiculous fee and makes 120 million euro Pogba look a good deal

Unread 23-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Jethro

Goes to show how £#%&!ed the market is going to be this Summer

Unread 23-07-2016, 04:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If you give him service then he will score lots of goals but in tight big matches he isn't someone who's going to do something really special and say beat a couple of players and score a goal to win you the game

They would win Serie A easily without him so they clearly think he will really help them win the CL
Can't see it

For someone who is 29 in December so little resale value it's a ridiculous fee and makes 120 million euro Pogba look a good deal
Agree with this. He's clearly not bang average ffs but given Juve's domestic dominance surely that £70m goes on someone who takes them to challenging to be the best side in Europe. Or they use it to invest in a couple of outstanding young players.

Strange choice by Juve for me, but they usually know what they're doing.

Unread 23-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Grimson

Proven goalscorer, has flopped on the big stage because (like Huntelaar for example) he's got just enough to get you goals against average to good sides, but not great sides. Still, those goals are important too, though admittedly less so considering Juve's domestic dominance. In short, forget I said anything.

Unread 23-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Tronics

Got to be in the top 5 transfer fees of all time right? Crazy considering how average he is

Probs says more about the current state of worldy strikers if anything, imagine what Ronaldo, Vieri (injury free) Battigoal and Henry would go for in the current market

Even Suarez looks like a bargain all things considered

Unread 23-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Got to be in the top 5 transfer fees of all time right? Crazy considering how average he is
180 goals in 280 appearances in his European career. That's not average.
Closed Thread