United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:26 PM
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I mean, why would that be?
Another penalty not awarded because of a referee afraid of the reaction of the press.
Maguire was correct but Utd had to back down or face Shaw banned to cover it up.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:28 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Its still true that breaking down stubborn teams is something we have found troublesome for a few years now.
Because Greenwood isn’t ready, Martial’s a lazy @#%&! and Rashford is overrated.

Sick of hearing about top scorers. 15 of those came in two games. Bruno made or scored the bulk of the rest.

Jack Duckworth

enjoyed that.

ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United are expected to the trophies they’re in for. If he threw the EL we’d be getting hammered.

He played Rashford and Bruno 45 minutes each against Sociedad as it meant they had recovery the next day rather than pushing themselves in training the next day and perhaps causing injury.
£#%&! me
Ole’s agent couldn’t do a better job coming up with an excuse for that nonsense of picking Bruno and Rashford in that game

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:29 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
enjoyed that.
Just wait till Sunday

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronny
Another penalty not awarded because of a referee afraid of the reaction of the press.
Maguire was correct but Utd had to back down or face Shaw banned to cover it up.
We've had quite a few good penalty claims turned down recently, and as you say we had to back down in public to save the hypocritical FA's arses.

I don't see how either thing would "break our spirit" though.

(thinking about it, not beating Everton after totally slaughtering them for 89 out of 90 minutes probably had more of an effect there)

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Weirdly, I think we’ll play much better on Sunday.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:30 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
f*** me
Ole’s agent couldn’t do a better job coming up with an excuse for that nonsense of picking Bruno and Rashford in that game
The manager himself literally said it, to be fair.

"Forty-five minutes on a Thursday is good preparation for a Sunday, definitely better than no minutes and then maybe training too much tomorrow because they are eager, and they might over-cook it."

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Good luck with that.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
United are expected to the trophies they’re in for. If he threw the EL we’d be getting hammered.

He played Rashford and Bruno 45 minutes each against Sociedad as it meant they had recovery the next day rather than pushing themselves in training the next day and perhaps causing injury.
Or he could just give them the rest, not play them and tell them to carry out training with light fitness drills the next day anyway? That last paragraph is absolute balls

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999

"Forty-five minutes on a Thursday is good preparation for a Sunday, definitely better than no minutes and then maybe training too much tomorrow because they are eager, and they might over-cook it."
That worked out well

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Of course we will. Adrenaline, the nature of the game and the fact there will be space for us when we get the ball in the attacking third. But you’re up against a side that has everything going their way, full of confidence and their players well rotated and rested.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:

If he actually said this then I have vastly overestimated his ability and management skills

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Good luck with that.
It might actually happen.

(note the "might")

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Good luck with that.
I think we will, but crucially, I think City might offer a bit more than Palace.

The fact its a derby should at least bring some intensity out of us. We’ll just be outclassed.

2-0 comfortable win IMO

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Or he could just give them the rest, not play them and tell them to carry out training with light fitness drills the next day anyway? That last paragraph is absolute balls
I’m giving the reason the manager gave. He knows the players and what is happening in training.

saffers

Quote:
If he actually said this then I have vastly overestimated his ability and management skills
Vastly huh.

AK14

Quote:
Nah

Would never work

Resting players in games that are already won is crazy talk ffs.

sweetleftfoot

Ploddy and poor tonight.

Get fired right into the yonners at the weekend, McTommers folding that dirty @#%&! Fernandinho in two.

Unread 03-03-2021, 11:34 PM
saffers

Quote:

#headsgone