United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Dean Smith is a decent coach. Can set up a team and get them working hard.
More than Rangnick can do on tonight's showing etc

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:54 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The manager will learn more every game aswell
He kept the same team that beat Palace. He wont keep that team for Brentford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
More than Rangnick can do on tonight's showing etc
2 games in the league, 2 clean sheets, 2 wins.

Enjoying the moment.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:55 PM
no fun

Quote:
Bailly will be in for Linda

Maybe mason for the wythenshawe child feeder

Other than that, same

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:55 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Mason and VDB in for Rashford and Bruno? OR if cavani is back put him in. Cavani presses like he’s 20

I don’t think VDB did himself any favours midweek. Problem is you can sum up where we are as a squad and how they’re playing by trying to pick the one who is least off form.

Other option is if he isn’t going to press go back to the 4231 till we get the right players

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Bailly will be in for Linda

Maybe mason for the wythenshawe child feeder

Other than that, same
Bailey is such a liability. His decision making is so bad. Fs when is varane coming back or is he another schweinstieger who will play 15 times in 3 years.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Well, that was more like what we're used to.

Norwich have improved under Smith, put us under pressure and, when that happens, you see all those bad habits resurface.

Passive, sloppy, error-strewn.

I'm not yet convinced that this system gets the best out of what we have and you can exploit.

Sancho and especially Bruno don't look comfortable in their roles. Bruno especailly needs to calm down and show more composure or he's going to continue to cut a frustrated figure.

Ronaldo wasn't great, but comes to life when it matters and I thought Rashford was a lot better and our biggest threat.

We saw the flaws in both the full backs. They're the right options now, but neither are the long-term answer.

Ironically, the two most maligned players, Mfred, have looked the best in their respective roles.

Always good to keep a clean sheet, but that was more accident than design and we got out of jail there. Big win, but it's a timely reminder of how far we've got to go, how badly the habits are in the side and why we can't afford to look too far forward and start looking at kind fixture lists. Brentford will be another tough one.

Hope Lindelof is ok.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:09 PM
no fun

Quote:

Bailey is such a liability. His decision making is so bad. Fs when is varane coming back or is he another schweinstieger who will play 15 times in 3 years.
If linda isn’t fit then it must be bailly

Unless you want....

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
and I thought Rashford was a lot better and our biggest threat

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:10 PM
saffers

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:11 PM
Sparky***

ralf basically saying the players weren't physically present and their body language was shit.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Don't get me wrong, he wasn't great, but he's been very poor and I thought he was a bit better. Still a lot to do ofcourse and I don't think a single forward played well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
ralf basically saying the players weren't physically present and their body language was shit.
Yep. Asked if the performance was deliberate and emphatically said no. He knows that wasn't good enough. Ole would probably be proud of the lads.

He'll have learned a lot about this lot in the last couple of weeks and a few have let him down in the last few games. There's plenty of spots up for grabs.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Baron

Quote:
A strange combination of V’s & camera phones there - certainly far too many toes.

Better to grind out a win & get savey Dave back to his best than whatever the £#%&! we used to do the last few months. Hopefully we can get to January, make a signing & kick on a bit with some momentum.

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:24 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
A strange combination of V’s & camera phones there - certainly far too many toes.

Better to grind out a win & get savey Dave back to his best than whatever the £#%&! we used to do the last few months. Hopefully we can get to January, make a signing & kick on a bit with some momentum.
Huge check the hard drive vibes from bottom left nqat

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
If linda isn’t fit then it must be bailly

Unless you want....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZTVXydsMaw
He did make the bench honestly if had had played atleast a dozen times in the last year I’d bring him backs he literally hasn’t played in years. Mengi did well coming on midweek but way too young and we can’t afford the risk

Unread 11-12-2021, 09:55 PM
MagnificentSeven

i'm not sure if bruno is right for the role he's been playing either. i'd swap him and rashers round, and have him in a false nine type role.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i'm not sure if bruno is right for the role he's been playing either. i'd swap him and rashers round, and have him in a false nine type role.
I think he can do it, but he’s got to learn to play a bit differently. For most of his time here, he’s been the main man for creating in an advanced. Now, we have a better squad and a system and approach that creates chance if everyone does their job. He’d benefit massively from calming down and doing the simpler things.

Sancho is basically the opposite. Gone back to playing within himself again.

All the forwards can and will play better than that though.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:12 PM
Vedder

I’m not worried about Sancho, he’s shown for a few seasons at Dortmund what a brilliant player he is, champions league included. The team is just a bit of a mess atm, Bruno is frustrated and can’t snap out of it. It will all come together.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Don’t think it’s a role issue for Bruno. The mistakes he makes are all technical, I.e giving the ball away, doesn’t matter what role he plays if he continues to do so. He is one of our best players, I reckon he part needs a break, he’s being playing nonstop for over a year now.

Even off form he tends to get goals and assists , just needs to calm down a bit and get back to basics

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don’t think it’s a role issue for Bruno. The mistakes he makes are all technical, I.e giving the ball away, doesn’t matter what role he plays if he continues to do so. He is one of our best players, I reckon he part needs a break, he’s being playing nonstop for over a year now.

Even off form he tends to get goals and assists , just needs to calm down a bit and get back to basics
i think he needs reigning in. Someone in his ear telling him it's ok to keep it simple on occasion. We can't have him swinging wildly from doing great goals and assists one game to playing like a piss head the next. We can't build anything on that.

Unread 11-12-2021, 10:44 PM
Red_Rizla

We won away. I’m happy with that. We did not concede, despite errors, and that pleases me too. Fred and McT were both decent, the back four (or 2+2) were good. De Gea was superb, as he has been for most of the season. The front four were not as clinical or effective as they can be. That said, Ronaldo is a beast. Sancho did well at times, Rashford will come good, and you just know that Fernandes will strive to play better than he did today.

Plenty of positives from this result, though many on here are conditioned to focus on negatives.

Two other points - I like Sparky’s posts, but always bet against anything he predicts.

Marlo was shown once again to be a know-nothing irrelevance.