United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:31 PM
puressence

You’d be £#%&!ed fitting a pre season in a week. Take that move on seen us play worse at Norwich. Clean sheet excellent thought Fred was brilliant

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:32 PM
RARAMSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
£#%&! off sparky.

rashford was born in manchester. have some respect. rashy has to play. cockneys just don’t get it!
I'm from Manchester and I get it Rash has been shit for months he needs dropping and tell him he is not unsellerable if he doesn't buck his ideas up, just cause where he was popped out doesn't mean he cant have criticism

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:33 PM
tatty

It sounded on the radio like it was just repeated missed passes and defensive errors.

How is it possible that professional footballers are unable to do the very basics of their job?

They can't have been this shit when we signed them so what's happened over the last few years for so many of them to have lost their way.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
What a ropey performance
That's putting it mildly. It was £#%&!ing appalling.

Brentford will be rubbing their hands together at that.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Reckon the lads are exhausted from actual training. Give them a month or two. Normally managers have a pre-season with a team to bed things in a bit - Ralf has been afforded no such luxury.
Bingo.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
You’d be £#%&!ed fitting a pre season in a week. Take that move on seen us play worse at Norwich. Clean sheet excellent thought Fred was brilliant
Played worse than that against them at OT too, though the pro-LvG posse on here would like to pretend it never happened.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:34 PM
Sparky***

Brentford are going to beat us easily on tuesday.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

I love this “ teams deserve to be XYZ” sorry but if you don’t put the ball in the net you don’t deserve a thing.

I don’t buy this shite of oh they played well enough for a draw. If they did , they would have drawn the game

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We will hopefully know we can expect a game there, maybe even partly had that on our minds today.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:38 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
It’s easy to fall into this trap. Each game will be played differently, new manager , new coach new tactics and new training. I think at palace we did well. Today obviously not so well, but it’s one of those we got the points and move on.

If it was 5 years into his reign or a constant then there’s worry. Brentford play differently aswell, reckon we will have much more space against them.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:40 PM
puressence

Quote:
Go and have a lie down trousers. Relax yourself

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It’s easy to fall into this trap. Each game will be played differently, new manager , new coach new tactics and new training. I think at palace we did well. Today obviously not so well, but it’s one of those we got the points and move on.

If it was 5 years into his reign or a constant then there’s worry. Brentford play differently aswell, reckon we will have much more space against them.
We were at home to Palace.

They looked exhausted out there today. Gaps everywhere, there was no pressing, the space between midfield and defence was enormous. It was exactly what we've been seeing the last few months under Ole. There was nothing different apart from the fact Norwich are extremely poor.

But the most disappointing thing for me out of everything was just how sloppy and piss poor our forward play is. For as average as our midfield is, you expect far more from our forwards. Each of them today had moments where they made appalling decisions, awful passes and generally looked half-arsed.

Rashford, for me, isn't a top footballer. His fundamental lack of any footballing intelligence and complete inability to develop any functioning relationship with his team mates after 6 years of first team football is just disgraceful. He looks like a player who's been utterly indulged.

And I think that's what you're seeing here. A team of players who've been utterly indulged for 3 years. Who've had no expectations put on them or consequences for failure.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:45 PM
redhegemony

Must have been instructed not to press as we did against Palace maybe he saw we were knackered. Looked physically and mentally tired especially Bruno, one of his poorest games for us.

Three big plusses - 3 points, a clean sheet and we are trying to pass forward more quickly. Clearly he's got to steady the ship and work out who can do what he wants. If we can grind out some 1-0s during this that's good enough.

Up to 5th.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
We were at home to Palace.

They looked exhausted out there today. Gaps everywhere, there was no pressing, the space between midfield and defence was enormous. It was exactly what we've been seeing the last few months under Ole. There was nothing different apart from the fact Norwich are extremely poor.

But the most disappointing thing for me out of everything was just how sloppy and piss poor our forward play is. For as average as our midfield is, you expect far more from our forwards. Each of them today had moments where they made appalling decisions, awful passes and generally looked half-arsed.

Rashford, for me, isn't a top footballer. His fundamental lack of any footballing intelligence and complete inability to develop any functioning relationship with his team mates after 6 years of first team football is just disgraceful. He looks like a player who's been utterly indulged.

And I think that's what you're seeing here. A team of players who've been utterly indulged for 3 years. Who've had no expectations put on them or consequences for failure.
These things take time. It’s no secret that we also need signings . However the more games we play the more ralf will learn about the team and the better we get. No point going all doom about Brentford because we had an iffy game in which we only just won

Edit “ at palace” I meant the game vs palace , poor choice of words sorry

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:50 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Didn't help of course that Norwich did their usual cup final act against us. Enjoy it back in the championship you inbred £#%&!ers.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Must have been instructed not to press as we did against Palace maybe he saw we were knackered. Looked physically and mentally tired especially Bruno, one of his poorest games for us.

Three big plusses - 3 points, a clean sheet and we are trying to pass forward more quickly. Clearly he's got to steady the ship and work out who can do what he wants. If we can grind out some 1-0s during this that's good enough.

Up to 5th.
Not sure that's my take out from tonight's game trying not to read too much into it but there were some pretty discouraging performances. Onto the next game.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:52 PM
saffers

Make no mistake this was a massive win.

Will focus the minds ahead of Brentford.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Make no mistake this was a massive win.

Will focus the minds ahead of Brentford.
The manager will learn more every game aswell

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Didn't help of course that Norwich did their usual cup final act against us. Enjoy it back in the championship you inbred £#%&!ers.
Dean Smith is a decent coach. Can set up a team and get them working hard.

Unread 11-12-2021, 08:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Dean Smith is a decent coach. Can set up a team and get them working hard.
We made it easy for them. No press and shit passing , no movement up top and stupid fouls