Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-01-2024, 07:18 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://x.com/manunitedzone_/status/...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

Absolutely NOT!!!!!

The nerve of him!
Aye, a manager wanting a say in the players the club signs? Lunacy.

Unread 02-01-2024, 07:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red

Just dump a load of players on him he doesn't want.....

Unread 02-01-2024, 08:23 PM
Dasilvatwins

Jim Ratcliffe is in. Proper footballing structure , players coming back from injury, the stench of Sancho £#%&!ing off. ETH will flourish

Unread 02-01-2024, 08:48 PM
marlo

Unread 02-01-2024, 09:11 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Yet he can’t be bothered turning up on time, working when he does bother turning up or respecting the terms and conditions of his privileged place at one of the biggest clubs in world football, the one the rest of us on here support, and doesn’t have the drive or ambition to show the manager that his assessment of him is wrong.

A complete man child, still hanging off his mum’s teat. I’d tell the lazy sod not to let the door hit his fat arse on the way out, but it’s kind of inevitable and somewhat fitting that it does.

Unread 02-01-2024, 09:50 PM
n48

All These internet age stats data football fanatics who only get joy from the footballing numbers. It's sad to see. Ooooh look at the bad stats . See how they compare to 1912. Let's compare some obscure metrics to prove our point. Quit worrying about the short term and just enjoy the ride.

Unread 02-01-2024, 10:06 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Also a word to describe the players he’s brought in and some of their transfer fees.

Unread 02-01-2024, 10:08 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Also a word to describe the players he’s brought in and some of their transfer fees.
He doesn’t do the negotiating.

Unread 02-01-2024, 10:20 PM
magic_cantona

So is he pretending to be Dutch or have I misread the thread title?

Unread 02-01-2024, 10:33 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
He doesn’t do the negotiating.
I’m guessing the person negotiating keeps him updated as to whether the player he wants is about to take up a huge chunk of his budget?

Unread 02-01-2024, 11:02 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
I’m guessing the person negotiating keeps him updated as to whether the player he wants is about to take up a huge chunk of his budget?
Yes. You are.

Unread 02-01-2024, 11:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So is he pretending to be Dutch or have I misread the thread title?

Unread 03-01-2024, 12:36 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Yes. You are.
I’m also guessing you’re a bit thick.

Unread 03-01-2024, 03:33 AM
Denis Irwell

Fish feeding time again

Unread 03-01-2024, 09:10 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
I’m also guessing you’re a bit thick.
Yes, you are.

Maybe guessing is something else you’re not good at.

Unread 03-01-2024, 09:12 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
https://x.com/manunitedzone_/status/...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

Absolutely NOT!!!!!

The nerve of him!
I don’t mind him having a say as he is the manager but we should definitely going down the route of people above building the team and final say. Obviously it’s about getting the right people. We need to build a modern culture, it’s scary how clueless the people running the club have been.

Unread 03-01-2024, 10:05 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
All These internet age stats data football fanatics who only get joy from the footballing numbers. It's sad to see. Ooooh look at the bad stats . See how they compare to 1912. Let's compare some obscure metrics to prove our point. Quit worrying about the short term and just enjoy the ride.
Goals is not an internet age obscure stat metric ffs.

Davenport and Birtles got an incredible amount of shit for not scoring them 40/50 years ago.

Unread 03-01-2024, 11:07 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Just dump a load of players on him he doesn't want.....
Yep, because that worked with Beeky and Ole didn't it?

Unread 03-01-2024, 11:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
Yep, because that worked with Beeky and Ole didn't it?
Ole said the club will never sign a player that the manager doesn’t want.

Unread 04-01-2024, 07:32 PM
larry

Quote:
Erik ten Hag says his talks with the new Manchester United minority shareholder, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, and his Ineos team were “very positive”. The manager met the billionaire on Wednesday after Ratcliffe took over football operations.

It is anticipated Ratcliffe will make a number of changes, recruitment being a key focus as a potential restructure looms, although Ten Hag would not be drawn on specifics as he prepares for Monday’s FA Cup third-round clash at Wigan.

“Very positive, I have to say,” Ten Hag said of the meeting. “So many hours we sit together. On many issues we were on the same page. I can say that it was a very constructive meeting and we’re looking forward to working with each other.”

More talks are likely in the coming weeks and Sir Dave Brailsford, the Ineos director of sport, has been at the training ground this week. Ten Hag said: “We have to let it settle down. They’re just coming in, introducing themselves. They have good ideas; we have to see what we can integrate. In togetherness we will work but after one day you can’t tell that. They have given me a few [ideas], we have had our debates about strategies and I think we will come together.”