United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:44 PM
ryanMUFC

Lose-Lose.

If he stays, we shouldn’t let him sign anyone on a permanent basis going off the shit he’s brought in.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:49 PM
tatty

Potter with the wholesale import of a smaller, well-run club mentality and we'd be on the slow road back.

Glazer's want the occasional marquee signing for the sponsors though don't they so it's never happening.

We won't finish lower than 12th.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:56 PM
Denis Irwell

They’re not sacking him yet. Too much contract to pay out whilst the new crew evaluate. His days are numbered anyway, unless he does something we’ve seen little of, to date.

Little to look forward to, other than players returning from injury. Trouble is, more become injured as they can’t be arsed and seemingly self diagnose new injuries.

Changes a-coming. Eventually.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:07 PM
MUFC One Love

It’s over. He’s clueless.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:13 PM
n48

All this poor misunderstood squad needs is a manager who is tactically astute and who can motivate. It's so simple.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:17 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
All this poor misunderstood squad needs is a manager who is tactically astute and who can motivate. It's so simple.
The counter arguments are always straw men.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:20 PM
MUFC One Love

We all know he’s off as soon as Ineos are in officially. He will maybe get to the summer but he will be gone then.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:25 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
You have hit the nail bang on the head there as it is half the players that need to be binned-off as no Top_Manager in their right mind is gonna want the job as it has sadly became a huge poisoned challice & the question that has to be asked is how many more Managers are 65% of the current squard going to be allowed to throw under the bus before United's board wake-up & realise that the players are the problem
Yeah, this squad is poisonous they are hanging Ten Hag out to dry and I don’t think it’s because they have a problem with him it looks like the whole feeling about the club it’s an easy touch and the bastards know they can take it easy and collect their salary.

Hopefully Ratcliffe sets the place up right for the last few months of the season and looks at it through the summer, maybe ETH will show us what he’s about

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:32 PM
Sparky***

i don't think the players on the pitch there tonight hung him out to dry. They looked more to me a team low on confidence and lacking the nous to implement what the manager is telling them.

I saw players running, tackling and trying. But I also saw players riddled with uncertainty, playing at snail's pace because they look like nothing they're being told to do comes naturally.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:33 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i don't think the players on the pitch there tonight hung him out to dry. They looked more to me a team low on confidence and lacking the nous to implement what the manager is telling them.

I saw players running, tackling and trying. But I also saw players riddled with uncertainty, playing at snail's pace because they look like nothing they're being told to do comes naturally.
They've looked low on confidence for most of the past 5 months, isn't that on the manager?

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:33 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

any idea what our tactics are meant to be?

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:44 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I may be wrong, but I think get it to Antony and let him cut inside is part of it.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:45 PM
n48

I think much depends on him having a ball playing defender which he's been without for most of the season hence the drop in performance.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
I think much depends on him having a ball playing defender which he's been without for most of the season hence the drop in performance.
Evans and Varane are both quality ball-playing footballers. This revisionism that somehow Vanane is suddenly a donkey is such copium.

The issue is they are old not that they aren't good on the ball.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:51 PM
n48

Okay well he's been without his first choice defence for the majority of the season including one who is one of the best passers and who is confident in bringing the ball forward.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:53 PM
armchair

We aren't playing great attacking football but conceding stupid goals. We're conceding stupid goals and not playing good football.

The only time we are any good is when there is nothing to lose and tactics go out the window.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I don't know mate, honestly. I watch us play football and we make it look extremely hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
They've looked low on confidence for most of the past 5 months, isn't that on the manager?
Well he'll pay for it with his job, of that i have little doubt.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:58 PM
marlo

but somehow there’s some idiots who want him to stay on?!?!??

It’s getting weird for the ten hoes!
this man is failing at everything!

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:59 PM
armchair

Once you figure out the tactics it's even worse.

There's no overriding philosophy of how football should be played. It's all about the other side making mistakes, encouraging those mistakes and exploiting them when they happen.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We aren't playing great attacking football but conceding stupid goals. We're conceding stupid goals and not playing good football.

The only time we are any good is when there is nothing to lose and tactics go out the window.
Our form over the last 7 games is on a par with Sheffield United who are bottom of the league. We have a perfect storm of not being able to score and shipping soft goals.

It's deflating and demoralising to watch and it's become depressingly predictable.
Closed Thread