United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:36 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
2000 was incredibly dull, had it won in January FFS
Remember our main complaint being that the Premier League was so easy that it caused us to not be sharp enough for Europe Those were the days.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Remember our main complaint being that the Premier League was so easy that it caused us to not be sharp enough for Europe Those were the days.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
alright mate

Today will serve a good reminder of the sting of failure - not only to our players but perhaps more importantly, our fans. Who quite frankly, display shocking levels of arrogance and a blasé attitude when it comes to United winning. This "oh everything will work out because we're united and that's just how things are" attitude is £#%&!ing shite and a lot of people need a £#%&!ing slap.

City will celebrate this like the world is going to end tomorrow and they'll lord it up to high heaven. What would we have done? a couple of laps round the pitch with the trophy, played 'take me home united road' then everyone goes home? No.20 lads, eh great throw it on the pile. Bus parade? nah £#%&! it.

Maybe, just maybe, if we do get our act together (shocking as it sounds at the moment) and come back strong next year then our supporters might not treat league championships like something that just comes with the territory anymore and savour them.

This goes for the club as a whole as well. The complacency has been right there from top to bottom this season. Stank of it. It's been a while since i've ever looked at a united team and thought "this lot don't want it enough". Bringing in new players is only part of the problem that currently needs solving. Players and staff are in need of a £#%&!ing attitude adjustment and need to be reminded that success is a privilege not a right.
Superb post.

I said earlier on it makes you realise we don't appreciate titles enough and if we win it next season we want to make a big £#%&!ing fuss over it, pitch invasion at O.T, the lot £#%&! them.

The challenge is there and usually I'd say we will come through the our finances are obviously hindering us. Next season can't get any worse than this and all the pressure will be on city, no %@#$&!s excuses when they drop points, the press will give them stick. I just want to see an exciting team again, we're so £#%&!ing boring to watch these days. Berbatov's agent said recently that Fergie told him Berbatov isn't in Fergie's plans because he wants to rebuild the team with pace, let's hope he does.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

it's days like this sparky comes to the fore

during the season he's a moaning, annoying @#%&! but when the chips really are down his love for united comes out

g2c

where as ginners ffs....:shakehead:

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The challenge is there and usually I'd say we will come through the our finances are obviously hindering us. Next season can't get any worse than this and all the pressure will be on city, no %@#$&!s excuses when they drop points, the press will give them stick. I just want to see an exciting team again, we're so £#%&!ing boring to watch these days. Berbatov's agent said recently that Fergie told him Berbatov isn't in Fergie's plans because he wants to rebuild the team with pace, let's hope he does.
Yep. Just want to see us play some good stuff again. We've been playing uninspiring, insipid football for far too long now. That's why the start of the season was so exciting

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:52 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
it's days like this sparky comes to the fore

during the season he's a moaning, annoying @#%&! but when the chips really are down his love for united comes out

g2c

where as ginners ffs....:shakehead:
Agreed. I reckon if you had a pint with Sparky and discussed United he wouldn't be like he is on here IRL about United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Yep. Just want to see us play some good stuff again. We've been playing uninspiring, insipid football for far too long now. That's why the start of the season was so exciting
The most worrying part about all this Serenity is you're being 'normal'. It must mean things are serious.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Thing is we have the players to continue in that vein, its just Frugluson pinned all his hopes on Cleverley with no plan B after the Nasri deal seemingly went to shit.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Yep. Just want to see us play some good football again. We've been playing uninspiring, insipid football for far too long now. That's why the start of the season was so exciting

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:54 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the chasing pack hasn't improved, the whole league has gone backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I personally don't think that the quality of the league as a whole was that high when we won in 2000 and 2001.

Weird times

We were very good most of everyone else was shite
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
2000 was incredibly dull, had it won in January FFS

saves me having to reply tbh

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Thing is we have the players to continue in that vein, its just Frugluson pinned all his hopes on Cleverley with no plan B after the Nasri deal seemingly went to shit.
Yep, they can't afford to lose our on targets this summer. I genuinley believe last summer we would have signed Nasri had his agent not received a big payment from city and we would have got Sneijder if his demands wern't ridiculous along with the fee. We may have only signed one of them but I think we would have bar a couple of issues.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed. I reckon if you had a pint with Sparky and discussed United he wouldn't be like he is on here IRL about United.

Unread 14-05-2012, 04:58 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I personally don't think that the quality of the league as a whole was that high when we won in 2000 and 2001.

Weird times

We were very good most of everyone else was shite
Exactly - we won the league comfortably with Fabien Barthez in goal. Says it all.

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:03 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yep. playing the youngsters, vibrant attacking football...

01 De Gea, 03 Evra, 04 Jones, 06 Evans, 12 Smalling, 08 Anderson, 17 Nani, 18 Young, 23 Cleverley, 10 Rooney, 19 Welbeck

that side got us 8-2 vs arsenal, 3-0 vs spurs, 5-0 vs bolton...

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Couldn't believe the football we were playing. So unexpected too, which only made it better. Yes, it was far too open and all the rest, but I don't give a shit really. Was a joy to watch.

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:05 PM
dragflick

Quote:

01 De Gea, 03 Evra, 04 Jones, 06 Evans, 12 Smalling, 08 Anderson, 17 Nani, 18 Young, 23 Cleverley, 10 Rooney, 19 Welbeck

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

let's not get carried away here mate.

an admirable sentiment but jones and evans as a centre back pairing with the fat car crasher and the brand infront? no thanks.

get me back nemanja vidic and a couple of midfield signings infront him. Preferably with a big set of £#%&!ing balls and the guts for a fight. Get welbeck on the weights. £#%&! it, get them all on the weights. Especially young.

I don't want to see any poofs out there in the gingham next season.

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:10 PM
borsuk

Quote:
let's not get carried away here mate.

an admirable sentiment but jones and evans as a centre back pairing with the fat car crasher and the brand infront? no thanks.

get me back nemanja vidic and a couple of midfield signings infront him. Preferably with a big set of £#%&!ing balls and the guts for a fight. Get welbeck on the weights. £#%&! it, get them all on the weights. Especially young.

not saying it was perfect by any means but it was entertaining and gave us [gaylord] a glimpse of what the youngsters are going to be capable of [/gaylord].

a little bit of investment and the squad will be very strong indeed. the foundations are there.

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Serenity Now

Loved watching Jones and Evans bring the ball out from the back. Some of Jonseh's attacking runs were £#%&!ing ridiculous.

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:14 PM
signed dc

Quote:
So there's no point in Jaffo inviting you to any Fred London meets then?

Unread 14-05-2012, 05:14 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:

It's a good side that, with carrick in for welbeck for difficult aways but neither of the midfielders can stay fit.