United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 01-07-2023, 06:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would honestly be happier with this signing than any I can remember in recent times
Casemiro?

Unread 01-07-2023, 07:18 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Casemiro?
Nope dunk said he was past it and not very good yet wanted us to sign grant Xhaka.

Unread 01-07-2023, 07:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Nope dunk said he was past it and not very good yet wanted us to sign grant Xhaka.
No I didn’t, don’t tell lies.

Thought we overpaid and he’s a bit old. Was pleasantly surprised at how stuck in he got, lost a bit of impetus after the sendings off, he did pick back up again though.

Unread 01-07-2023, 07:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
The midfield Varane.

Madrid have replaced him because he’s creaking, would be just like us to sign him for big money and long contract and be stuck with him while he’s properly winding down.

Like that clown that said we should be buying Kante, who’s out for 4-6 weeks and Jorginho, just £#%&!ing stupid.
Quote:
I’m sorry, but paying €70-80m and doubling the wage on a 4-5 year contract for a 30 year old Brazilian is utterly £#%&!ing idiotic, even by United’s standards.
Ok pal.

Unread 01-07-2023, 07:50 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ok pal.

Unread 01-07-2023, 08:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ok pal.
Happy to have been wrong up to this point.

Point stands on the fee imo.

Nowhere in there does it suggest I wanted us to Xhaka. That was jem. I wanted him before he got Arsenal’d, when he was about 22/23.

Unread 01-07-2023, 08:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Happy to have been wrong .

JESUS !!!

Unread 01-07-2023, 08:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

JESUS !!!
I’m not like you pal, I admit to being wrong when I am.

Unread 01-07-2023, 08:56 PM
jem

Quote:
Nowhere in there does it suggest I wanted us to Xhaka. That was jem.
I can confirm I would have liked xhaka, I wasn't wrong and I would still take him.

Unread 01-07-2023, 09:28 PM
windy waffles

Imagine doubting The Big Dog...

Rasmus...meh...but im excited to see a new young striker so why not...

Unread 02-07-2023, 02:57 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I can confirm I would have liked xhaka, I wasn't wrong and I would still take him.
Might be time to retire midfield chat mate. Been a good run though, nqat.

Unread 02-07-2023, 03:41 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Ok pal.
Tbf to Dunk, the Casemiro signing will only prove good business if he can perform at the top of his game for at least another two seasons. So far so good but the quality of a signing can’t be accurately judged after just one season.

Unread 02-07-2023, 05:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Tbf to Dunk, the Casemiro signing will only prove good business if he can perform at the top of his game for at least another two seasons. So far so good but the quality of a signing can’t be accurately judged after just one season.
Sounds like the words of someone else who wrote Casemiro off before a ball was even kicked, to be perfectly honest.

Unread 02-07-2023, 06:03 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Sounds like the words of someone else who wrote Casemiro off before a ball was even kicked, to be perfectly honest.
Yes, I wrote off the signing (not specifically the player) as stupid and repeating old mistakes. Jury is still out on that opinion but of course I would like to be proved wrong.

Anyway, this Rasmus lad. Never seen him play.

Unread 02-07-2023, 07:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Nice to see us actually bidding for players. Don’t they know it’s only July?

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:35 AM
dunk

Negotiations ‘ongoing’

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Negotiations ‘ongoing’
The targets we’re seemingly going for seem far more realistic. Importantly, the players wants to come. Mount, Onana, Hojlund - all apparently sorted with personal terms first and then dealing with the club. All of which need to sell and aren’t in a position of strength. All look like it’s just a case of compromising on fee, as opposed to recent years where we’ve gone for players we simply aren’t going to get. I reckon we get all three done.

If Hojlund has his heart set on coming, Atalanta are in no position to start demanding £60m.

Unread 03-07-2023, 09:58 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
The targets we’re seemingly going for seem far more realistic. Importantly, the players wants to come. Mount, Onana, Hojlund - all apparently sorted with personal terms first and then dealing with the club. All of which need to sell and aren’t in a position of strength. All look like it’s just a case of compromising on fee, as opposed to recent years where we’ve gone for players we simply aren’t going to get. I reckon we get all three done.

If Hojlund has his heart set on coming, Atalanta are in no position to start demanding £60m.
Quite excited if they manage to pull this off. It’s been a while since we had signed a young striker with potential. Martial was probably the last one? Ibrahimovic, ighalo, cavani, lukaku, weghourst.

Ideally we could go out there and get Kane or someone proven but we don’t have the budget this season. If they sign Onana , mount and Hojlund, its hojlund I can’t wait to see play for us on the pitch.

Unread 03-07-2023, 10:05 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Quite excited if they manage to pull this off. It’s been a while since we had signed a young striker with potential. Martial was probably the last one? Ibrahimovic, ighalo, cavani, lukaku, weghourst.

Ideally we could go out there and get Kane or someone proven but we don’t have the budget this season. If they sign Onana , mount and Hojlund, its hojlund I can’t wait to see play for us on the pitch.
The sale dragging on killed any hope of signing Kane or anything like that imo. We simply have to focus on upgrading key areas with younger players with potential/something to prove.

Mount, Onana and Hojlund aren’t exactly thrilling signings, but all three evelate positions we’re short in and all three take us closer to how ETH wants us to be.

Get them in, get some shite sold for £50m + and there’s another player there for us.

And….what else?….oh yeah - SELL THE CLUB!

Unread 03-07-2023, 10:23 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Would honestly be happier with this signing than any I can remember in recent times
Watched a lot of Hojlund, pal?