United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:23 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
do difficult games not exist anymore? What score do you think it would have been if Mourinho had been in charge? We would have been battered.
7 wins.

We'd have got 2 or 3 under Jose with a couple of bore draws and a lame defeat here and there.

Because that's exactly what we were doing.

Quick question, what do the people moaning today actually want from this Ole United team that was a laughing stock devoid of confidence exactly one month ago?

Apparently it's that we should win 7 matches without being troubled.

puressence

Absolutely no @#%&! enjoys utd winning not even utd fans absolute thunder@#%&!s

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Yes, but, you are you.

A hypocrite ... That's the first genuinely poor half of football we've produced in the league under Ole.... Jose made those performances our default performance after 2 and a half £#%&!ing years.
I don't care who is manager. The standard is the standard.

Quote:
We always knew we wouldn't blitz every team every week

It seems 6 wins has got a few people a bit greedy again.
It is not "Greedy" to expect United not to capitulate 2nd half at home to £#%&!ing Brighton.

Quote:
We got a brilliant win last week (a bit lucky, but I don't buy this narrative that spurs @#%&!ted us because they has a few snapshots straight at de gea) and it was always likely to be a challenge keeping that up today.
Snapshots Come on mate ffs.

Quote:
If you're gonna say the win isn't all that matters for United, then at least do the same for Liverpool on their thread .
No, Liverpool are chasing a title so it really is the 3 points that matter for them. We aren't chasing anything.

Quote:
They won when not playing well and it's all doom and gloom. We win when we don't play well and it's also all doom and gloom.
They're playing with all the pressure on them. United have no pressure on them, they're not going to win the league, they're not finishing top 4. Apparently that still is too much for some of our players.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:24 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Absolutely no @#%&! enjoys utd winning not even utd fans absolute thunder@#%&!s
1 person

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:25 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
1 person
I’d avoid twitter armers.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Heard a number of ITK on shows etc saying the fitness issue is down to Jose and his training/style of play this season. I can't remember the stat but under him this season we did £#%&! all closing down which has totally changed under Ole.
Though its been a problem for a bit longer than this season if we are being totally honest?

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:33 PM
General Woundwort

He's picking the right team and we're playing the right way. Wins are a bonus. All 7 of the @#%&!s

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:34 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bring Big Koubs in now. £100m - whatever. We need a beast back there.
agree 100%, but no chance the gimps spend that sort of money on a centerback... We wiil get that £#%&!er from Spurs in the summer for 25 million.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:34 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't care who is manager. The standard is the standard.

It is not "Greedy" to expect United not to capitulate 2nd half at home to £#%&!ing Brighton.

Snapshots Come on mate ffs.

No, Liverpool are chasing a title so it really is the 3 points that matter for them. We aren't chasing anything.

They're playing with all the pressure on them. United have no pressure on them, they're not going to win the league, they're not finishing top 4. Apparently that still is too much for some of our players.

Don't come on me mate when you flippantly say standards are standards.

One half of football is not the same as the end result of a two year tenure. You know that and I know you know that yet.

Snapshots: Kane, llorente, ali . Saved with the legs.
Genuine chances: Kane in on the right, ali in on the right, alderwireld from the corner.

United chances: Rashford goal, Pogba lob over lloris
Decent chance: long range effort.

Spurs probably deserved a draw. They pushed us hard. They didn't batter us.

We're chasing fourth. And hey, it doesn't matter what you're chasing. 'Standards are standards' right .... If that was us against palace, you'd be telling us we look tired and shouldn't be shipping 3 at home to Palace etc.

How that 'too much for our players'? Did they lose? Did they bottle or did they not play well for the first time in a month.

If this continues, then we can start to judge. If you're not willing to give the benefit of the doubt and a little wiggle room to a group that has played one bad half after winning 6 in a row, I think that's pretty Damn harsh

What did we all want from Solskjaer? A Bit of positivity, some nice football and some progress..... since when did we move the goalposts?

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Bring Big Koubs in now. £100m - whatever. We need a beast back there.
Isn’t he 28 or so? I thought signing older players for a fortune was a bad thing?

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:37 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
7 wins.

We'd have got 2 or 3 under Jose with a couple of bore draws and a lame defeat here and there.

Because that's exactly what we were doing.

Quick question, what do the people moaning today actually want from this Ole United team that was a laughing stock devoid of confidence exactly one month ago?

Apparently it's that we should win 7 matches without being troubled.
Seven, 7 nil wins would only do.......

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Now the team is regressing back to the mean, we’ll see what ole is capable of.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Knockers

Did people not watch the match last Sunday and just regurgitate whatever Talksport or whoever say? We could’ve won it 6-0 ourselves.

Today was nowt to £#%&! over but still plenty to jive with. He’s getting a tune out of them all from what I can see. Vamos

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don't come on me mate when you flippantly say standards are standards.

One half of football is not the same as the end result of a two year tenure. You know that and I know you know that yet.

Snapshots: Kane, llorente, ali . Saved with the legs.
Genuine chances: Kane in on the right, ali in on the right, alderwireld from the corner.

United chances: Rashford goal, Pogba lob over lloris
Decent chance: long range effort.

Spurs probably deserved a draw. They pushed us hard. They didn't batter us.

We're chasing fourth. And hey, it doesn't matter what you're chasing. 'Standards are standards' right .... If that was us against palace, you'd be telling us we look tired and shouldn't be shipping 3 at home to Palace etc.

How that 'too much for our players'? Did they lose? Did they bottle or did they not play well for the first time in a month.

If this continues, then we can start to judge. If you're not willing to give the benefit of the doubt and a little wiggle room to a group that has played one bad half after winning 6 in a row, I think that's pretty Damn harsh

What did we all want from Solskjaer? A Bit of positivity, some nice football and some progress..... since when did we move the goalposts?
I'm not getting into the nuts and bolts of breaking down every £#%&!ing shot spurs had with our goal at their mercy ffs.

If you can't, as a someone who's been watching football all your life, sit there and look at parts of performances and say "that's not even remotely good enough" then i don't know what to say.

It's nice that we've won, don't get me wrong. But i'm not gonna sit here and smack my fins together after that performance, especially considering we've already flushed the whole season down the khazi. They were dreadful against Reading, they were dreadful 2nd half v Spurs and they were dreadful for the majority of the game today against Brighton.

As i said, which one of our forwards are in form besides rashford? Who looks like scoring? Nobody. And our defence is just a £#%&!ing comic tragedy of shakespearean proportions.

The first defeat is coming because the performances are getting progressively worse. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Arsenal give us a hiding next Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Now the team is regressing back to the mean, we’ll see what ole is capable of.
oh look, some sense.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:45 PM
Clownbones

Are we all pretending we'd have played that well in the first half under Jose too?

It was far from perfect, but the intensity, work rate, speed and numbers just wasn't there under Jose. Rashford doesn't score that goal under Jose.

Regressing back to mean

Seems like some can't wait to see the first cracks in the month just to say 'I told you so' on behalf of Jose.

The fact we are even annoyed at that performance, rather than completely numb and accustomed to it, shows how much we've done.

7 consecutive wins, 19 scored, 4 conceded... all in month. One £#%&!ing month

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Are we all pretending we'd have played that well in the first half under Jose too?

It was far from perfect, but the intensity, work rate, speed and numbers just wasn't there under Jose. Rashford doesn't score that goal under Jose.

Regressing back to mean

Seems like some can't wait to see the first cracks in the month just to say 'I told you so' on behalf of Jose.

The fact we are even annoyed at that performance, rather than completely numb and accustomed to it, shows how much we've done.

Nobody has said anything remotely like that.

Don't start that shit

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:50 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:

Regressing back to mean

Not good enough! I want all of that but in 2weeks not 1month

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:55 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I'm not getting into the nuts and bolts of breaking down every £#%&!ing shot spurs had with our goal at their mercy ffs.

If you can't, as a someone who's been watching football all your life, sit there and look at parts of performances and say "that's not even remotely good enough" then i don't know what to say.

It's nice that we've won, don't get me wrong. But i'm not gonna sit here and smack my fins together after that performance, especially considering we've already flushed the whole season down the khazi. They were dreadful against Reading, they were dreadful 2nd half v Spurs and they were dreadful for the majority of the game today against Brighton.

As i said, which one of our forwards are in form besides rashford? Who looks like scoring? Nobody. And our defence is just a £#%&!ing comic tragedy of shakespearean proportions.

The first defeat is coming because the performances are getting progressively worse. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Arsenal give us a hiding next Friday.

oh look, some sense.
The idea of specifying the spurs chances was an attempt to bring some context to this notion that we were battered at Spurs.... but that's a side point really.

Back to today.. .

Who is saying the performance is good enough?

Nobody is smacking their fins at the performance.

The performance is being put into context of six previous games and performances.

As someone who has been watching football all his life, I'm surprised you are so reactionary to a teams performance dropping in either half of football over 7 matches. I wasn't surprised at all by today. It appears you were.

Do you not expect the performance level to drop at all? Especially from a team sat in 6th and shot to bits when it started to improve?

Who else looks like scoring? Rashford has 5 goals of 19 scored under Ole.

To be more specific, Pogba looks like scoring every week. Lukaku has 3 in 5 after 1 start.

We've scored two or more in 6 of the 7 matches.

The stats really don't back up that argument.

Quote:
Nobody has said anything remotely like that.

Don't start that shit
Yes they have actually.

Dodger said we're regressing to mean. I'm assuming that means today. The first half was part of today.

And you agreed with him.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
The idea of specifying the spurs chances was an attempt to bring some context to this notion that we were battered at Spurs.... but that's a side point really.

Back to today.. .

Who is saying the performance is good enough?

Nobody is smacking their fins at the performance.

The performance is being put into context of six previous games and performances.

As someone who has been watching football all his life, I'm surprised you are so reactionary to a teams performance dropping in either half of football over 7 matches. I wasn't surprised at all by today. It appears you were.

Do you not expect the performance level to drop at all? Especially from a team sat in 6th and shot to bits when it started to improve?

Who else looks like scoring? Rashford has 5 goals of 19 scored under Ole.

To be more specific, Pogba looks like scoring every week. Lukaku has 3 in 5 after 1 start.

We've scored two or more in 6 of the 7 matches.

The stats really don't back up that argument.

Yes they have actually.

Dodger said we're regressing to mean. I'm assuming that means today. The first half was part of today.

And you agreed with him.
Arsenal are gonna beat us next Friday. Handsomely and it will have been coming.

I'll leave it there because i'm eating a lovely NY Deli style sandwich and it's delicious.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Heard a number of ITK on shows etc saying the fitness issue is down to Jose and his training/style of play this season. I can't remember the stat but under him this season we did £#%&! all closing down which has totally changed under Ole.
So the players are actually being asked to run around now and because they’ve spent the best part of 3 years not bothering they’re now £#%&!ed from any sort of actual pressing in games?!

£#%&!ing great!

Hopefully it doesn’t take them long to get to grips with the fitness issues because we can’t play like we did in the last 20 and not expect to get done by the better teams tbf?

Also think that the lack of quality in the squad is on show with the little rotation we’ve seen and impact the bench makes.