Yep, time to go 85 32.08%
Nah, need to keep the faith 180 67.92%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2015, 09:58 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Hopefully some good comes from this and lvg realises that tony is shit and Jones and smelling are not good enough long term.

I'd love to see fellaini £#%&!ed off as well obv.

Utd were actually playing football until Herrera went off.
Why would he though? Not like they have all been having stellar seasons. The evidence has been in front of his eyes all season. Same with Fellaini, whi hasn't necessarily been awful but is an example of the kind of pragmatic, get a job done player Van Gaal seems to fancy.

Agree about Herrera. Ridiculous sub to make.

This article is depressingly close to the bone http://www.theguardian.com/football/...te-one-arsenal

This bit

Quote:
This slightly baffling United, a team that remains Manchester United in every aspect – shirt, stadium, fans, – but which continues to play like Howard Wilkinson-era Leeds United with a lingering hangover.

Unread 10-03-2015, 09:59 AM
Szekely

They're not the face of Manchester United any more than Brian mcclair, john o shea or nicky butt used to be.

The difference is they were squad players. I don't mind smalling being back up to quality. He should never be first choice though.

Unread 10-03-2015, 09:59 AM
macawber

Enough moaning, most of us could pick a better system than the boring idiot now in charge, what I want to know from his supporters (anyone who wants to give the @#%&! another year even if we finish outside the top 4) what it is they see to convince them he is the right manager for us?

Anything at all, what convinces you that he will do anything but demoralise players, play people out of position, not pick anyone remotely attacking or who may have a brain of their own? What is it because I just cannot see it ... even Sexton had a plan.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:00 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I wasn't shocked by the result last night in the slightest we won't make top four - we're just not good enough or consistent enough. Liverpool will finish above us.

That said, i'd still give him another year to see if he can get it right.
Pretty much where I'm at.

Another summer to sort shit out.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:01 AM
92ToBury

What a night to be betwetting. We finally play some football at pace and show some passion and instead of ass-twitching we get some @#%&!s on here bladder twitching. vs2c. Di Maria looked good last night, Herrera looked on the ball and showed why he must start every game. Fellaini showed himself to be a Plan C. While useful, he shouldn't be our first choice option. We've got Mata on the bench, Januzaj on the bench and this great lummox as our number 10. Young, while promising in parts, still shows he can't do the fundamentals like pass a ball accurately over 10-15 yards. The problem is, who else do you play? Januzaj? I'd love to say yes, but he's been to the Ashley Young school of diving.

Defensively, we need to buy. Right-back and right-side centre-back. Shaw and Rojo are good enough, Smalling is a reserve centre-back and Jones needs to talk to LVG about what role he wants to play and what role he should play. Maybe the long term replacement for Carrick (yeah, yeah, don't laugh, it's just a thought - he was the long-long term replacement for Edwards not so long ago) as the sitting midfielder but until we see how he can pass the ball into the channels regularly it's an easily-dismissed option.

Carrick, while getting no younger, still brings stability and purpose to the midfield. For me. we need him and Herrera to start pretty much every game together to finish top four. I'm sticking with Team Louis. You can't come in and cure what Moyes did in one season. Asking two of the best centre backs we've ever had to think about what Jagielka would have done. Let that sink in while your bed springs rust. These footballers are paid very well but they're still human. Anderson stole a week what a good accountant takes home a year but no £#%&!er will pay to watch someone balance £4bn to the penny. It's the way of the world. Van Gaal is turning the corner and to wet the bed after an improved performance like that is pathetic. Two defensive errors and some bad refereeing cost us, not Van Gaal. Man up or £#%&! off and watch Chelsea.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Szekely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

What a night to be betwetting. We finally play some football at pace and show some passion and instead of ass-twitching we get some @#%&!s on here bladder twitching. vs2c. Di Maria looked good last night, Herrera looked on the ball and showed why he must start every game. Fellaini showed himself to be a Plan C. While useful, he shouldn't be our first choice option. We've got Mata on the bench, Januzaj on the bench and this great lummox as our number 10. Young, while promising in parts, still shows he can't do the fundamentals like pass a ball accurately over 10-15 yards. The problem is, who else do you play? Januzaj? I'd love to say yes, but he's been to the Ashley Young school of diving.

Defensively, we need to buy. Right-back and right-side centre-back. Shaw and Rojo are good enough, Smalling is a reserve centre-back and Jones needs to talk to LVG about what role he wants to play and what role he should play. Maybe the long term replacement for Carrick (yeah, yeah, don't laugh, it's just a thought - he was the long-long term replacement for Edwards not so long ago) as the sitting midfielder but until we see how he can pass the ball into the channels regularly it's an easily-dismissed option.

Carrick, while getting no younger, still brings stability and purpose to the midfield. For me. we need him and Herrera to start pretty much every game together to finish top four. I'm sticking with Team Louis. You can't come in and cure what Moyes did in one season. Asking two of the best centre backs we've ever had to think about what Jagielka would have done. Let that sink in while your bed springs rust. These footballers are paid very well but they're still human. Anderson stole a week what a good accountant takes home a year but no £#%&!er will pay to watch someone balance £4bn to the penny. It's the way of the world. Van Gaal is turning the corner and to wet the bed after an improved performance like that is pathetic. Two defensive errors and some bad refereeing cost us, not Van Gaal. Man up or £#%&! off and watch Chelsea.

oh here we go. The 'man up' brigade are here. As if questioning a football coaches decisions is somehow a reflection of a lack of masculinity.

man up? lighten up.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:11 AM
barca99

I very much doubt LvG ordered Valencia to play a dodgy pass back and told Di Maria to get sent off

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:14 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
I very much doubt LvG ordered Valencia to play a dodgy pass back and told Di Maria to get sent off
It makes as much sense as some of his other decisions.

Fellaini ffs. Still Fellaini.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:15 AM
macawber

Quote:

OK genius lets look at some of YOUR statements shall we;

Herrera "looked on the ball", hmm why did the manager you so want to keep take him off at half time then?

We need to buy a right back, hmmm to replace the attacking one we have? Oh of course he doesnt exist because he may do something out of the ordinary, like run at pace and defend unlike the ahem 'winger' the manager keeps picking.

The only valid point you make is about Fellaini playing, nothing else in your post suggests you have ever been to a football match no accompanied by your uncle Louis, who is turning the corner ... what £#%&!ing corner he is headed up a 'blind' pun intended alley. Open your eyes, dont criticise the team in public but FFS this is a United forum and it will not detract from your top redness to tell the truth. It was last night and is £#%&!ing awful!

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:19 AM
believe

Sexton reds have has a quiet season tbf. it's about time they stood forward and showed their undying support for the cardies.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Desperately attempt to fit in with the anti-bedwetter lot on here. And failing. Even went to Google Images to show his solidarity. :shakehead:

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:24 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Desperately attempt to fit in with the anti-bedwetter lot on here. And failing. Even went to Google Images to show his solidarity. :shakehead:
Beats fitting in with the bedwetters. I've stood on the Stretford End through worse than this.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Stupid to support lvg just for the sake of supporting him.

Support him if you believe he can turn it around.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:27 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

Well, see that's the problem. I thought he would, now I wonder if anyone can.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well, see that's the problem. I thought he would, now I wonder if anyone can.
My biggest fear is that he's too old and conservative now.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:35 AM
marlo

Quote:
My biggest fear is that he's too old and conservative now.
we have never got along but and not that you care but I'm impressed with the fact you can actually be rational and see things for what they are.

some are embarrassing and justifying lvg's horror show.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:36 AM
believe

Quote:

You'd think people learned their lessons from last seasons debacle. Desperate to not become one of "them" clubs despite being one of "them" clubs for the last twenty years, albeit with the same manager.

The same #@&%!s who went of for twenty years saying we weren't one them spending clubs despite being one the biggest spenders in the league (Europe), then failed to pipe up when we spend 150 million in the pre-season because it's all now part and parcel of the game, despite it being part and parcel of the game for twenty years. #@&%!s.

#@&%!s everywhere.

At least this time round the divide isn't as split or even as fierce because the vast majority of sane football fans have realised this is the game of the modern era and no romantical bullshit will change that.

I'd give van Gaal another 150 million and another year but if we're not top in September then £#%&! him off.

edit: why have fuzzy and marlo never got on?

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we have never got along but and not that you care but I'm impressed with the fact you can actually be rational and see things for what they are.

some are embarrassing and justifying lvg's horror show.
Ebony and ivory pal.

We can make this work.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Ebony and ivory pal.

We can make this work.
just worked out why you don't get on.

Unread 10-03-2015, 10:43 AM
elephantstone

Quote: