United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Fat Al

Default Any collectors out there?

Anyone here collect 'things'?

Stamps, coins, antique china?

Not anything football related as I expect there are a fair few of you on here that collect that.

(I'm sure I remember this being asked before but I've searched & can't find the thread).

I've been long wanting to start collecting something, I need a hobby/interest. I've got some things in mind but I am curious to see what other Fredsters obsess over.

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Ethers

Sudored collects something quite interesting, can't remember exactly what it was now though. Will come to me later.

Edit - Restraining orders, that was it.

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Poop

Have close to nine grand of movie statues, busts, etc.

Bought a life size Hellraiser/Pinhead bust the other day. Nine hundred quid

Have a five hundred quid He-Man statue currently MIA somewhere in Hong Kong too, thank you very much UP f***ing S. And I bought a dirty Elvira one too the other day. She was close to three hundred. Have about forty of them in total and need to build a new room to house them all.

It's all limited edition shit so it doubles and trebles in value and I can try to fob it off as an investment when people laugh at me.

And it keeps me off the streets I suppose.

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop

Have a five hundred quid He-Man statue currently MIA somewhere in Hong Kong too, thank you very much UP f***ing S. And I bought a dirty Elvira one too the other day. She was close to three hundred. Have about forty of them in total and need to build a new room to house them all.

It's all limited edition shit so it doubles and trebles in value and I can try to fob it off as an investment when people laugh at me.

See, this is what I'm talking about. I get a Loot Crate every month which has collectible geek shit in it but i was thinking of summat a bit more. You get no control over what is in the crate so I want to start collecting something that i can choose exactly what I go for.
For some reason, I like the look of military medals. Although I think it is kind of sad that they are not in the hands of the original recipient, or their descendants.

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:48 PM
tatty

I've collected Models of Yesteryear (Matchbox die-casts) since I was a little boy in primary school.

As I got older I could afford some of the rarer ones I dreamed about as a kid but strangely they don't give me nearly as much pleasure as the ones I saved up my pocket money for.

Unread 12-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop

Do a thread on it so we can all cash in on these delightful artefacts.

Unread 12-11-2016, 11:13 PM
Poop

When I have them all in that new room I might arrange them into oh-so hilarious sexual positions and post them for your amusement.

Think I already posted close-up shots of Jessica Rabbits tits and Jason Vorhees with his pants pulled down.

Unread 12-11-2016, 11:24 PM
TravellingRed

Vinyl. Nothing valuable I don't think but it's a useful collection in that I can listen to it. I recently rescued my Star Wars collection of toys from my mam and dads loft after seeing what it is fetching. Got an R2D2 from ROTJ worth over 100, a Han Solo in carbonite worth around the same and a few other valuable figures and ships. I haven't collected them though since I was about 6 tbf.

Unread 13-11-2016, 12:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Do a thread on it so we can all cash in on these delightful artefacts.
this.

I collect records & random film/cult/trash/rock n roll related stuff.

Started to collect those vinyl Pop figures recently. Nothing specific, just the ones I thought were cool

Utter waste of money I guess but I've always bought tat like that since I was a kid.

Unread 13-11-2016, 01:06 PM
puressence

I have a penny black
Closed Thread