United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Grandadanne

Default Book collectors

Last edited by Grandadanne; 06-08-2016 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Halfwit internet loon

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandadanne
Any particular Genre or Author.

Do you collect for fun or for profit.

As for me it`s anything I can make a profit on,any rare titles especially W E Johns,Biggles,science fiction etc.

kinda makes an extra income for me.

It can be quite lucrative.

Anyone else into it.
Not really. I like to read but don't collect

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Buck

As part of my studies I got access to various scientific journals and volumes. It was fascinating just to see the evolution of science and mathematics over time. As part of my research I do collect but it's as much of self-interest and curiosity as much as work.

As for leisurely reading - H.G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Douglas Adams and Henning Mankell are my favorites. I am a massive fan of crime/mystery/detective novels.

The library is my first port of call though. When they put their old stuff up for public sale (usually for pennies) I get stuck in. You find some great old stories which the copy has rutted away for years at the back of shelves.

However mine has faced severe cuts and closing down isn't far away

Last edited by Buck; 05-08-2016 at 11:33 PM.

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:33 PM
Grandadanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
As part of my studies I got access to various scientific journals and volumes. It was fascinating just to see the evolution of science and mathematics over time. As part of my research I do collect but it's as much of self-interest and curiosity as much as work.

As for leisurely reading - H.G. Wells, Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, Douglas Adams and Henning Mankell are my favorites. I am a massive fan of crime/mystery/detective novels.

The library is my first port of call though. However mine has faced severe cuts and closing down isn't far away
Bastards. closing down public libraries is one step away form total ignorance.

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:39 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:47 PM
wiganste

This may be the better of the 2 threads tbf.

I thought I was being a clever c*** replying with the same thing on both threads. Maybe the cider is making me think I'm funnier than I actually am?

Unread 05-08-2016, 11:48 PM
Grandadanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
f***in Ardwick education in the 50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
This may be the better of the 2 threads tbf.

I thought I was being a clever c*** replying with the same thing on both threads. Maybe the cider is making me think I'm funnier than I actually am?
No you`re funny alright Lad I`m just lost with too much modern wizard electronic magic.

Unread 06-08-2016, 12:03 AM
Buck

Quote:
Spot on. It's a sad indictment that the way to entice people to walk through the door is free wifi.
Closed Thread