United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:42 PM
redmike

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (QUARTER FINALS match day 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Their tactics are very scouse.
Yes tactically they remind me a lot of liverpool, always playing the long ball up to torres,and bypassing iniesta and xavi.

If spain remind me of any club side in the way they play it would be barcelona.

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (QUARTER FINALS match day 2) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Yes tactically they remind me a lot of liverpool, always playing the long ball up to torres,and bypassing iniesta and xavi.

Well they would do, that team out there at one point in the game was basically just Barcelona apart from Casillas, Ramos and Capdevila.

(Fabregas is a good as Barca's anway )

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:52 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Jonathan Pearce what a tedious @#%&! - carrying on like he's got some special insight into the pronounciation of the Spanish players. And why does he have to say Xabi Alonso every time what's wrong with just Alonso? Far too fond of the sound of his own voice.
not forgetting endless blather about 'chavvy' and iniesta.

I thought he was going to start crying tonight when spain weren't passing it round in neat little triangles. he should £#%&! off back to channel 5, that was about his level.

Unread 03-07-2010, 09:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Come on Germany ffs, I hope they murder the diving, whining @#%&!s.
word

Unread 03-07-2010, 10:03 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

This German side has been great to watch, hope they go all the way tbh (unless they play Diego )

Unread 03-07-2010, 10:06 PM
denis lawless

i dont care who wins..... as long as it isnt germany, spain or holland

Unread 03-07-2010, 10:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike

Not what I meant. Of course they don't just lump it forward in time honoured, scouse, tradition. But they do seem to concentrate on excluding the opposition from the game first and foremost, and are incredibly cynical in their efforts to prevent the opposition playing and to maintain possession for themselves, cynical, niggly fouls and lots of easy falling over and diving to win freekicks. Playing on the referee all the time, pressuring him. Notice how often Spain end up against 10 men and how often the scouse @#%&!s do the same.

It's how Liverpool try to play against smaller sides, and then, once 1-0 up, they just prevent the opposition getting the ball and kill the game off, invariably.

The way Spain do it is mesmerising, in terms of the way they move and move the ball around, but it can still be as £#%&!ing boring as what Liverpool do/did.

IMO of course.

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
i wish shearer would £#%&! off and manage newcastle again, i'm sick of listening to the piss-stinky @#%&!.
He can't do that, then he'll show himself up to being the know nothing tactically inept billy no mates that we all know him to be instead of the saviour of the Geordies as he thinks himself to be.

Unread 04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not what I meant. Of course they don't just lump it forward in time honoured, scouse, tradition. But they do seem to concentrate on excluding the opposition from the game first and foremost, and are incredibly cynical in their efforts to prevent the opposition playing and to maintain possession for themselves, cynical, niggly fouls and lots of easy falling over and diving to win freekicks. Playing on the referee all the time, pressuring him. Notice how often Spain end up against 10 men and how often the scouse @#%&!s do the same.

It's how Liverpool try to play against smaller sides, and then, once 1-0 up, they just prevent the opposition getting the ball and kill the game off, invariably.

The way Spain do it is mesmerising, in terms of the way they move and move the ball around, but it can still be as £#%&!ing boring as what Liverpool do/did.

IMO of course.
I can see where you're coming from, and i suppose spain can be a little boring in terms of over passing the ball, and are a pain in the arse when they surround the ref everytime when even the mildest of challenges come in.

But i always love watching the patient way in which they break down even the strongest of defences, with those two little geniuses Xavi and Iniesta at the heart of it with their passing and movement.

Unread 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Hope so too but I can't help but think the spanish will win 1 or 2-0.
Could be a great game with Germany hitting them on the counter but it all could depend on who replaces Muller.

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

bbc pundit team was funny yesterday. three of them all spinning the usual %@#$&!s about how the germans haven't been tested yet. and one, clarence seedorf, matter-of-factly pointing out that they have been tested in the 2nd rd by england and that you'd want to be a proper £#%&!wit not to recognise the fact that beating england meant that they'd not only been tested but that they'd passed the test

he mentioned it in passing after the 4-0 rout of argentina was complete - "as i said before the game, they have already been tested by england so you shouldn't be surprised..." or somesuch - but again, the robots trotting out their stock lines about how england weren't good enough to test them just carried on regardless, reinforcing their short-cut-to-thinking by talking about how argentina, superb in the competition up til then, aren't very good :-}

the other thing i noticed yesterday was how when the germans gave away a corner just by safety first knocking the ball out by the side of the goal one of their players just trotted over and knocked the ball back onto the pitch into the penalty area. so natural. so simple.

Unread 04-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

meant to say as well found myself drifting off to 1994 watching the germans at times in that 2nd half yesterday. some of that matador passing they were at at one point was straight off selhurst park, 3-0, FA Cup 5th rd.

or even Turin away, 1999.

high praise indeed.

football is so simple - and timeless - when it's done well.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Baron

Germany were £#%&!ing ecellent, & I hope they go on to win it, as they've comfortably played the best football in the tournament & in Ozil have the player of the tournament.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Sullingtons

The Germans have been £#%&!ing excellent in this tournament - both on and off the pitch. Great professionals whilst not too precious to have a dig/joke.

Hope they win tbh.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:31 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
in Ozil have the player of the tournament.
He's not even the best player in their team.

He's done well but Mueller and Schweinsteiger have both impressed more than him.

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
He's not even the best player in their team.

He's done well but Mueller and Schweinsteiger have both impressed more than him.
Mueller has been excellent given his goal scoring, but his passing & tactical discipline in comparison to Ozil isn't there. He's been a great fit for that role on the right of Klose though & to score 4 at the World Cup as a 20 year old is unreal. Schweinsteiger crapped all over Messi in the game just gone, & got forward, can't believe the kid that once played right wing for Bayern & Germany is now a midfield powerhouse. He's got the lot.

Keep an eye on Kroos, the kid that came on for Khedira - owned by Bayern, been at Leverkusen the last season & is class as well. They're going to be some side in even 2 years given the experience they'll have accumulated after this tournament, Bayern getting to CL finals etc.

Oh, & Tevez was £#%&!ing shit. Got in Messi's space, was slow, shit touch. Aguero & Milito must have been seething on the bench watching him for an hour.

Unread 05-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Mueller has been excellent given his goal scoring, but his passing & tactical discipline in comparison to Ozil isn't there. He's been a great fit for that role on the right of Klose though & to score 4 at the World Cup as a 20 year old is unreal. Schweinsteiger crapped all over Messi in the game just gone, & got forward, can't believe the kid that once played right wing for Bayern & Germany is now a midfield powerhouse. He's got the lot.

Keep an eye on Kroos, the kid that came on for Khedira - owned by Bayern, been at Leverkusen the last season & is class as well. They're going to be some side in even 2 years given the experience they'll have accumulated after this tournament, Bayern getting to CL finals etc.

Oh, & Tevez was £#%&!ing shit. Got in Messi's space, was slow, shit touch. Aguero & Milito must have been seething on the bench watching him for an hour.
yep that's pretty fair imo - and that's without even mentioning Podolski who's had a superb tournament so far.

bayern's star has been rising for a few years now and when they are at the top so is german football. they've passed the test of england and argentina and done it well. spain will be a big psychological test as much as anything, with recent history of the euros and of barcelona's lucky CL win over bayern to deal with, but here's hoping they batter the £#%&!ers

Unread 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yep that's pretty fair imo - and that's without even mentioning Podolski who's had a superb tournament so far.

bayern's star has been rising for a few years now and when they are at the top so is german football. they've passed the test of england and argentina and done it well. spain will be a big psychological test as much as anything, with recent history of the euros and of barcelona's lucky CL win over bayern to deal with, but here's hoping they batter the £#%&!ers
ffs

I know you've always been a bit of a Bayern sympathiser, but they got hammered.

Lot of credit must go to van Gaal for Schweinsteiger's change in position.

Unread 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Mueller has been excellent given his goal scoring, but his passing & tactical discipline in comparison to Ozil isn't there.
couldn't agree less with that bit. ozil has been great, very creative and a real threat, but mueller and podolski's tactical intelligence has stood out. they've given a masterclass in how to play the role of widish support striker - both sides of a three.

Unread 05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
ffs

I know you've always been a bit of a Bayern sympathiser, but they got hammered.

Lot of credit must go to van Gaal for Schweinsteiger's change in position.
they certainly came second, i agree

nah you're right it was humiliating, especially seeing how well bayern have done in the past at the two spanish giants

there were squeaks for bayern in that game though and especially in the 2nd leg. tbf though messi could've made the 1st leg even more embarrassing iirc

schweinsteiger has grown up and become a smart team player. i doubt too many top class sides have ever allowed him to dribble into the box like the malvinas did the other day
Closed Thread