United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default The Daily Tevez Thread.

So it's all off to the High Court then. I do look forward to West Ham explaining in our highest court, how they loaned a player from MSI and then without paying any money, magically gained ownership of that player merely by tearing up the loan agreement. Judges probbly don't get to laugh too much, it'll be a nice case for one of them.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I think by this time next week, Carly Tevez will be a Manchester United player.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:11 AM
koppas

The way I see it is, Kia wouldn't be taking them to court if they aren't in the wrong and he has a chance of losing/being the party in the wrong.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:16 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
The way I see it is, Kia wouldn't be taking them to court if they aren't in the wrong and he has a chance of losing/being the party in the wrong.
Yup, just wonder why he didn't do this 6 weeks ago. Presume he was telling the truth when he suggested that WHU were saying differing things publicly and privately. Seems he's finally got completely sick of it.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:22 AM
koppas

To be fair to him, he probably gave West Ham the chance to sort this out without taking them to court, they have taken the piss so he will now give them what for.

If, as reported, we spend £30m on him, will he be OUR player with no involvement from MSI?

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyone seen this interview with Eggert from a West Ham supporters website in March before :-

http://www.kumb.com/qa.php?id=11%22

Particular attention might be paid to this bit around the middle :-

KUMB: The player that most supporters have been talking about this year is Carlos Tevez, a success in a season where there's been so little to cheer. He's a traditional sort of West Ham player ...

EM: And now he's started to score goals ... [laughs]

KUMB: Which is a bonus! If we stay up - is there any chance he might stay?

EM: Yeah, of course there's a chance but as I've said in the press before, it's not up to me because West Ham don't own the rights to Tevez.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:23 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Anyone seen this interview with Eggert from a West Ham supporters website in March before :-

KUMB: The player that most supporters have been talking about this year is Carlos Tevez, a success in a season where there's been so little to cheer. He's a traditional sort of West Ham player ...

EM: Yeah, of course there's a chance but as I've said in the press before, it's not up to me because West Ham don't own the rights to Tevez.

He also told a Swedish newspaper he thinks he will leave.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:24 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
To be fair to him, he probably gave West Ham the chance to sort this out without taking them to court, they have taken the piss so he will now give them what for.

If, as reported, we spend £30m on him, will he be OUR player with no involvement from MSI?

I don't even know where that £30million is coming from? Last I heard the deal was similar to the dippers Mascherano one. Loan for 2 years at £6-8 million a year followed by an option to buy.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:25 AM
sharath

The more I think of it, I feel west ham probably are in a bit of right side.

Talking to one of the "fellas", I realise that tevez agreed a 4 year contract at west ham.

Now now, I am not suggesting he becomes a west ham player fully. but at least west ham have or should have a say in what happens during 4 years.

You take a home on lease for 4 years. it doesn't become your own but the owner can't force you out after just 1 year. You have every right to say I won't leave the home for 4 years. If he does I am entitled to compensation.

Of course there is a side note, where MSI said they can move him on whenever they want in whichever window. Is that bit enforcable in english law and premier league rules? I don't think so.

I still don't see tevez coming here unless west ham agree ( probably by us giving them a sweetener ).

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:27 AM
TheNew

Heard Curbishley on the radio earlier... 'as everyone knows he's our player, so there's a chance he could come back....'

yeah right Alan. That's what everyone knows.

Horrible, corrupt little cockney £#%&!ers. If only we'd done our job on the last day of the season like we should have.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath

Talking to one of the "fellas", I realise that tevez agreed a 4 year contract at west ham.

Now now, I am not suggesting he becomes a west ham player fully. but at least west ham have or should have a say in what happens during 4 years.

You take a home on lease for 4 years. it doesn't become your own but the owner can't force you out after just 1 year. You have every right to say I won't leave the home for 4 years. If he does I am entitled to compensation.

Of course there is a side note, where MSI said they can move him on whenever they want in whichever window. Is that bit enforcable in english law and premier league rules? I don't think so.

I still don't see tevez coming here unless west ham agree ( probably by us giving them a sweetener ).
You are totally missing the point, West Ham claim they tore up that 4 year deal. The only thing they currently have is his player registration with the PL. That's why MSI are so angry about their unwillingness to release it and that's why it's going to court.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:28 AM
Manchester

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

£#%&!ing hell, you've stumbled across something there eh

Would be nice to get this little snippet out to the press to see what they will make of it.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:32 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath

That's not quite true though is it? The 4 year deal originally had the clause in it that he could leave after 12months. That part of the contract was torn up by WHU without MSI's permission. Originally it was seen as a way of parking Kia's two best players at West Ham until he completed his takeover. That didn't happen but that doesn't mean WHU could terminate the third party clause and 'take' the player for themselves.

He won't be at West Ham next year. With the Hamemrs in talks for Gudjohnsen, Ashton returning and Bellamy signed they are getting rid.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:38 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
That's not quite true though is it? The 4 year deal originally had the clause in it that he could leave after 12months. That part of the contract was torn up by WHU without MSI's permission. Originally it was seen as a way of parking Kia's two best players at West Ham until he completed his takeover. That didn't happen but that doesn't mean WHU could terminate the third party clause and 'take' the player for themselves.

He won't be at West Ham next year. With the Hamemrs in talks for Gudjohnsen, Ashton returning and Bellamy signed they are getting rid.
what west ham's argument will be in court is, that clause is un-enforcable in english law and premiership. so its a void clause of a contract ripped apart.

Did you hear schudamore yesterday?

he basically said, premiership gave 3 options to west ham. one not to play tevez, other to buy tevez outright and another one was what we have today. he said west ham choose the difficult option and its west ham responsibilty.

slimey little @#%&!.

another one of the rumours I have heard why kia didn't want to go to court of arbitration is the decision is binding on everyone. they can't appeal and question the reasoning behind the decision. eggert has a lot of influence in footballing world.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Whalefish

They've caused themselves too many problems (WHU). I will be amazed if he's a West Ham player come the end of August. Their chairman, for all his 'supposed' influence (ex chairman of Iceland's FA etc), has admitted as much already.

They, and the PL, want this swept under a very large carpet asap and both to be let off the hook. Which I suspect they might just get.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
They've caused themselves too many problems (WHU). I will be amazed if he's a West Ham player come the end of August. Their chairman, for all his 'supposed' influence (ex chairman of Iceland's FA etc), has admitted as much already.

They, and the PL, want this swept under a very large carpet asap and both to be let off the hook. Which I suspect they might just get.
I can't see how it can get swept under the carpet in the High Court. Any ruling against them will be public record and I imagine Shef U will use the evidence that comes out for a future lawsuit.

Whatever happens he's done at West Ham, there's no way he's going back there.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:48 AM
koppas

Quote:

He would do a Hooijdonk and go on strike. He wouldn't even turn up for training.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

By the way, if that clause is unenforcable in British law, which I doubt, surely the contract would have to be renegotiated rather than one side just negating parts of it without the consent of the other. As to if the clause was in breach of PL rules, which it seemingly was, that has no bearing as we are talking about proper legal issues now, not the arbitrary rules of the PL.

Unread 25-07-2007, 08:53 AM
dunk

As a writ has now been issued, what are the chance that there are meetings between the lawyers of Westam and MSI and there is some kind of confidential out of court settlement?

The Prem have been allowed to wash their hands of it by back heeling it to FIFA who in turn have passed it on, I wouldn't have thought there would be much objection by either to a settlement that allowed this whole business to be put to bed, would there?

Unread 25-07-2007, 10:07 AM
rebelcountyred

Considering scudamore's comments yesterday it is very puzzling as to why westam chose the most obviously dangerous option of the three, the PL are obviously attempting to extricate themselves from this mess and
did joorchabian give his approval of this choice.
Closed Thread