United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-10-2021, 12:21 PM
Patty_b

This shit again

Who gives a £#%&!. We aren't Chelsea. We aren't managed by Tuchel, and based on how Chelsea play I'm more than happy we aren't. £#%&! watching that turgid shite. Had enough of that under the last two 'elite' @#%&!s that managed us.

Back to Rene. Give him a job, don't give him a job. Whatever. Won't make us worse, probably won't make is drastically better. And it's not going to change the minds of the fans that love a good whine at anything and everything.

Unread 13-10-2021, 12:26 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This shit again

Who gives a £#%&!. We aren't Chelsea. We aren't managed by Tuchel, and based on how Chelsea play I'm more than happy we aren't. £#%&! watching that turgid shite. Had enough of that under the last two 'elite' @#%&!s that managed us.

Back to Rene. Give him a job, don't give him a job. Whatever. Won't make us worse, probably won't make is drastically better. And it's not going to change the minds of the fans that love a good whine at anything and everything.
Yep. Done arguing with them.

Unread 13-10-2021, 12:32 PM
silv

Quote:
This shit again

Listen, you can't just throw your toys under the pram because people point to other clubs successes in a short space of time

Unread 13-10-2021, 01:07 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Done arguing with them.

Unread 13-10-2021, 01:31 PM
MUFCOK

This all came about in the media because Paul Parker said we should rehire him..... https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...staff-21822445

Unread 13-10-2021, 02:01 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Listen, you can't just throw your toys under the pram because people point to other clubs successes in a short space of time
It’s like the Spanish Inquiry in here at times

Unread 13-10-2021, 02:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
It’s like the Spanish Inquiry in here at times
I’ll hope my hands up, I didn’t even notice that.

Unread 13-10-2021, 02:06 PM
silv

listen... its all water under the fridge

Unread 13-10-2021, 02:19 PM
AK14

Just berry the hatchet and move on guys.

Unread 13-10-2021, 06:12 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
This shit again

Who gives a £#%&!. We aren't Chelsea. We aren't managed by Tuchel, and based on how Chelsea play I'm more than happy we aren't. £#%&! watching that turgid shite.
Yeah i much prefer our electrifying football tbh

Unread 13-10-2021, 06:47 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Clubs in an almost incomparably different situation to us, but whatever.

Unread 13-10-2021, 07:23 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Explain the differences please

Unread 13-10-2021, 09:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Explain the differences please
Their owner wants to be number 1 whereas ours only want top 4. Of course, with the money we have invested, we should still be mounting serious challenges for the big two pots regardless. You can’t say that though or you’re verging on being a Glazer apologist.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:06 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
They were underperforming last season under an inadequate and under qualified manager. An inadequate under qualified manager who was a former player, appointed to the job on sentiment.

The parallels couldn't be any more obvious.

Unread 13-10-2021, 10:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Their owner wants to be number 1 whereas ours only want top 4. Of course, with the money we have invested, we should still be mounting serious challenges for the big two pots regardless. You can’t say that though or you’re verging on being a Glazer apologist.
Well that's a pretty big difference in itself, but their having close to unlimited funds does rather help that aspiration.

Unread 13-10-2021, 11:09 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Well that's a pretty big difference in itself, but their having close to unlimited funds does rather help that aspiration.
This is why you spend your money smarter. In my view, we've spent enough over the last few years to be challenging.

Unread 14-10-2021, 07:07 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Bordering on a pathetic excuse for Utd.

There's barely anything in it between Utd and Chelsea since Fergie retired, and Chelsea's net spend is a hell of a lot lower.

Unread 14-10-2021, 08:19 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
This is why you spend your money smarter. In my view, we've spent enough over the last few years to be challenging.
So had Van Gaal and Mourinho but failed in title challenges. They were some way off challenging too and Ole has finished closer than either of them. Both kept Fellaini and other shitstains in the squad. Ole's draining the swamp at a rate that the contracts allow.

The trophies papered over the cracks of the true measure of the squad, a meaningful league campaign. I, like many Reds born in the 70s, grew up on us being a cup side, offering the odd hope of a title challenge here and there,

The big difference will be to see what happens when Woodward isn't involved.

Unread 14-10-2021, 08:44 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
So had Van Gaal and Mourinho but failed in title challenges. They were some way off challenging too and Ole has finished closer than either of them. Both kept Fellaini and other shitstains in the squad. Ole's draining the swamp at a rate that the contracts allow.

The trophies papered over the cracks of the true measure of the squad, a meaningful league campaign. I, like many Reds born in the 70s, grew up on us being a cup side, offering the odd hope of a title challenge here and there,

The big difference will be to see what happens when Woodward isn't involved.
For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not a Van Gaal or Mourinho advocate.

Unread 14-10-2021, 08:49 AM
sweetleftfoot

I know its just a suggestion by Paul Parker in an interview, but I don't think it is that wide of the mark in correcting our issues. Rene Meulensteen is a top, top coach. He is not a manager, his record at trying that proves it.

When he came into United he not only worked with Ferguson and helped the first team to several pots, he was used by Les Kershaw and revolutionised the way the academy taught the kids how to play. He introduced skills coaching and ball manipulation, and put the word development into the vocabulary at the club. The results of that are what we saw from Welbeck onwards - hes not a great example, but still made us £16m.

United graduates all over the Leagues all over the world have great technique, great feet. Pogba, Rashford, Greenwood even Lingard are testament to that. That is down to Rene. The EPPP programme and subsequent FA youth badges use these techniques, leading to England having more technical footballers.

Personally I'd have him coaching our first team over Kieren McKenna and Michael Carrick any day of the week. If we are keeping OGS, which seems to be the way it is, then doing something like this would certainly improve what we have.
Closed Thread