United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 12-10-2021, 06:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
gruden is a top green and gold

In June, the N.F.L. congratulated Nassib after he became the first active N.F.L. player to publicly declare that he is gay. Goodell said he was “proud of Carl for courageously sharing his truth today. Representation matters.”

Privately, Allen and Gruden appeared to have few boundaries in expressing homophobic and transphobic language. In one email from 2015 that includes Droste, McVay and others, Gruden crudely asked Allen to tell Bryan Glazer, whose family owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers where Gruden coached until 2008, to perform oral sex on him. Allen said Glazer would “take you up on that offer.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/s...ruden-say.html

but again... saying he can suck my dick is not homophobic. not his fault it got that response.

Unread 12-10-2021, 07:02 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it doesn't help that most of the media is skirting around the detail, but (without digging).... the only really bad thing I've seen is the lips comment. he can't really be blamed for washington's topless cheerleaders being sent to him (can he? I haven't seen his wowsers in my trousers response ).
Yep, exactly this.

Nice one Ploppers.

Unread 12-10-2021, 07:22 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

but again... saying he can suck my dick is not homophobic. not his fault it got that response.
Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “muppet” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “*****s,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

i think they have alot more on him you know

Unread 12-10-2021, 07:28 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “muppet” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “*****s,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

Isn't this stuff from an FBI raid on the WFT?

DEA sorry, not FBI

Last edited by Fat Al; 12-10-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Unread 12-10-2021, 09:08 PM
jem

Quote:

I actually read that. calling someone a pussy is not misogyny. some of his language is fruity. pressuring someone to draft someone on the basis of his sexual preferences is wrong, no? the tyre lips thing is worse - the rest is just a normal day on fred.

wait. are we the baddies?

Unread 15-10-2021, 06:20 PM
jem

f*** the injury list. why don't we have usable ir slots?

Unread 17-10-2021, 02:38 PM
Fat Al

Anyone got anything other than a big win for the Dolphins today?

Waddle scoring at Spurs .... that's a blast from the past.

Unread 17-10-2021, 04:58 PM
liamb123

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
Bust

Trade for Watson
Twici

Unread 17-10-2021, 05:50 PM
Fat Al

Wow.

Fair f***s to the Jags.

Unread 17-10-2021, 05:54 PM