naes_sean

well this has gone well eh poppy?

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Drexl

So basically alcoholic soup?

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:45 PM
poppy

FFS

Beer - preferably a nice, cold and wet Mexican one. Nothing too flavourful or hoppy - Corona, Dos Equis, Sol, Tecate, Modelo, Pacifico, that sort of thing.

Then make your michelada mix:

1. Clamato: which is basically tomato juice, clam broth, spices
2. Hot sauce like Tapatio or Valentina
3. Worcestershire Sauce
4. Dash of Tabasco
5. Secret blend of herbs and spices

Get a cold glass, wipe a lime around the rim so it's wet, dip the rim in Tajin (basically a chilli & lime salt - available from all good supermarkets).

Squeeze a bit of lime juice in the bottom, add some ice, pour in the michelada mix, pour in the beer, add a few lime segments to the rim. add a straw. Boom! The best drink known to man. Or if you can't be arsed doing all that, buy a can of it.

Unread 07-10-2021, 07:59 PM
Baron

The missus is from San Diego & swears by these, I woke up catastrophically hungover on the morning of my 40th at the in-laws. Was bundled into the back of her brother in laws truck, handed a can of one of these & then kidnapped over the border without explanation to Mexico to get off my pickle on acid.

I still remember the first sip

By the time I'd managed to get through the rest it was a bit of a revelation. Like a pikey Bloody Mary.

The Americans are, frankly, magnificent at the Bloody Mary - but these were basically just the taste of regret in a can. Which eventually you realise you need to get through a few hours in a truck over the border headed toward Tijuana.

Time & a place I guess. Couldn't face one in the daylight of an English autumn.

Unread 08-10-2021, 02:43 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
FFS

Beer - preferably a nice, cold and wet Mexican one. Nothing too flavourful or hoppy - Corona, Dos Equis, Sol, Tecate, Modelo, Pacifico, that sort of thing.

3. Worcestershire Sauce
4. Dash of Tabasco

Get a cold glass, wipe a lime around the rim so it's wet, dip the rim in Tajin (basically a chilli & lime salt - available from all good supermarkets).

Squeeze a bit of lime juice in the bottom, add some ice, pour in the michelada mix, pour in the beer, add a few lime segments to the rim. add a straw. Boom! The best drink known to man. Or if you can't be arsed doing all that, buy a can of it.

https://youtu.be/k5KklZ4Df6A
That sounds disgusting tbh.

Unread 08-10-2021, 04:43 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
FFS

3. Worcestershire Sauce
4. Dash of Tabasco
I'm out.

f***ing pervert.