United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Charity

Unread 18-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Just spoke to one of the cardiology doctors who helped sort me out. I told him that I was raising funds and awareness. He pointed out that machine they used to bring me back to life is the only one in the whole county of Leicestershire, so if someone else had been using it I'd deffo be dead. The cost of the machine is 11 grand less than Boris Johnson's new cushions and wallpaper...the ones he claimed as an 'expense' (and I bet his cushions and wallpaper are f***ing horrible).
The prick cannot even comb his hair, Im sure his cushions stink

seriously though, no fun nailed this: we shouldn't have to depend on charity to save people's lives, it should be a priority

keep on keeping on. you are doing good work

Unread 18-08-2021, 10:27 PM
browser

Quote:
Just spoke to one of the cardiology doctors who helped sort me out. I told him that I was raising funds and awareness. He pointed out that machine they used to bring me back to life is the only one in the whole county of Leicestershire, so if someone else had been using it I'd deffo be dead. The cost of the machine is 11 grand less than Boris Johnson's new cushions and wallpaper...the ones he claimed as an 'expense' (and I bet his cushions and wallpaper are f***ing horrible).
Cor. Always amazes me how our lives hinge on tiny fractions of circumstance, meeting partners or getting a job etc. Rare to see it as evident as this mate.

I hope u had the sense to pop out the room midway through the chat and explain you were just nipping for a fag

Unread 18-08-2021, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
The prick cannot even comb his hair, Im sure his cushions stink
Actually he can perfectly well and sometimes does.

The DELIBERATELY messing his hair up gimmick is long standing, insiders caught him doing it when he was Mayor of London.

Unread 18-08-2021, 11:25 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Actually he can perfectly well and sometimes does.

The DELIBERATELY messing his hair up gimmick is long standing, insiders caught him doing it when he was Mayor of London.
I don't get why people who would tell their own children off for this, and then would vote him in to power

Anyhoo... lets all walk the same distance as sueders as a show of respect to the guy

Unread 29-09-2021, 05:14 PM
suedeshoes

Racked-up 766 miles so far on my staying healthy/fundraising walking about thing. Kin loving it tbf. Feeling really good, discovering loads of new places and great music. Bagged more new trainers which will see me through the colder/shitter weather (Big-up adidas for the gratis Terrex Swift R3).

If anyone on here buys UWS, I've written a piece for the next issue (not the current one that came out at the Villa game, the next one). You should buy the mag and read it. And donate money (Thanks to everyone who has donated. If you still haven't donated, I know it's because you just haven't got round to it, because you're tight or you're busy queuing up panic-buying petrol).

Have a happy #worldheartday lads. Look after yours. You only get one* (*I know you can get another one if you have a transplant but it would be a mither) .

Unread 08-10-2021, 09:13 AM
suedeshoes

Had a stroll around some peaks this week and am up to 810 miles now. The weather's getting fresher but so is my wardrobe so swings and roundabouts. Big-up the doners, my doctors and therapists and Reebok for all of their continuing support.

If you haven't managed to find your wallet yet, you can leave something here when you do. X

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraisi...l-richardson31

Unread Yesterday, 10:27 AM
suedeshoes

Staying near Bakewell for the week and reached 875 miles now lads. Off to Rusholme to visit my daughter, have a curry, then burn it off with a walk to Marple way.

Got cardiology and neurology reviews coming up.
Everything seems to be going well so hopefully they'll confirm it.

I can't remember the name of the appropriate thread (brain injury innit) but double-layered socks are the best invention since pickled onion Monster Munch.

Thanks for the continuing support. 👍🏼

Unread Yesterday, 10:35 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Staying near Bakewell for the week and reached 875 miles now lads. Off to Rusholme to visit my daughter, have a curry, then burn it off with a walk to Marple way.

Got cardiology and neurology reviews coming up.
Everything seems to be going well so hopefully they'll confirm it.

I can't remember the name of the appropriate thread (brain injury innit) but double-layered socks are the best invention since pickled onion Monster Munch.

Thanks for the continuing support. 👍🏼

Unread Yesterday, 11:20 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Had a stroll around some peaks this week and am up to 810 miles now. The weather's getting fresher but so is my wardrobe so swings and roundabouts. Big-up the doners, my doctors and therapists and Reebok for all of their continuing support...
You still couldn't get your mouse to stroll across to the green 'add to reputation button' on Fred though, could you

Unread Yesterday, 11:46 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
You still couldn't get your mouse to stroll across to the green 'add to reputation button' on Fred though, could you
I can. It may just take a while. Brain injury innit. X