United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:59 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Now the team is regressing back to the mean, we’ll see what ole is capable of.
One can only assume Woodward gave the half time team talk today. Pleased for you.

Unread 19-01-2019, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

Well we aren't scoring quite as many goals in the last few games, that's undeniable. I am happy with how OGS is doing despite that, further tests to come.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well we aren't scoring quite as many goals in the last few games, that's undeniable. I am happy with how OGS is doing despite that, further tests to come.
The last two before today were tougher than the ones before.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:03 PM
MagnificentSeven

not at our best today, but title winning sides have had games where they've won by only narrowly managing to beat shite and not been at their best. we had plenty of games like that in fergie's last season, for example. we can't just blitz every team every week, that's not how football works. and as we all knew, our defence were never going to lose their collective #@&%!ation just because jose went.

but still, five consecutive league wins on the bounce though, six altogether. the phoenix continues to rise.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Arsenal are gonna beat us next Friday. Handsomely and it will have been coming.

I'll leave it there because i'm eating a lovely NY Deli style sandwich and it's delicious.
Like you insisted spurs would last week?....

Arsenal beating us changes absolutely nothing about any points I've made.

We may well lose there. It's a tough fixture.

Enjoy your Sarnie

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:05 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

I'll leave it there because i'm eating a lovely NY Deli style sandwich and it's delicious.
It's not a lovely one, everyone else's is better, everyone else is enjoying theirs more and yours is going to give you the shits.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:06 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
1-0 and 2-1 is something I can take at this stage of the season.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:22 PM
Coracao

Thought we waited too long to make changes today. We lost the grip on the game second half.

Bin Lukaku off and get a couple of good options in the final third, we need more if we want to press teams with intensity. Same can be said for the midfield.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:25 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
What did we all want from Solskjaer? A Bit of positivity, some nice football and some progress..... since when did we move the goalposts?
Not a clue mate

The joy thieves are always going to moan and £#%&!ing moan then moan some more

TBH if seven on the bounce can't put a smile on your face without defaulting to bellyaching and sniping then wtf ? .

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thought we waited too long to make changes today. We lost the grip on the game second half.

Bin Lukaku off and get a couple of good options in the final third, we need more if we want to press teams with intensity. Same can be said for the midfield.
We lack options in there when we need to change it up.

I like the set up of those front six, but we play with so much intensity early on now, that it would be nice to have some good back up to rely on.

Unfortunately; Fred, Mata and Lukkau just don't do enough when they come on.

Lukaku is so shit at holding the ball up for his size. Be nice to think our massive 6ft 2inch centre forward could maybe take the pressure off our defence when he comes on.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:29 PM
jem

bringing mata on didn't make any sense. none. at. all.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:29 PM
puressence

Imagine being so gutted when your team wins 🤣🤣🤣

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We lack options in there when we need to change it up.

I like the set up of those front six, but we play with so much intensity early on now, that it would be nice to have some good back up to rely on.

Unfortunately; Fred, Mata and Lukkau just don't do enough when they come on.

Lukaku is so shit at holding the ball up for his size. Be nice to think our massive 6ft 2inch centre forward could maybe take the pressure off our defence when he comes on.
They just don't suit that style of play either, tho Fred may adapt. Good to have different options, but they are so different you arent likely to be able to replicate what you are trying to do as a side.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Imagine being so gutted when your team wins 🤣🤣🤣
who's gutted? name mames.

we didn't play well, that's all. if we'd played this badly all season, we'd be top three.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:33 PM
Zorg

Wasn’t brilliant but £#%&! me, after the last five years winning 7 on the bounce is nothing to complain about.

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Really?

£#%&! that tbh

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:58 PM
armchair

the arsenal side that are running away from us in the league*

*on goal difference

Unread 19-01-2019, 07:59 PM
saffers

Quote:

Sparky back at his best, predicting united losses.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bringing mata on didn't make any sense. none. at. all.
smacked of just trying to keep him happy, he clearly has no place in the side the way we're now set up

needs to move on in the summer along with lukaku, fellaini, The Scottish Player, rojo and darmian.

Unread 19-01-2019, 08:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
who's gutted? name mames.

we didn't play well, that's all. if we'd played this badly all season, we'd be top three.
Don’t need to name names it’s there blatantly obvious it sickens em just waiting for that first defeat