United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2017, 05:59 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Carrick's replacement then...

Who is it?

Genuinely don't watch enough football these days to know. Are there a few options out there?

Plenty have mentioned Blind in that role but he seems loathe to do it even in games like today.

Who?!

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:00 PM
History

£#%&! knows i'm genuinely a little worried about this, it's like taking the engine out of your car.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Crumps

Maybe TFM?

Just like Keane though it won't be a like for like, it'll be a shit hot holding midfielder, he may not have the same skills as Carrick but he will be quality at what he does. The responsibility for dictating the tempo/play making will be moved further up the pitch just like virtually every other team Mourinho has managed.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Clarkie

I would have been very worried if Moyes or LvG were still here but, I trust in Mourinho's judgement on this.

Hopefully though he stays for another year.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Veratti.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Maybe TFM?

Just like Keane though it won't be a like for like, it'll be a shit hot holding midfielder, he may not have the same skills as Carrick but he will be quality at what he does. The responsibility for dictating the tempo/play making will be moved further up the pitch just like virtually every other team Mourinho has managed.
Doesn't have the game intelligence to play that role yet

Need to buy someone in their mid 20s to perform that role ideally

I'd back Jose to sign the right player as it's a position he always signs well in

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Cream

Like for like: Sergio Busquets. All in.

Will end up being some busy African lad you've probably never heard of. And it'll be better. More nrg. More tackles. Mourinho.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:18 PM
dunk

I don't think biscuits has the range of Carrick tbh. Phenomenal player. Going to be as difficult to replace as Keane, Giggs, Scholes et al.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Veratti.
Correct. Perfect player to do much of the same but also carry it forward as well, wonderful footballer. Nasty little £#%&!er to boot. Up the snide stakes.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:20 PM
Crumps

With his importance to the team from his first game onwards he'd be worth every penny of a £90 mil fee.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
puressence

Could do a lot worse than yaya in that position

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:22 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Maybe TFM?

timmeh next to the new carrick makes sense. but timmeh likes to break too. jo mo ain't using him, though. zig is right that timmeh could learn from carrick. he's not the same kind of player with the ball, but could certainly pick up carrick's defensive responsibility. would have thought typical jo mo type.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Correct. Perfect player to do much of the same but also carry it forward as well, wonderful footballer. Nasty little £#%&!er to boot. Up the snide stakes.
Would be tempted to pass on Greizmann and buy young Marco instead. We got forwards coming out of our ass.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I don't think biscuits has the range of Carrick tbh. Phenomenal player. Going to be as difficult to replace as Keane, Giggs, Scholes et al.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Would be tempted to pass on Greizmann and buy young Marco instead. We got forwards coming out of our ass.
Buy both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
What?

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
He doesn't , and he will. Busquets is nothing like Carrick except they occupy a similar area of the pitch. They go about their business in 2 very different ways.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He doesn't , and he will. Busquets is nothing like Carrick except they occupy a similar area of the pitch. They go about their business in 2 very different ways.
Exactly.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
VERY different.

Well they play in two different leagues for two different teams, and Busquets is younger and more mobile. I'll give you that.

But they are more similar than you hysterically try to make out. VERY different.

I know I'm right and that's all that matters.

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Vidal

Unread 07-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Vidal
On
Closed Thread