United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-02-2021, 06:56 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Be just like Bayern to step in and snatch him from under everybody's noses. Plus they bloody love wumming Dortmund, LOVE it.
Lewendowski out, Haaland in. Lewendowski will be 33 next year so it would make sense, maybe hand him back to Dortmund like a used car Hummels style as part of the transfer.

He'll win the Bundesliga every season and a good few Champions Leagues as well so it wouldn't exactly be a bad move for him.

Unread 24-02-2021, 07:22 PM
Sparky***

Unread 24-02-2021, 07:27 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Lewendowski out, Haaland in. Lewendowski will be 33 next year so it would make sense, maybe hand him back to Dortmund like a used car Hummels style as part of the transfer.

He'll win the Bundesliga every season and a good few Champions Leagues as well so it wouldn't exactly be a bad move for him.
Have Bayern ever done business with the big smelly fat @#%&! before?

Unread 24-02-2021, 08:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
They look like they're being held hostage ffs.
Maybe that's because in a very real sense, they are.

Unread 25-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Lewendowski out, Haaland in.
Herr Matthaus alluding to just that in the German press today. I see Bayern's record transfer is close to £80m so big money isn't a problem.

Rather anywhere than the PL if Utd can't get him

Unread 25-02-2021, 07:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Herr Matthaus alluding to just that in the German press today. I see Bayern's record transfer is close to £80m so big money isn't a problem.

Rather anywhere than the PL if Utd can't get him
I fear that is a fairly safe bet.

Unread 25-02-2021, 08:06 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I fear that is a fairly safe bet.

nqat.

Unread 27-02-2021, 09:14 AM
utd99

I can’t believe anyone would voluntarily sign up for more of Raiola’s bullshit, undermining our managers and making a circus of the club in the media.

I thought we were supposed to be doing a cultural reboot.

Unread 27-02-2021, 09:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I can’t believe anyone would voluntarily sign up for more of Raiola’s bullshit, undermining our managers and making a circus of the club in the media.

I thought we were supposed to be doing a cultural reboot.
This.

Unread 27-02-2021, 09:46 AM
saffers

I want us back in with fatty.

Haaland is elite. We are in no position to baulk at any Raiola demands. Do whatever it takes. Due to the mismanagement of the club we are in this desperate situation.

We need someone who will fire us back to title glory. Like armchair said, would you sign Ruud again if you had the chance?

Unread 27-02-2021, 01:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I want us back in with fatty.
He’s poison, just like Mourinho was. I’m no Sherlock Holmes but I’m starting to notice a trend here. Cheeky bid for Sanchez? I hear he’s available.

Unread 27-02-2021, 01:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
He’s poison, just like Mourinho was. I’m no Sherlock Holmes but I’m starting to notice a trend here. Cheeky bid for Sanchez? I hear he’s available.
Alexis is definitely going to come good next season, it's his year

Unread 27-02-2021, 01:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

He’s not the only striker that will score goals for a football team, the way some people go on , it’s like he is

Unread 27-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Cream

Liverpool managed to win the champions league and league without selling their souls (nobody was buying to be fair).

They showed you can overcome City and Real Madrid if you don’t panic.

Shunning Raiola reminds the squad what kind of big balls club they’re at.

Unread 27-02-2021, 02:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He’s not the only striker that will score goals for a football team, the way some people go on , it’s like he is
All things being equal I’d say go for it - but all things aren’t equal.

What about this kid Silva* playing for Frankfurt? Good age and his career seems to be building up a head of steam. We need a proper CF Ole can guide for five or six years, not just until Raiola can unsettle and re-package him then send him off to Madrid. My feeling is that while Haaland is being managed by the slug and his greedy dad he’s probably going to go through four more clubs before he hangs them up.

*Never seen him play.

Unread 27-02-2021, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:

What about this kid Silva* playing for Frankfurt? Good age and his career seems to be building up a head of steam. We need a proper CF Ole can guide for five or six years, not just until Raiola can unsettle and re-package him then send him off to Madrid. My feeling is that while Haaland is being managed by the slug and his greedy dad he’s probably going to go through four more clubs before he hangs them up.

*Never seen him play.
Silva failed at Milan, and let’s remember, Haller and Jovic scored for fun in the Bundesliga, I want to say for Frankfurt, and both have failed miserably in a tougher league.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

*Never seen him play.
Who knows, but hopefully the scouts can find a decent CF. Rather a CB and CM tbf . Once we have a stable defence and midfield we can challenge regularly. The attack we have can score goals, it’s just one Dimensional a bit , and when teams play a certain way we struggle as most of our attacking players like to run in behind. If we sign a top CM things can change. Look at Bruno, if we get another top CM In we can play our way and play to the strengths of our attacking players.

One that probably requires more marking from the opposition which up turn opens in space , little things like that.

Right now you can give Fred/matic/The Scottish Player all the time on the ball in the middle half of the pitch and you wouldn’t be worried. Get a player that causes concern and the opposition will double up or atleast have another thing to think about which makes it easier for our forwards to find space and make runs.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:29 PM
puressence

Would still buy vardy. The way we set up he would be amazing

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Would still buy vardy. The way we set up he would be amazing
He’s two years older than van Nistelrooy.

Unread 27-02-2021, 03:35 PM
saffers

Would you sign Ruud?

Closed Thread