United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-02-2021, 09:45 PM
Fat Al

Default Tonights football - 23/02

Lazio being destroyed at home to Bayern.
0-3 down & Bayern haven't really broken a sweat.

0-4, OG.

Lazio are utter turd.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:30 PM
Sparky***

Default Tonight's football 23/2

Chelsea currently winning 1-0 away at Atletico Madrid

£#%&!ing hell spanish football must be in a right state if these are top of the league.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Chelsea currently winning 1-0 away at Atletico Madrid

£#%&!ing hell spanish football must be in a right state if these are top of the league.
Barca got taken apart by PSG last week, they're hugely in a crisis.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:34 PM
Tronics

tbf Chelsea are playing really well, Tuchel has them playing some lovely football in such a short period of time.

i’ve never been the biggest fan of Simeon’s Atletico Madrid but they do tend to play much better football when they’re having to chase a game so i expect them to turn it up a notch in the last 15mins or so

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:37 PM
Tronics

Luis Suarez does not like black people does he?!

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
tbf Chelsea are playing really well, Tuchel has them playing some lovely football in such a short period of time.

i’ve never been the biggest fan of Simeon’s Atletico Madrid but they do tend to play much better football when they’re having to chase a game so i expect them to turn it up a notch in the last 15mins or so
It's a new manager bounce. They're doing £#%&! all different to what they did under lampard in the early days.

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:55 PM
guerreiro

Only saw it once but surely that goal was miles offside?

Unread 23-02-2021, 10:56 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
It's a new manager bounce. They're doing £#%&! all different to what they did under lampard in the early days.
This.

I’ve watched them three times under him and they’ve been meh.

I think they’ll have their work cut out against us at the weekend tbh.

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

they binned lampard because they had a run of about 7 very winnable fixtures coming up.

Since they sacked lampard they've played

Luton
Wolves
Burnley
Spurs
Sheff Utd
Barnsley
Newcastle
Southampton

you'd expect the team who finished 3rd and spent 250m in the summer to win all those.

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

Quote:
they binned lampard because they had a run of about 7 very winnable fixtures coming up.

Luton
Wolves
Burnley
Spurs
Sheff Utd
Barnsley
Newcastle
Southampton

you'd expect the team who finished 3rd and spent 250m in the summer to win all those.
Wait, so Tronics is talking absolute shite?

They were £#%&!ing dire vs. Southampton at weekend and are the only side to fail to beat them in the last 7 games. Lovely stuff :£#%&!er:

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Luton
Wolves
Burnley
Spurs
Sheff Utd
Barnsley
Newcastle
Southampton

Oh it was timed with those fixtures in mind, I’m sure. They’re not daft. Why give Lampard the chance to win those and make a decision more difficult/controversial, and why miss out on giving the new guy some gimme fixtures.

We did something similar with Ole. Sack Jose at Anfield, give Ole the Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth games.

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:30 PM
Vedder

How shit is La Liga btw

Unread 23-02-2021, 11:51 PM
dunk

Bit unfair on the Spanish and German lads playing English teams having their home leg in a neutral stadium and Country, imo. Not surprising Sociedad, Leipzig and Atleti have suffered a bit.

£#%&! knows what Barca’s excuse is..

Unread 24-02-2021, 12:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Didn't see them tonight but they haven't even been good under Tuchel. Boring to watch. Of course Tronics will praise anyone other than Ole.

Unread 24-02-2021, 12:12 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Didn't see them tonight but they haven't even been good under Tuchel. Boring to watch. Of course Tronics will praise anyone other than Ole.
Has anyone mentioned that they needed penalties to beat Spurs, Sheff United and to draw with southampton?

or is it only worth mentioning when United get penalties when they're already winning a game 7-0?

Obviously Chelsea will be in the semi finals of the FA Cup given they've been handed yet another easy as £#%&! draw in the next round.

They've got United, Liverpool, Everton and Leeds coming up in the next 4 league games so we'll see where they are then.

Unread 24-02-2021, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Has anyone mentioned that they needed penalties to beat Spurs, Sheff United and to draw with southampton?

or is it only worth mentioning when United get penalties when they're already winning a game 7-0?

Obviously Chelsea will be in the semi finals of the FA Cup given they've been handed yet another easy as £#%&! draw in the next round.

They've got United, Liverpool, Everton and Leeds coming up in the next 4 league games so we'll see where they are then.
Who won comfortably tonight, they could well get a top half finish now.

Unread 24-02-2021, 01:32 AM
Tronics

great performance from Chelsea tbh, if i’m not mistake that’s Atletico’s first home defeat in the CL since 97/98 or something, madness!

obviously they’ve got a strong squad but Tunchel has sorted in a very short period of time

next season will be the real test though.

Unread 24-02-2021, 05:17 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
great performance from Chelsea tbh, if i’m not mistake that’s Atletico’s first home defeat in the CL since 97/98 or something, madness!.
Hardly a home game when it's played in Romania is it?

Unread 24-02-2021, 05:36 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Hussler
Hardly a home game when it's played in Romania is it?
He's a wum mate.

Unread 24-02-2021, 05:52 AM
Weekend Hussler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
He's a wum mate.
I know, but I couldn't help myself.
Closed Thread