United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-03-2023, 11:44 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Don't necessarily disagree with you

But this could absolutely happen under Ten Hag. Fergie tolerated Ravel for far longer than he should of purely based on his talent. It could of easily been the same with Greenwood

If Greenwood played like he did whilst dicking about, not turning upto training and partying on the regular. Imagine him if the penny had actually dropped. Biggest waste of talent I've probably seen
Surely you'd know if you've seen him?

Unread 27-03-2023, 11:44 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Dunno. Rashford was late for a team meeting and dropped instantly.
Aye, Greenwood was also dropped from reading it. But in terms of actually £#%&!ing him off and selling him to West Ham. Doubtful that would happen, so this would of all probably still kicked off anyway I think

Unread 27-03-2023, 11:46 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Don't necessarily disagree with you

But this could absolutely happen under Ten Hag. Fergie tolerated Ravel for far longer than he should of purely based on his talent. It could of easily been the same with Greenwood

If Greenwood played like he did whilst dicking about, not turning upto training and partying on the regular. Imagine him if the penny had actually dropped. Biggest waste of talent I've probably seen
Older Fergie was a lot softer than the 1986 version.

I think Ten Hag is far more similar to that version of Ferguson. When you’re trying to get hold of a football club you crush all forms of indiscipline quickly.

Unread 27-03-2023, 11:51 AM
dunk

I think Greenwood’s poor behaviour pre-dates Ole tbf. Plus you can only do what your bosses let you. If your bosses are terrified of losing this multi-million £ asset, the discipline you can offer will be affected and as he was apparently threatening to go to City at times, it probably terrified the management.

Unread 27-03-2023, 12:36 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Surely you'd know if you've seen him?

Unread 27-03-2023, 03:25 PM
Sandman

Clearly a troubled lad, who needs the full support of United to see if he can get himself on the straight and narrow. If he can't behave himself after that, obviously we should then let him go.

Unread 27-03-2023, 03:33 PM
armchair

Poll: Should Greenwood be allowed to play for us again?
13-06-2022 yes 12.64% no 87.36% [1]
02-02-2023 yes 33.33% no 66.67% [2]

[1] https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310500
[2] https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=326274

Unread 27-03-2023, 03:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Clearly a troubled lad, who needs the full support of United to see if he can get himself on the straight and narrow. If he can't behave himself after that, obviously we should then let him go.
I'll be surprised if he plays for United again.

Unread 27-03-2023, 03:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The things that have been reported today are rumours that have been around for a good while....

He's had more than enough chances before the audible rape was released online....

Unread 27-03-2023, 03:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

I've not seen such victimisation of a young man since Patrick Magee left his lunchbox in his hotel room while holidaying in Brighton, and was branded as a terrorist by the British establishment.

Unread 27-03-2023, 05:26 PM
BigJim

Wrong 'un... next!

Unread 28-03-2023, 07:41 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'll be surprised if he plays for United again.
Yeah. If the money is freed up to go big with a new striker just replace him. It is a privilege to play for United and have that lifestyle - he squandered it. It that said, of he goes abroad and does ok then that's fine.

Unread 28-03-2023, 08:15 AM
puressence

Met mason with my lads at a youth cup game he was brilliant .

Unread 28-03-2023, 08:55 AM
Marvel7

I fully support and get behind innocent until proven guilty. But it is impossible to forget that audio. It would not sit right with me if he played for us again. After my kids, Utd is probably the biggest joy I have in life, and has definitely provided me with some of the biggest and best buzzes of my life. I cannot imagine watching us win a Champions League final, all the emotions, jumping, singing, dancing, cheering, hugging complete strangers in celebration, and then realising he was a part of it, he scored the winner, he gave us a SOLKSJAER HAS WON IT moment. I couldn't celebrate, I couldn't find no joy.

I do believe, without some information that we do not know, audio faked or out of context, I don't know, If he played for us again it could be the end for me.

That being said, he is going to play for somebody, so I don't think Utd should rip up his contract, I think they should loan him out and sell at the end of the loan

Unread 28-03-2023, 09:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
I fully support and get behind innocent until proven guilty. But it is impossible to forget that audio. It would not sit right with me if he played for us again. After my kids, Utd is probably the biggest joy I have in life, and has definitely provided me with some of the biggest and best buzzes of my life. I cannot imagine watching us win a Champions League final, all the emotions, jumping, singing, dancing, cheering, hugging complete strangers in celebration, and then realising he was a part of it, he scored the winner, he gave us a SOLKSJAER HAS WON IT moment. I couldn't celebrate, I couldn't find no joy.

I do believe, without some information that we do not know, audio faked or out of context, I don't know, If he played for us again it could be the end for me.

That being said, he is going to play for somebody, so I don't think Utd should rip up his contract, I think they should loan him out and sell at the end of the loan
This is exactly how I feel about it. If he plays for us again a huge part of the club will die for me.

Unread 28-03-2023, 09:49 AM
Sandman

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
It'll be great to get him back in the squad.

Unread 28-03-2023, 06:27 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Just goes to show how out of control the dressing room was under Solksjaer. This wouldn’t have been tolerated under Ten Hag.
This is so true!

Unread 28-03-2023, 06:29 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Good thing you don't have a daughter. He might have smacked her

Unread 29-03-2023, 05:23 AM
shenwen

generally agree with the above sentiments (not Pure obv) but when I see headlines like this I wonder where he should go exactly?

Quote:
Mason Greenwood talent cannot be a factor in Man Utd’s thinking. He’s got to go…
Do we sell him? If so, is it moral to profit in these circumstances? Do we simply rip up his contract and pay him off? Again, is that okay? And if he does land at another club, what then? Do the media forget about him because the story no longer gets the hits it gets when associated with United? Or are we saying that he should be retired from football completely and never be allowed to pay professionally again?

It's a messed up situation, albeit one of his own making.
Closed Thread