United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2021, 08:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Currently on pace for 74 pts.

Something dramatic has to happen for us to win the league.
Close the gap back to 5 today....

They only need to lose a couple and the HEAT IS ON....

Unread 14-02-2021, 08:10 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Close the gap back to 5 today....

They only need to lose a couple and the HEAT IS ON....
I think they'll lose a couple.

Personally don't buy the hype of this City team.

Would be a team fighting for top 4 if it wasn't for their extra 10 day break and the added help of seeing all their closest rivals shit the bed while they play £#%&! teams for about 2 months.

But I don't have much faith in us. Hope i'm proven wrong. We have city, chelsea and spurs away all to come. Given our record in these games i'd be surprised if we didn't drop points there. With the way the gap already is it means City have to lose way more than 2. That's assuming we win all our other games which is no guarantee..

January won city the league unfortunately. Had we been neck and neck now it would be different.

Praying i'm wrong and we get to stop the bald fraud.

Unread 14-02-2021, 12:51 PM
MagnificentSeven

at this point i would be very surprised if city didn't win the league but if we keep pushing them and finish a very respectable 2nd (but not nearly 20 points adrift like in 2018) that'll do our confidence a world of good going into next season.

we've done well this season all things considered, it's all about just not letting the mentality drop.

Unread 14-02-2021, 12:57 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
at this point i would be very surprised if city didn't win the league but if we keep pushing them and finish a very respectable 2nd (but not nearly 20 points adrift like in 2018) that'll do our confidence a world of good going into next season.

we've done well this season all things considered, it's all about just not letting the mentality drop.
Definitely.

There’s league position, but also the context of it. We’ve been second before, but we were miiiiles off the top by this stage that season.

We jumped 3 places last season, but only actually had 3 points more. We should be getting around 15 points more this season, around 80, which is much more like it and reason to think we’re not too far off a total that could actually win the league.

It’s progress to not be sitting on 30-odd points and 20 points off the top.

Just keep winning, keep asking the question, keep racking up the points. It all adds to the progress.

Unread 14-02-2021, 12:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Points progress NONCES

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Points progress NONCES
“It’s November” “it’s January” “it’s September”

But don’t look ahead...

Whisper it, but don’t predict it.

Attacking optimism and progress. Disgusting? Not for me to say.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:16 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
“It’s November” “it’s January” “it’s September”

But don’t look ahead...

Whisper it, but don’t predict it.

Attacking optimism and progress. Disgusting? Not for me to say.
jump in The keep net, I'll weigh you later....

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
jump in The keep net, I'll weigh you later....
Behave. Bite half ya £#%&!ing boat off 🦈🦷

#pointswinprizes

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:25 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
I think they'll lose a couple.

Personally don't buy the hype of this City team.

Would be a team fighting for top 4 if it wasn't for their extra 10 day break and the added help of seeing all their closest rivals shit the bed while they play £#%&! teams for about 2 months.

But I don't have much faith in us. Hope i'm proven wrong. We have city, chelsea and spurs away all to come. Given our record in these games i'd be surprised if we didn't drop points there. With the way the gap already is it means City have to lose way more than 2. That's assuming we win all our other games which is no guarantee..

January won city the league unfortunately. Had we been neck and neck now it would be different.

Praying i'm wrong and we get to stop the bald fraud.
Don’t buy the hype? They’ve won 16 on the bounce..

We are nowhere consistent enough to challenge them right now. Best if the rest? Maybe but they are far to consistent.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

We are nowhere consistent enough to challenge them right now. Best if the rest? Maybe but they are far to consistent.
This is unfortunately true. We can look to where they’ll drop points and I’m sure they will, but we look far more likely to drop points right now than them. And we’ve got no margin for error. And we’re full of errors.

I don’t buy all this 10 days off shit either. Getting a bit cringe now tbh. You don’t get 16 wins from a few days off

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

I struggle to see a United side ever being that consistent tbh.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I struggle to see a United side ever being that consistent tbh.
We’re pretty consistent, which is why we’re where we are, but we’ve got daft results and stupid moments in us that will cost us points. And we can’t afford any more of those. I could see us making up a little ground and then ballsing it up with another Everton #@&%! up or totally flat display.

We’re getting there, but City are clearly a cut above.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:35 PM
dunk

I mean over a whole season. Can’t ever see us getting 90+ points. Always feel like the squad depth or the desire of the opposition to scalp us would prevent it. Really need the league to get more competitive, if anything.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I mean over a whole season. Can’t ever see us getting 90+ points. Always feel like the squad depth or the desire of the opposition to scalp us would prevent it. Really need the league to get more competitive, if anything.
90? No, not yet. As I said earlier (before Bunks completely lost his rag. Shame.) a good sign of progress would be not getting paltry points totals between 55 - 70 points like most of the last few years have been.

Finish 2nd. Get more points.

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Lost his rag

Totally agree with you Re: the city break shout though, getting wheeled out is v Scouse

Unread 14-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Lost his rag

Totally agree with you Re: the city break shout though, getting wheeled out is v Scouse
Worst I’ve seen you. On a Sunday too

Unread 14-02-2021, 02:54 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This is unfortunately true. We can look to where they’ll drop points and I’m sure they will, but we look far more likely to drop points right now than them. And we’ve got no margin for error. And we’re full of errors.

I don’t buy all this 10 days off shit either. Getting a bit cringe now tbh. You don’t get 16 wins from a few days off
It's the context.

They got a holiday in the most fitness sapping and crowded fixture list in the history of football. Everyone else playing more or less every 3 days while they get a mini pre season when in reality they shoulda been docked points for not turning up at Everton like they do in other respectable leagues.

Unread 14-02-2021, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Well if it wasn't off before, it is now.

Unread 14-02-2021, 05:27 PM
AK14

Just get top 4...

Got a feeling things are going to get a whole lot worse.

Unread 14-02-2021, 05:27 PM
Cream

Quote:
It's the context.

They got a holiday in the most fitness sapping and crowded fixture list in the history of football. Everyone else playing more or less every 3 days while they get a mini pre season when in reality they shoulda been docked points for not turning up at Everton like they do in other respectable leagues.
Pep is a cheat by nature. He wants, and will engineer, every advantage, often unfairly. He is a man of low character.

At least Mourinho won a champions league with a team costing less than 500 million.

I wouldn’t leave Pep next to a half drank pint and go for a piss.
Closed Thread