United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-11-2021, 11:36 AM
guerreiro

Lost a lot of respect for him. Saw an interview and he fully denied he has a big head and got a bit shirty about it.

Oh, and he’s shit. But he’s earned time to turn it around. Not much more mind.

Unread 03-11-2021, 11:40 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Bailly and Lindelof Saturday

Unread 03-11-2021, 11:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Lost a lot of respect for him. Saw an interview and he fully denied he has a big head and got a bit shirty about it.

Oh, and he’s shit. But he’s earned time to turn it around. Not much more mind.
He was shit for his first 6 months, improved markedly second half of the season, was dire until Christmas last season and has been utter shite so far this. Drop him until Jan imo.

Unread 03-11-2021, 11:52 AM
Jethro

One of a few players that came back from the Euros thinking they're the dogs %@#$&!s. Needs a reality check. Constantly pressed as he's the weak link.

Unread 03-11-2021, 12:02 PM
Patty_b

His immense lack of pace was always going to be a mark against him, and it's only going to get worse. Last season he seemed to be switched on enough to make up for it with his anticipation and positioning. But this season he's looked clueless.

The big problem is imo, that if we ever want to consistently play attacking football with a high line then he's not going to be able to be a major part of that team. It's not like we'd just need absolutely rapid defenders to play that sort of football, just players with an average amount of pace, but he's so £#%&!ing slow it's brutal.

Hopefully Bailly can stay fit and keep his head straight this season, he should walk into the next team after his performance last night.

Unread 03-11-2021, 12:09 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
One of a few players that came back from the Euros thinking their the dogs %@#$&!s. Needs a reality check. Constantly pressed as he's the weak link.
File with Luke Shaw who has also regressed.

Unread 03-11-2021, 12:43 PM
shenwen

Remember those long summer days when we thought the Varane-Maguire combo was the missing link that would propel us to a title challenge?

Bailly and Lindelof now our best fit defensive partnership

Unread 03-11-2021, 12:51 PM
jem

Quote:
One of a few players that came back from the Euros thinking they're the dogs %@#$&!s. Needs a reality check. Constantly pressed as he's the weak link.
is it really that, though?

I mean... it's surely no coincidence that maguire, shaw and sancho have been awful, whilst greenwood has been our best player, but.... it's not just down to thinking they are the %@#$&!s.

Unread 03-11-2021, 12:56 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

tim nice but dim has the mobility of a HGV in a cul de sac

another I'd like to see leave tbh

Unread 03-11-2021, 08:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Not sure about that, I have more the impression that England not winning the event was a big downer for him and quite a few others in the squad.

Add to that his fitness issues, and we get what we have now.

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:29 PM
armchair

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Sandman

Another bluffing shithouse I'd love to see the back of.

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:46 PM
dunk

Did a England play tonight?

State of Maguire we’re stuck with him for £#%&!ing years

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Pop

Can't believe that big £#%&!ing galloping galoot is the captain of Utd

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:57 PM
Mr_Ed

I don’t think he’s a bad player. I think he’ll excel under a manager who knows how to defend.

Unread 12-11-2021, 11:58 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Can't believe that big f***ing galloping galoot is the captain of Utd
He's a right £#%&!ing lummox, another colossal waste of money, another symbol of our decline. Get rid, & send Bissaka with him.

Unread 13-11-2021, 12:00 AM
Bunker Buster

Size of his £#%&!ing head though...

Unread 13-11-2021, 12:02 AM
tatty

Once we get a couple of real midfielders in front of him, and we're set-up in a way that vaguely resembles a team, then I think he'll look a different player.

At the moment we could have Moore and Beckenbauer in their prime and they'd look like cart horses.

Unread 13-11-2021, 12:02 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I don’t think he’s a bad player. I think he’ll excel under a manager who knows how to defend.
He'll only ever excel in a team that's set up to cover his deficiencies, having the mobility of a £#%&!ing fridge being one of them.

Unread 13-11-2021, 12:31 AM
Vedder

Thinks he’s the %@#$&!s because he scored against Albanian plumbers. @#%&!. I £#%&!ing hate him and his massive swede
Closed Thread