United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Patty_b

Default January 2020 Transfer Window

8 days into the window.

Even with a fully fit squad we're desperate for some players in.

Now with key players injured we couldn't be any more on our arse.

Other than a pipe-dream swap deal for Maddison that was quickly pooh-poohed, the only bit of business we seem to be doing at the moment is off-loading even more players from our wafer-thin squad.

Will we sign anyone, or will just end up having a bloody good look at a few targets before January ends with our squad even more thread-bare than before?

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:44 PM
windy waffles

A lot of 'bloody good looks'.

A few instances of 'running the rules' over players.

A number of prospective 'swoops'.

'Warchest' ready to be be opened.

'No value' in the market.

No one signs.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:47 PM
Jethro

We're going to do nothing. There will be brief after brief after brief.

Come February 1st there should be riots. But our fanbase is full of twitter @#%&!s so £#%&! all will happen.

Ole deserves criticism for his style of play and odd substitutions. But are the tools there to play wonderful football? Absolutely not and they wont be made available either.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:50 PM
NedKelly

We won’t sign anyone. Ole will take the brunt even though I’m sure he’d like a better selection of players, and the rest of the season will be crap.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:51 PM
puressence

2 before wolves

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Finport Red

We nearly signed Haaland.
Were in with a shout of signing Maddison until we suggested adding Lingard into the deal.

I expect the rest of the month will be much like that.

Might announce a new sponsorship.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:53 PM
AK14

Seems we put all our eggs into the Haaland basket and since we can’t work on more than one transfer at a time + it seems to take an age for us to complete transfers I’d say there’s no chance of anything happening.

I don’t get it tbh, we clearly need bodies so why not look for a loan or two. Surely not all of our targets are unattainable or we have alternatives?

We must have a pretty shit scouting network If the only thing we can come up with is Maddison or Grealish etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

No one signs.
Injured players returning will be like new signings etc.

I do feel for Ole and I called it last season but was shot down. They were always going to make it impossible for him with a lack of transfers, although I didn’t think they’d completely gut the squad so soon.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:57 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We won’t sign anyone. Ole will take the brunt even though I’m sure he’d like a better selection of players, and the rest of the season will be crap.
Needs to put his foot down then like Jose did.

He won't though as this is his dream job and he won't want to give them any (more) reasons to get rid of him.

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:58 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

No one signs.
ruler or rule

Unread 08-01-2020, 12:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

He won't though as this is his dream job and he won't want to give them any (more) reasons to get rid of him.
Exactly. Why would he rock the boat and risk ending up back in the artic circle getting paid in whale blubber?

What a mess.

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Jethro

van de Beek is the new 'good look'

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:05 PM
jem

if they are considering vidal, we might as well get tony v back on a free.

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:07 PM
NedKelly

Quote:

And getting rid of him is exactly what would happen. Mourinho kicked up a stink and he was gone a few months later. At a point where I’m really not sure how we get to where we should be. I’m not sure the people running the club particularly care, Ole does currently seem to only have one game plan, that might be perpetuated in part by a poor squad unable to deliver anything aside from basic counter attacking football. The whole thing is a mess from top to bottom.

We desperately need to bring some new players in, and if by the end of January we haven’t, it will tell us everything we need to know about what the people running the club actually want.

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:11 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
And getting rid of him is exactly what would happen. Mourinho kicked up a stink and he was gone a few months later. At a point where I’m really not sure how we get to where we should be. I’m not sure the people running the club particularly care, Ole does currently seem to only have one game plan, that might be perpetuated in part by a poor squad unable to deliver anything aside from basic counter attacking football. The whole thing is a mess from top to bottom.

We desperately need to bring some new players in, and if by the end of January we haven’t, it will tell us everything we need to know about what the people running the club actually want.
Thought the last 7 years would have done that pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Chinless #@&%! - Woodward not you.
Nobody without a strong jawline/chin has ever made a success of anything.

Strong jawlines always required in business.

Gill thinking "You little #@&%!!"

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:19 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Armchair could increase subs and we could buy the club?

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:22 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Exactly. Why would he rock the boat and risk ending up back in the artic circle getting paid in whale blubber?

What a mess.
Depends how it's delivered, I suppose.

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Will we sign anyone, or will just end up having a bloody good look at a few targets before January ends with our squad even more thread-bare than before?

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:47 PM
utd99

The “bloody good look” joke never loses it’s lustre does it? Amazing.

Unread 08-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The “bloody good look” joke never loses it’s lustre does it? Amazing.

Unread 08-01-2020, 02:12 PM
Vedder

We won’t bring anyone in. We’ll probably sell a couple if anything leaving us even more bare
Closed Thread