United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Sloppy

Talking Barcelona vs Man City tonight.

First question is why?Second is how many are city taking over there?

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum...p?f=1&t=136079

http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum...p?f=1&t=135262

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:29 PM
wiganste

Gareth Barry was on SSN last night saying it's a massive game.
What a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Hugh Jardon

and why do you give a shit????

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:31 PM
toseeunited

this game just sums that shower of shit up.

so desperate to have a game "in europe" this season, they will play a friendly over there AFTER the season has started

truely clueless £#%&!-wittery, but do we expect anything else...

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Sparky***

I don't really understand their thinking tbh.

Are they so desperate to appear famous by association that they'll take friendlies in Spain 3 days after the season starts?

£#%&!ing idiots.

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:33 PM
wiganste

What will their fans be like if they managed to beat them?

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:35 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Wasn't this part of Gary Cooke's 'special relationship' deal?

What a load of silly £#%&!ers Man City are.

"Look!Look!This is how huge we are, we're playing Barca!"

We play the £#%&!ers every year, more or less.

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:36 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
probably all go and get tattoos done saying "man city european cup winners 2011"

...oh hang on a minute, that's already happened!

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:38 PM
irk

can i be the first to say they'll probably take a quarter of a million

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:42 PM
wiganste

I'll piss myself if half of their team get knocks tonight that keep them out for a couple of weeks, especially Shay Given

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Sparky***

"we've fookin arrived, rrrrrrkid. We're playin' barcelonoh, in the fookin nou camp, fookin mint."

Unread 19-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Lok

If anything, it'll just show their mercenaries what they're missing out on. It's like when you give the wrong answer on a game show and the host shows you what you could have won.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:06 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
its got to be worth an extra star on their badge if they do

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:10 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
"we've fookin arrived, rrrrrrkid. We're playin' barcelonoh, in the fookin nou camp, fookin mint."

what a pair of horrible @#%&!s they are. i could punch liam until shards of his shattered skull were embedded in my broken knuckles. i'd keep going until his tiny putrid brain was spread before me on the ground like beef paste amid shreds of his ridiculous £#%&!ing hair, and i was sobbing with exhaustion and unable to flail my bloodied fists any further.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:16 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
what a pair of horrible @#%&!s they are. i could punch liam until shards of his shattered skull were embedded in my broken knuckles. i'd keep going until his tiny putrid brain was spread before me on the ground like beef paste amid shreds of his ridiculous £#%&!ing hair, and i was sobbing with exhaustion and unable to flail my bloodied fists any further.
what about the other one ?

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
its got to be worth an extra star on their badge if they do
Indeed

Hughes will be prowling the touchline, arms folded. Giving it his best 'Mourinho' .."ooh, look at me. I'm a brooding, master tactician"

It's absolutely embarrassing & is EXACTLY what it appears to be -

Rich Arab on Phone to Barcelona - "Can we please come & play you in pre-season?.....errm, it doesn't matter if the Premier League is already under way ...We just want pictures of our players on the pitch at the Nou Camp for posters, website etc.. PLEASE, PLEASE...we'll give you lots of money"

City fans will be there in numbers. They'll treat it like a 'Champions League' match. They'll revel in the fact Barca were our conquerers in Rome & they'll love every second of pretending to be a big Club.
There isn't another set of fans in the Country that have their lack of self awareness & sense of perspective.
They are an absolute joke.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Ben

if they beat them, they will be singing "champions of europe" at the weekend

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Indeed

Hughes will be prowling the touchline, arms folded. Giving it his best 'Mourinho' .."ooh, look at me. I'm a brooding, master tactician"

Rich Arab on Phone to Barcelona - "Can we please come & play you in pre-season?.....errm, it doesn't matter if the Premier League is already under way ...We just want pictures of our players on the pitch at the Nou Camp for posters, website etc.. PLEASE, PLEASE...we'll give you lots of money"

City fans will be there in numbers. They'll treat it like a 'Champions League' match. They'll revel in the fact Barca were our conquerers in Rome & they'll love every second of pretending to be a big Club.
There isn't another set of fans in the Country that have their lack of self awareness & sense of perspective.
The dippers are up there as well to be fair.

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:30 PM
dragflick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Indeed

Unread 19-08-2009, 01:52 PM
SilverSurfer

city can dress it up all they like but they are playing there tonight simply, Barca had few other options for a game.

The Spanish season doesn't start for another 10 days so they want practice, preferably foreign opposition.

Just about every other major league is underway. England has a full programme of games, Italy starts at the weekend so they're out too. The only teams who aren't playing league games in England are those in Europe or ones with bugger all else to do as they weren't that successful last season.

By a process of elimination you arrive at city. They're the last turkey in the shop before Christmas.
Closed Thread