United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:31 PM
marlo

same amount of goals and assist as sancho. who hasn’t played since September.

Unread 09-12-2023, 07:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Christ he's bad. Does absolutely nothing you'd expect from an attacking winger.

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:03 PM
Vedder

Probably the worst signing in the history of the sport.

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Christ he's bad. Does absolutely nothing you'd expect from an attacking winger.
Played in Dalot three times.

Crossed for mctom header

Beat his full back numerous times.

Tracked back

Closed keeper down

Chopped down after rising three men.

Got us out of the corner with delightful feet...

Only bright spark out there today, another one that doesn't get ball....

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:24 PM
Hank Scorpio

Should have let him stay in Brazil when we had the chance

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:31 PM
Sheik JaBooty

16 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, but at least he closed the keeper down...

tHESE eXcUsES aRE wHY wE'RE sHiTE...

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
16 games, 0 goals, 0 assists, but at least he closed the keeper down...

tHESE eXcUsES aRE wHY wE'RE sHiTE...
Never seen that meme got sooooo wrong. Congratulations...

See Ned gave you a warning earlier...

This is your second and last....

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:44 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Never seen that meme got sooooo wrong. Congratulations...

See Ned gave you a warning earlier...

This is your second and last....
£#%&! you and your sycophants.

Unread 09-12-2023, 08:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Probably the worst signing in the history of the sport.
Probably not even the worst signing in the history of EtH's United.

Though yes, he is pretty bad.

Unread 10-12-2023, 04:30 AM
shenwen

Works hard and I appreciate that in the context of the rest if the team but what's the point when everything else he does is so shit? We're not talking about an academy player here. 80 million. 80 £#%&!ing million if we sold him tomorrow we'd be lucky to get 25% of that.

I so wish I got "ball" so I could make sense of this player. "he beat a defender"

Unread 10-12-2023, 08:21 AM
Patty_b

I think he's a good player and backed him so far, but for someone who plays as high as they do on the pitch his output is shite.

So far he's played 2507 minutes of Premier League football for us, scoring 4 and assisting 2.

Dan James in his first season played 2494 minutes of Premier League football scoring 4 goals and getting 5 assists, in arguably a worse team.

Dan James worked hard off the ball as well, but that can only get you so far as an attacking player at Old Trafford. That's why he was binned off. If Antony doesn't start offering some proper end product soon then it's going to be hard to justify his place at the club beyond this season.

Unread 10-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Lok

He's just not good enough. The price tag compounds the issue because if he came for less than £20m, or was from the youth setup, he would be an ok second or third choice winger.

I like that he tries hard but that shows how far our standards have dropped that this makes him look good to some people.

In the last few games he has looked slightly better as he has started attacking full backs but more often than not he stops after doing so and passes it back. He rarely seems to burst into the box to get a shot off or get to the byline and cross it.

So disappointing because I thought we were getting a strong, confident player who could make things happen and drag the team forward when we're playing shit.

Unread 10-12-2023, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Works hard and I appreciate that in the context of the rest if the team but what's the point when everything else he does is so shit? We're not talking about an academy player here. 80 million. 80 £#%&!ing million if we sold him tomorrow we'd be lucky to get 25% of that.

I so wish I got "ball" so I could make sense of this player. "he beat a defender"

Unread 10-12-2023, 11:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

“Closing down a goalkeeper”

Have to say Marlo’s unfortunately turning out to be spot on with many of his points. Ten Hag’s transfers have been absolutely vile.

Even Hoijlund is struggling like £#%&! and he’s one of the good ones.

Unread 10-12-2023, 11:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
“Closing down a goalkeeper”

Have to say Marlo’s unfortunately turning out to be spot on with many of his points. Ten Hag’s transfers have been absolutely vile.

Even Hoijlund is struggling like £#%&! and he’s one of the good ones.
I know it's not his fault but he was our marquee signing of the summer and we're two weeks off Christmas and he hasn't scored in the league yet. That's awful for that outlay. Meanwhile our other two big summers signings - one is still flapping balls back to the opposition and the other one has played about 5 minutes.

It's not been good.

Unread 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Spock

I genuinely cannot fathom why he doesn't try Anthony on the left and Natcho on the right, even just once....

Unread 10-12-2023, 03:39 PM
goldfinger II

He's rubbish, lads. A lot of huffing and puffing but carries zero threat. He has no sense and two bad feet. I'd rather have Dan James.

Unread 10-12-2023, 03:46 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
I genuinely cannot fathom why he doesn't try Anthony on the left and Natcho on the right, even just once....
Because they're inside forwards and not straight wingers.

Unread 10-12-2023, 04:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
I know it's not his fault but he was our marquee signing of the summer and we're two weeks off Christmas and he hasn't scored in the league yet. That's awful for that outlay. Meanwhile our other two big summers signings - one is still flapping balls back to the opposition and the other one has played about 5 minutes.

It's not been good.
The whole club is a mess.

ETH wanted Kane and Costa, got Hojlund and Onana (plus Mount). Yet apparently he has full control over the transfers. Managed to get Amrabat but last minute so no preseason and finally looked decent last week.

No luck with injuries, attitude problems, inherited an ill-disciplined squad.

Players not trying, disappearing.

Sure, ETH is part of the problem, but only so far as a lot of the players are choosing to ignore him.

He can't make them pass to red shirts and carry out the tactics properly.
He can't make them stop working, trying and moaning.

Some players need a %@#$&!ing and/or dropping.

Yet people are happy with the Glazers still at the club.

Unread 10-12-2023, 04:21 PM
jem

the glazers have been a problem for years, but they don't pick the midfield.