United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin says he 'cannot imagine a scenario' in which Liverpool would not be crowned Premier League champions insisting 'they will get the title one way or another.'

Ceferin told Slovenian daily sports paper EkipaSN: 'I can't see a way Liverpool could be left without a title.

'If the Premier League resumes play, Liverpool will almost certainly win the title. 'Theoretically it's not all over, but practically Liverpool are on the verge of it.

'If by any chance the play will not resume, we still have to find a way to declare final results, to declare champions.

'And again I cannot see, I cannot imagine a scenario, in which the champions would not be Liverpool.

'I understand the fans will be disappointed if it happens in an empty stadium or even in the league offices, but I believe, they will get the title one way or another.'

Unread 06-04-2020, 04:34 PM
waynes ear's

£#%&! that bent @#%&!. Liverpool haven't mathematically won the league

void the lot, get HMRC in on the scouse @#%&!s. fold the club

great set of results

Unread 06-04-2020, 05:33 PM
andyroo

Points penalty for any club taking the HMRC shilling is only fair

Unread 06-04-2020, 08:41 PM
redhegemony

Denmark on the verge of reopening some schools but ban on big gatherings will stay until August...probably explains the behind closed doors idea being floated.

Unread 06-04-2020, 08:56 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Daily Mail telling me i'm using ad blocker and wont let me read the article

oh noooooooooooes!
use Ublock its better.

Unread 07-04-2020, 09:01 AM
The taste of...

Wasn’t that always the scouse @#%&!s Mantra back in the day?

... ‘not until it’s mathematically certain’

Unread 07-04-2020, 09:42 AM
Chorlton74

If and when they do win/awarded it, and it will happen, they will look even bigger @#%&!s, than they already are, when they try to celebrate it.

the death toll by the time this happens will be in 5 figures. The animosity towards them will be off the chain. The only prem champions where nobody gave a shit or cared. (bit like when the divs won it I suppose )

Unread 07-04-2020, 09:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
If and when they do win/awarded it, and it will happen, they will look even bigger @#%&!s, than they already are, when they try to celebrate it.

the death toll by the time this happens will be in 5 figures. The animosity towards them will be off the chain. The only prem champions where nobody gave a shit or cared. (bit like when the divs won it I suppose )
They’ll just say the title win was for the people that have lost their lives and the 96 angels will take care of them.... and they’ll get praised for it

Unread 07-04-2020, 01:06 PM
AK14

Unread 07-04-2020, 01:12 PM
waynes ear's

shit banter

Unread 07-04-2020, 11:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Udinese director Pierpaolo Marino – whose club shares owners with Watford – revealed this evening that “the Premier League is about to announce its season is over.”

“In England, the Premier League is about to release a similar statement [to Belgium], because the situation there is becoming very, very serious. I frankly just hope we can enjoy football again after the coronavirus. "
https://app.football-italia.net/?ref...litalia-151906

Unread 07-04-2020, 11:38 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
If this happens im shouting YSB during the next NHS clappoff.

Unread 07-04-2020, 11:43 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
If this happens im shouting YSB during the next NHS clappoff.
Could maybe get "Laugh for Liverpool" going at 8pm one night. Wouldnt take much to get that viral, especially with your followers. Let's keep it in our back pocket for now.

Unread 08-04-2020, 12:04 AM
Pop

Quote:

Unread 08-04-2020, 12:11 AM
tatty

The logical solution is voiding the season but with hundreds of millions riding on it being concluded then there won't be a decision until it is forced on the PL.

Unread 08-04-2020, 12:24 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Quote:
“It doesn’t matter how long it takes, we need to get out of this danger zone. I am worried for the next seasons, not the old one.

Unread 08-04-2020, 08:28 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
The logical solution is voiding the season but with hundreds of millions riding on it being concluded then there won't be a decision until it is forced on the PL.
The season needs voiding, but they can't just start another season with everyone in the same position as when this one started. Clubs missing out on European spots, and some who should have been relegated getting another bumper pay day, while those who could have been promoted missing out, can't be right.

They need to void the season right across Europe, then have some type of mini pre-season tournaments to decide European, Relegation, and promotion spots.

Unread 08-04-2020, 08:34 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
The season needs voiding, but they can't just start another season with everyone in the same position as when this one started. Clubs missing out on European spots, and some who should have been relegated getting another bumper pay day, while those who could have been promoted missing out, can't be right.

They need to void the season right across Europe, then have some type of mini pre-season tournaments to decide European, Relegation, and promotion spots.
Don’t go down that road. It’s only a short step to having play offs for the title between all those with a mathematical chance of winning it.

Unread 08-04-2020, 08:44 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Don’t go down that road. It’s only a short step to having play offs for the title between all those with a mathematical chance of winning it.
As they already do in the Belgian Premiership ?

Huge revenue earner btw...

Imagine the PL top eight clubs in a mini league at the end of the season. Each club starts with half of its current points (rounded up). They play each other home and away, 3 points for a win etc... winner of mini league becomes Champion. All games on TV ... Kerching !

Unread 08-04-2020, 09:01 AM
Hands of Scone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
As they already do in the Belgian Premiership ?

Huge revenue earner btw...

Imagine the PL top eight clubs in a mini league at the end of the season. Each club starts with half of its current points (rounded up). They play each other home and away, 3 points for a win etc... winner of mini league becomes Champion. All games on TV ... Kerching !
Sounds too american.
Closed Thread