United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:04 PM
Sloane

Default Fergie press conference

Fergie on diving discussed at UEFA meeting

"I think they all recognised it's an unhealthy part of the game, all the coaches agreed with that. It's how you stop it. Education is one way. We spoke about that. Of course it's important to try and educate the players in that respect. Also punishments. And that's not down to the coaches of course, that's down to the authorities, the governing bodies of each country. UEFA have took a stance with Eduardo, the punishment for two games, and that's sort of opened the debate about punishing players when you could punish 100 players."

Spurs will be a handful

"I watched a couple of videos yesterday and they’ll be a handful for us. But that’s the nature of the Premier League. Hopefully I can pick the right team and get a good result. I think Tottenham can break into the top four. Harry’s brought in a few of his own types of players, players he’s familiar with like Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe. He’s now got Nico Kranjcar as well from Portsmouth and Wilson Palacios from Wigan, who was a good signing and brought some steel into the midfield. They’ve really started well this season there’s a good degree of experience there. I think Tottenham definitely have a realistic chance of breaking into the top four. Them and City are ahead of the rest, I think... then it's Everton and Aston Villa."

Injuries

"O'Shea has not trained – he came back with a calf injury from Ireland's game in Cyprus and is doubtful for Saturday so we will see what he's like."

"I don't know if there's any injuries with the players coming back from games but I think the England players are all right."

"Rio has a chance for Saturday. I’m not sure it’s a big chance but he has a chance. We’ve had a good group of players training here at Carrington while the internationals have been going on – Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Anderson, Ji-sung Park... also young Fabio and Michael Owen. So we have a decent squad. In fact, it’s unusual to have that many players here during the international break."

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Hopefully I can pick the right team and get a good result.
Lottery team selection ahoy....

Spiffy

Quote:
Fergie on diving discussed at UEFA meeting

"I think they all recognised it's an unhealthy part of the game, all the coaches agreed with that. It's how you stop it. Education is one way. We spoke about that. Of course it's important to try and educate the players in that respect. Also punishments. And that's not down to the coaches of course, that's down to the authorities, the governing bodies of each country. UEFA have took a stance with Eduardo, the punishment for two games, and that's sort of opened the debate about punishing players when you could punish 100 players."

Spurs will be a handful

"I watched a couple of videos yesterday and they’ll be a handful for us. But that’s the nature of the Premier League. Hopefully I can pick the right team and get a good result. I think Tottenham can break into the top four. Harry’s brought in a few of his own types of players, players he’s familiar with like Peter Crouch and Jermain Defoe. He’s now got Nico Kranjcar as well from Portsmouth and Wilson Palacios from Wigan, who was a good signing and brought some steel into the midfield. They’ve really started well this season there’s a good degree of experience there. I think Tottenham definitely have a realistic chance of breaking into the top four. Them and City are ahead of the rest, I think... then it's Everton and Aston Villa."

Injuries

"O'Shea has not trained – he came back with a calf injury from Ireland's game in Cyprus and is doubtful for Saturday so we will see what he's like."

"I don't know if there's any injuries with the players coming back from games but I think the England players are all right."

"Rio has a chance for Saturday. I’m not sure it’s a big chance but he has a chance. We’ve had a good group of players training here at Carrington while the internationals have been going on – Ferdinand, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Anderson, Ji-sung Park... also young Fabio and Michael Owen. So we have a decent squad. In fact, it’s unusual to have that many players here during the international break."

That's what happens when you sell international footballers and replace them with has been's. It also demonstrates that you have still not replaced Giggs and Scholes.

Time is running out, you can't wait until they retire because then we'll be desperate and end up buying people like Hargreaves, Carrick, Djemba, Miller, Anderson, Kleberson etc etc. Stop £#%&!ing around, put in a £40M bid for Fabregas. The fabulous owners will fund it, they've said the Ronaldo money is there, you've said it's there. No excuses.

Ginners

makes a good point about spurs, will not be easy at all. ill take a draw right now.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Sloane

£#%&!ing hell we havent even dropped the points yet and your all whinging

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Lottery team selection ahoy....
Prat

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
makes a good point about spurs, will not be easy at all. ill take a draw right now.
Course you would. Bleedin' spurs lover.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:16 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
not that keen on them tbh. just saying i tihnk it will be tough and a draw is the best we can hope for.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Sloane

Quote:
not that keen on them tbh. just saying i tihnk it will be tough and a draw is the best we can hope for.
apart from last year its generally a good game

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:18 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
That's what happens when you sell international footballers and replace them with has been's. It also demonstrates that you have still not replaced Giggs and Scholes.
Excellent point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I agree with Ginners, and its not even a doom lords view, please tell me when was the last time Spurs lost at White Hart Lane?

Its a mixture of us going backwards and Spurs growing as a club that we worry about trips to WHL these days, we havent won there for nearly 3 yrs.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:21 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
It isn't.

Ginners

Quote:
apart from last year its generally a good game
yup, always a good atmosphere. you going?

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Excellent point.

I agree with Ginners, and its not even a doom lords view, please tell me when was the last time Spurs lost at White Hart Lane?

Its a mixture of us going backwards and Spurs growing as a club that we worry about trips to WHL these days, we havent won there for nearly 3 yrs.
How many games is that?

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Spurs will be a tough game.
They'll come flying out the traps.
I wish we'd start more games on the front foot (like the good old days) ...we're so £#%&!ing considered & sensible these days!...Patient to the point of slowing the game down to a standstill.

Great result agaisnt Arsenal last time out, but I think we'd all agree it wasn't the prettiest....There is something not quite right about us being so £#%&!ing defensive in the 'big games' - shouldn't we be the ones who scare the opponents into tactical changes???

....Spurs are still pretty ordinary at the back, but we need far more creativity from the midfield than we've seen so far this season.

Early days yet though...early days.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Sloane

Quote:
yup, always a good atmosphere. you going?
couldnt get a ticket with such a shit allocation

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Excellent point.

That's not the question. Ask yourself when we last lost at White Hart Lane. We've given them 3 goal starts and beaten them. Spurs must hate playing against us, look at last season they were cruising and we scored 5 in 45 minutes against them, again.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

It will be a tough game but we can definitely beat them if we have a go at them.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

We'll dick on Spurs. 3-zip.

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

What? They rest all week and don't get injured?

Unread 10-09-2009, 01:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It will be a tough game but we can definitely beat them if we have a go at them.
Yes.

..but we need to play much better than we have so far to beat them.
The 'ever changing' midfield isn't going to make pretty viewing this season.
The lack of continuity will mean that we'll very rarely hit upon a fluid, flowing style of football.

I don't expect us to win everything ever season, but I do expect a certain brand & standard of Football.
I was really dissapointed to see such a negative team take to the field against Arsenal last week (despite the result)

Let's hope we see Berbatov back in the side alongside Rooney on Saturday.
Closed Thread