United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:45 AM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i highly doubt it. Marquee signing coming soon.
I think we are down the list to a gazebo signing now.

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i highly doubt it. Marquee signing coming soon.
Our marquee signing was Griezmann.

This summer has been rubbish so far.

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:59 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Like I said. No more signings.

Very poor summer tbh.

Unread 20-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Buck

The summer has been rubbish if you're consumed by Manchester United's transfer activity.

For the rest of us

Unread 20-07-2017, 12:16 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
You could always £#%&! off and support Chelsea etc. HTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Get back in the sea

He said City will only have wanted to pay £25m for Walker but the selling club said £50m or you don't get him and they paid up. But we don't want to pay what the selling club ask for. Clearly yet another dig and he will use it all year to divert attention. His misery has already started nobody knows the trouble hes seen the poor little lamb.

Unread 20-07-2017, 12:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
He said City will only have wanted to pay £25m for Walker but the selling club said £50m or you don't get him and they paid up. But we don't want to pay what the selling club ask for. Clearly yet another dig and he will use it all year to divert attention. His misery has already started nobody knows the trouble hes seen the poor little lamb.
But enough about Sparky now.

Unread 20-07-2017, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Manchester United want to sign 24-year-old Paris St-Germain defender Serge Aurier as negotiations stall with Monaco over 23-year-old Fabinho. (Independent)
Quote:
German club Werder Bremen have offered to take Manchester United forward Anthony Martial, 21, on loan. (Kicker - in German)
Decent of them

Unread 20-07-2017, 01:55 PM
waynes ear's

stinks of Werder Bremen just shouting "LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" down the phone to Kicker. In german obvz

Unread 20-07-2017, 03:19 PM
ScarFace

It's a turd transfer window so far for us and just goes to show that things have not really changed, We're still run like a bagel shop.

We need a director of football who doesn't like rugby.

Unread 20-07-2017, 04:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Like I said. No more signings
The manager says there will still be at least one more, inclined to believe him tbh.

Unread 20-07-2017, 09:43 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Sounded like a bit of a dig at Woodward/the Glazers for not going the extra mile for him so far. Why should he care if the club pays £5m too much for Perisic (given that's the reported difference between the clubs)? Won't bankrupt the club will it? Sign an official bedsheets partner for £1m a year and they'll make the difference back soon enough.
What was his remit last season, to get United back into CL football. He did that. I might be taking 2+2=5 but his comments at the end of May about Woodward having his 'targets' since April seemed to be him saying I've done my bit, now you do yours.

The will they won't they shit this Summer has been daft, arguing over sums which compared to the huge outlay for Lukaku are paltry (see Perisic). No doubt if the interest in Aurier is correct the £20million PSG want will be low balled. Just pay what the selling club wants and move on, what United have done re Perisic is just piss Inter right off and who can blame them. They set the fee and United still haven't met it.

When was the last time United had all of the players in, settled, ready for a decent pre season?

If anything comes from this Juventus head scout arriving I hope it's Woodward having £#%&! all to do with future recruitment. Let the @#%&! fiddle with himself in his London office instead.

Unread 20-07-2017, 09:49 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The manager says there will still be at least one more, inclined to believe him tbh.
yeah? what if the selling club doesn't want to be paid in abandoned shopping mall stock ?

We're run by monkeys and owned by rats. Only the easiest deals ever get done.

Anything that's tricky or the selling club isn't a bitch...we fail.

Unread 20-07-2017, 09:52 PM
Vetch

Tbf, every player we are linked with is suddenly worth £50m.

Unread 20-07-2017, 09:54 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
Tbf, every player we are linked with is suddenly worth £50m.
It's the new £10m nqat

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Buck

So now Woodward decides to think before throwing cash around

Maybe it's just Perisic he thinks is not worth it. The others at least have some resale value.

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:15 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

We're run by monkeys and owned by rats.

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:16 PM
ScarFace

Unread 20-07-2017, 10:20 PM
Buck

Only MEN are pushing that Dier line which in my eyes is confirmation it's bullshit

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Maybe it's just Perisic he thinks is not worth it. The others at least have some resale value.
Ah, haven't heard that one for a while......

Unread 20-07-2017, 11:35 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

In fairness to Woodward I'd say he'd have his hands full convincing the Glazers that a soon to be 29 year old who isn't a particularly big name is worth nearly £50m.
Closed Thread