United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:25 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think he's done well. I'm happy with him.
This.

English must be getting better, been poor last two games.

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Coracao

Needs more consistency with his touch, but he's not the only forward we could say that about...

Also needs to be getting shots away quicker, there was moment in the first half where he took an extra touch and then the chance had gone.

Overall he has done well in his first season in such a poor attacking side. Would've been a £#%&!ing grim season had he not signed.

Can't say he has ever come across as lazy when I've watched him play.

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:26 PM
MJ Ramone

he's missing Rooney.
Those 2 + Mata were hitting off a nice understanding until the Rooney injury.
He works better from the left where he can make his own luck rather than rely on the 'service'

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
he's missing Rooney.
Those 2 + Mata were hitting off a nice understanding until the Rooney injury.
He works better from the left where he can make his own luck rather than rely on the 'service'
The service today no £#%&!er could have done anything with, those long balls from that Dutch @#%&!

Been a right lazy bastard last two games tho.

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Martial Law

Welbeck is only 5 league goals behind him and he's only played about 2 and a bit games, cracking player mind you.

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Also needs to be getting shots away quicker, there was moment in the first half where he took an extra touch and then the chance had gone.
Yeah that was our best move of the game. Was after the red card too. Shot there and who knows... even if it was saved someone could've mopped up. Ah well.

Lazy isn't something I'd level at him. A bit selfish maybe, but for a pacy forward that can be an asset.

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Red Al

My only(small)criticism of him is that he seems to try and take the whole team on thus holding onto the ball too long.
But with coaching and better players around him I'm sure Utd can iron out any wrinkles in his game

Unread 06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

gifted technically, powerful and great balance but erratic, wasteful and not clinical enough...

Unread 06-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
gifted technically, powerful and great balance but erratic, wasteful and not clinical enough...
Only 20yrs old, that'll come.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Awful thread

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:08 PM
£#%&! KFC

what did Van Dull say about him after the game???

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Awful thread
Describes most of Bellers football threads tbf

The lad tries but hasn't a £#%&!ing clue.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Just because he's possibly our best player doesn't mean he's above criticism. Most United fans should be able to accept inconsistencies from young players (except Memphis obvs) but if they're taking their foot off the gas they need checking.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Put simply, I don't think he works hard enough or is sharp enough to second balls.
It's not always about working 'hard' tho. How hard did Thierry Henry work? Or to ask a better question - how hard did he LOOK like he was working?

He has to learn how to find space and run more efficiently and effectively. He's never going to look like he's working hard - he just doesn't have that demeanor, and he's not the type to try to charge down clearances at the touchline, or the goalkeeper when clearing a backpass, etc.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Just because he's possibly our best player doesn't mean he's above criticism. Most United fans should be able to accept inconsistencies from young players (except Memphis obvs) but if they're taking their foot off the gas they need checking.
Who said he was?

Plus, this is a bit rich coming from you ffs

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:21 PM
Buck

He needs more support from the other players. Often he gets the ball wide and is completely isolated. He's got the dribbling quality to easily beat his man...but then what? The benefit of having numbers joining in attack is you have lots of options. Some pick the wrong one but Martial more often enough has no option. That probably explains why he holds the ball for long.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:22 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
It's not always about working 'hard' tho. How hard did Thierry Henry work? Or to ask a better question - how hard did he LOOK like he was working?

He has to learn how to find space and run more efficiently and effectively. He's never going to look like he's working hard - he just doesn't have that demeanor, and he's not the type to try to charge down clearances at the touchline, or the goalkeeper when clearing a backpass, etc.
I think Henry was quicker to loose balls and didn't get caught on his heels as much. Martial will get plenty of praise when he's doing well, so he can't take it when it's pointed out that he's not done his job on or off the ball recently.

Quote:
Who said he was?

Plus, this is a bit rich coming from you ffs
Not sure what the last line means, so I'm just going to assume it wasn't a subby and move on. Alright, pal?

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I think Henry was quicker to loose balls and didn't get caught on his heels as much. Martial will get plenty of praise when he's doing well, so he can't take it when it's pointed out that he's not done his job on or off the ball recently.

Not sure what the last line means, so I'm just going to assume it wasn't a subby and move on. Alright, pal?
No, let's not move on smarty pants. I was referring to the fact that you cannot bring yourself to criticise the big daawg despite his many ridiculous decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Describes most of Bellers football threads tbf

The lad tries but hasn't a £#%&!ing clue.
Isn't there a stat about fat people with gigantic ears knowing absolutely £#%&! all about football floating around somewhere?

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
No, let's not move on smarty pants. I was referring to the fact that you cannot bring yourself to criticise the big daawg despite his many ridiculous decisions.
Wow. Really just wow.

Unread 06-03-2016, 11:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Isn't there a stat about fat people with gigantic ears knowing absolutely £#%&! all about football floating around somewhere?
ffs

Claret everywhere.
Closed Thread