United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2010, 04:45 PM
koppas

Default Re: If you could swap Wayne Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Based on recent events, Scholes for that equaliser in the San Siro.
@#%&! I was gonna post that.

Unread 18-03-2010, 04:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
ah, but did he ever win european shin of the year, eh? answer me that?

Unread 18-03-2010, 04:50 PM
razzle

Quote:
well said carlispiteriol

Unread 18-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Spiffy

As has been said many times, there was no player in the world who could have improved United more by signing for us. Everything from diets to training were improved as a direct result of Eric. We felt unbeatable and that has probably won us more titles than any player. I'd go as far as to say that Eric won more matches for us than Fat Ronaldo or Zidane did for their teams.

Rooney is the best English player I've seen play live. Eric is the best footballer I've ever seen play live. I expect Rooney to surpass Eric eventually but without Eric, we may not have won the league (we started off v poorly). SAF may not have stayed and who knows where we'd be now.

Eric's influence is still there for all to see, have a look at the players we have who played with Eric. Look at their technique, their work rate and their attitude.

Unread 18-03-2010, 10:08 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
As has been said many times, there was no player in the world who could have improved United more by signing for us. Everything from diets to training were improved as a direct result of Eric. We felt unbeatable and that has probably won us more titles than any player. I'd go as far as to say that Eric won more matches for us than Fat Ronaldo or Zidane did for their teams.

Rooney is the best English player I've seen play live. Eric is the best footballer I've ever seen play live. I expect Rooney to surpass Eric eventually but without Eric, we may not have won the league (we started off v poorly). SAF may not have stayed and who knows where we'd be now.

Eric's influence is still there for all to see, have a look at the players we have who played with Eric. Look at their technique, their work rate and their attitude.
Truly superb post Sniffer - fair play mate

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:14 PM
thankseric

Quote:

Yep. Spot on. He changed everything.

Rooney is fantastic but I'd put Gascoigne just above him.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric

Rooney is fantastic but I'd put Gascoigne just above him.

Great player for a couple of seasons, luxury player for most of his career.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:22 PM
thankseric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Great player for a couple of seasons, luxury player for most of his career.
Great player for a few years, very badly injured for the others. In terms of natural talent the best English player I've seen.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:31 PM
redmike

Quote:

Yep outstanding post.

Pretty sad though that it still needs to be posted, i would have thought by now that all this would be universally accepted amongst the red faithful.
I mean i read on here the other day a post saying Cantona was poor technically.

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:35 PM
thankseric

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Yep outstanding post.

Pretty sad though that it still needs to be posted, i would have thought by now that all this would be universally accepted amongst the red faithful.
I mean i read on here the other day a post saying Cantona was poor technically.
Someone suggested Eric was poor technically??!!

Unread 18-03-2010, 11:39 PM
wee man

No

Unread 19-03-2010, 12:22 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

Great post Sniff.

Unread 19-03-2010, 10:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankseric
Someone suggested Eric was poor technically??!!
Any chance of said person being named and shamed??

Unread 20-03-2010, 03:17 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It wuz CarlooosSpitroastival.

Unread 20-03-2010, 03:34 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It sounds like something Argentina would say.
Closed Thread