United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-11-2021, 08:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Wasn't he planning to leave the following year? Could we afford to wait and hope Giggs could follow on?

I agree it would have been good to see where it went but it was very, very painful.
Yep.

Great pressers, had the dippers number and won us a cup but his football was shit and depressing to watch.

Obviously the way he was sacked was disgusting but what does anyone expect from a worm like Woodward.

Unread 17-11-2021, 09:01 PM
Zorg

Was just too old imo. A few years too late. And the football... Christ.

Maybe should have stuck with him though, I dunno. He was trying to get @#%&!s like Cleverly and Schneiderlin to follow actual instructions.

Unread 17-11-2021, 10:51 PM
Jack Duckworth

donald love though...

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:27 PM
lenin

Whats with the wheelchair? He’s not been demonstrating the high jump at his school reunion again has he the mad £#%&!er?

Love Louie. Trainer-Coach

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenin
Whats with the wheelchair? He’s not been demonstrating the high jump at his school reunion again has he the mad £#%&!er?

Love Louie. Trainer-Coach
Took a dive on a tarmac touchline.

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:31 PM
Sapien

Loved Louie. Made some dreadful signings though tbf to him.

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Loved Louie. Made some dreadful signings though tbf to him.
I don’t think many were his first choice, or even 2nd tbf.

The club has let all our managers down to differing degrees. Even Mou, though he deserved it.

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:49 PM
avocado

Can’t believe all this re-writing of history. It was garbage. Maybe we should have given Dave Sexton more time.

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:52 PM
andyroo

Love Louis, hate his football. Netherlands were pretty shit yesterday too tbh.

Still, was a mistake but one I'm glad we made. And probably for the best we didn't see the Giggs project through in the end

Unread 17-11-2021, 11:56 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 18-11-2021, 09:23 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Can’t believe all this re-writing of history. It was garbage. Maybe we should have given Dave Sexton more time.
Agree, Van Gaal was sound but United were woeful in the main. I think some are longing for him because him and his staff actually look appealing against the current novice and his back room. You’d far rather see us look negatively coached than at 6s and 7s every week.

Unread 18-11-2021, 09:26 AM
NedKelly

You can really tell who understands football by the comments they make about LVG. No surprise to see the more intelligent posters singing his praises.

Unread 18-11-2021, 09:48 AM
Pop

Can't have an LVG thread with a mention of the "llyuady who playsh the shaxaphone".

Unread 18-11-2021, 09:50 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
S/Side Red, pol. S standing for "South".

Now, don't make me break my beauty sleep again
Cool theory bro.

Unread 18-11-2021, 09:52 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

I think it was in Paul McGrath's book (great read btw) about being at villa when josef venglos came in, tried to get the players to eat and train properly, stop getting locked every day etc, and they gave him an awful time and eventually got him sacked.
(not Paul, the others as Paul is an IRL angel)

I reckon same happened to Louis.

case in point;

undermined from within

Unread 18-11-2021, 10:08 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I think it was in Paul McGrath's book (great read btw) about being at villa when josef venglos came in, tried to get the players to eat and train properly, stop getting locked every day etc, and they gave him an awful time and eventually got him sacked.
(not Paul, the others as Paul is an IRL angel)

I reckon same happened to Louis.

case in point;

undermined from within
It’s happening with Ronaldo mate. Turns up first day and everyone is in awe. Doesn’t order dessert that night and it’s all “is Ronaldo actually having a bad effect on the team?”

Probably Ole leaking to the press.

Unread 18-11-2021, 10:24 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Can't have an LVG thread with a mention of the "llyuady who playsh the shaxaphone".

https://youtu.be/0651V-7I-pc

Unread 18-11-2021, 10:28 AM
MUFC One Love

It was the worst football I have ever seen at United.

Sold players who had won trophies as well...

Unread 18-11-2021, 11:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You can really tell who understands football by the comments they make about LVG. No surprise to see the more intelligent posters singing his praises.
Nice attempt

Unread 18-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was the worst football I have ever seen at United.

Sold players who had won trophies as well...
worst as in boring, but not worse in quality than current ole or moyes.

current ole is the worst of the lot post saf
Closed Thread